Having some hair loss

Okay. Here we are...

So I'm 26 years old. I'm having some hair loss. You know, the typical stuff where my hairline has withdrawn on the left and right side of my forehead. but also the rest of my hair feels, kinda, thinner.

What can I do to prevent, or even reverse what's happening here? My hair is very important to me. I love my hair. I must take some action. AT the very least a shampoo or something like that.

I've spent a lifetime of wearing gel on my hair. Just thought I'd mention it. But in the past 2 years I've reduced it. Sometimes I go months without wearing gel. This was supposed to protect my hair.

Okay guys. Let's go. Give me the walkabout?

haha after writing the above, I googled what walkabout means (English's my 3rd language), and I get this: "Walkabout historically refers to a rite of passage during which Indigenous male Australians would undergo a journey during adolescence."

Well, I'm no Australian but, it is a journey. I love my hair and losing it or having it reduced would be a terrible tragedy for the entire universe. I promise you that :D

Okay, but this is serious. I'm serious guys. Give me some helpful info please?

Original Poster
Sorry. I should've mentioned. I'm male.

No, I haven't had my thyroid checked, ever. I'll look into that, and the coconut oil.

Thanks

Original Poster
Hey guys,

So I've read about Coconut oil and hair loss. After reading about it, I am not convinced it does anything to help much. However, I did buy coconut oil because I started doing oil pulling. I started doing it because I just got a crown put in on a tooth, and I want to help the area heal and stimulate gum growth, as well as help with some thrush/candida whatever fungus issue I have.

Dealing with the thrush/candida thing will help with the hair thing too, I believe.

For the hair specifically, I went and bought a shampoo from the bio shop. Here's what I got: https://www.biospajz.rs/81.html

The description and all is written is the Serbian language. It's produced locally here. Let me translate though:

"Herbal mixture Fitomil lotion for hair: against dandruff, against hair loss, strengthens the hair root.

Fitomil herbal mixture is made of water rich with natural iodine and herbal extracts. Fitomil herbal mixture for hair washing is intended for sensitive types of hair and head skin. Fitomil hearbal mixture for hair washing improves hair nutrition acting regenaratively. It eliminates itching, does not create dandruff and prevents the loss of hair. Fitomil herbal mixture with Fitomil lotion give excellent results.

Ingredients: Calenduale Flos, Ocimum Basilicum, Achilea Milefolium, Urtica Diotica, Aqua, Natril Laurylis Sulfas."

Also it's good that it's made locally. I paid $5 bucks for 250ml. So that's nice :)

Although the coconut oil was like $15 bucks for 590g. I can't find the coconut oil I got online to show you, but it's Organic, without cholesterol, without conservatives, not refined, extra virgin, and the most expensive one they had out of the 3 different kinds the store had. The girl working there said this one is the best (of course haha).

Well, that's it for now...

jfh

perpetual student
Good luck with that. The coconut oil should help. So far as I know, there is not magical hair growing elixir out there anywhere in the world. Somebody would be very wealthy, if they invented such a thing. Minoxidil is the closest thing, but does not work for front of scalp and must be used everyday.

Pumpkin seed extract has been shown to grow hair in some instances.

But the best we can do is to use stuff to keep it from falling out in the first place.

Original Poster
Good luck with that. The coconut oil should help. So far as I know, there is not magical hair growing elixir out there anywhere in the world. Somebody would be very wealthy, if they invented such a thing. Minoxidil is the closest thing, but does not work for front of scalp and must be used everyday.

Pumpkin seed extract has been shown to grow hair in some instances.

But the best we can do is to use stuff to keep it from falling out in the first place.
Hey Jfh. It's been a while my friend. I hope you're fantastic :)

Yeah, I know. I've seen all those forums where people are complaining about hair loss. There is obviously no solution. I'm not so much looking to get what was lost to regrow, but to at least slow down and prevent further loss as much as possible. The shampoo thing is the first step, because until now I've been using a less than good cheap - I'd say toxic - shampoo. So that has to go.

I'll check out Minoxidil. I've never heard of that. Funny you mention pumpkin seed extract. I don't use that, but I eat A LOT of pumpkin seeds - raw, unsalted.

We'll do what we can, and try to make that moneyyyy :)

Hopefully in the near future they can do some stem cell magic, or some sort of magic that can stimulate the body to grow new hair.

I mention making money because, no matter what they discover, it's certainly going to cost, as everything does...

jfh

perpetual student
Minoxidil is a pharmaceutical that was used for heart disease. As a side effect, it grew hair. You would find it in products by the name of Rogaine. It is unfortunate that when you stop using it, the growth discontinues. It is primarily used for male pattern baldness.

Original Poster
Minoxidil is a pharmaceutical that was used for heart disease. As a side effect, it grew hair. You would find it in products by the name of Rogaine. It is unfortunate that when you stop using it, the growth discontinues. It is primarily used for male pattern baldness.
Let's take that drug, isolate what makes hair grow, make it safe and permanent, patent it, and put it out on the market and get super rich!

Me and you buddy. Big thing are gonna happen. Big things! :D

hahahaha

Okay. Well, that's a no then. I'll try what I can naturally, and we'll see how it goes. Hopefully the future brings solutions to this, to teeth regeneration, to extending life (live longer), etc.

Cheers :)

Esmee

how about using art naturals shampoo, like Argan Oil extract, i have used one and made my hair feel comfortable. I would recommend it to you, maybe it will work

frankquinn85

Hair Loss can influence only your scalp or your whole body. It very well may be the aftereffect of heredity, hormonal changes, restorative conditions or prescriptions. Anybody can encounter male pattern baldness, yet it's progressively normal in men. I'll tell you the best tips by which you can get rid of hair loss. These are the following:

1. Avoid hairstyles that pull on the hairline.
2. Ditch hair tools that use high heat.
3. Be wary of chemical processing.
4. Peruse your pantry.
5. Use hair products targeted to restore hair growth.
6. Consider a topical medication.
7. Don’t skip the scalp massage.
8. Consider essential oils.