fast heartbeat

hopeful

Sometimes my heart beats real fast for no reason at all, it can last minutes and sometimes at night it can last for hours. I never had heart trouble, is this something to worry about, like I said I don't like to see doctors if I don't have to, thanks.

d0ug

Measure your height and see if you are a little shorter even a 1/4 inch. If so it might be a problem in the back a irritation of the nerves leaving the spine. Much like when you hit your elbow [funny bone] and your hand feels different. See a chiropractor and make bone soup to help that problem.
There is another thing that can cause fast heart rate is MSG a food additive which is in many soups and other processed food it also goes by many different names.

Tweety

I would get a heartbeat that was really fast and hard. I read on another forum that Vitamin C and Magnesium did the trick to get this to stop. I tried it and can say that it worked for me. This may or may not help you, but doesn't hurt to try.

Lindy62

Sometimes my heart beats real fast for no reason at all, it can last minutes and sometimes at night it can last for hours. I never had heart trouble, is this something to worry about, like I said I don't like to see doctors if I don't have to, thanks.
I know this is an old thread, but I have this problem as well. I was diagnosed with Supra-ventricular Tachycardia. Or, SVT. Once I actually got hooked up to an EKG during an episode and my heart rate was 220 bpm!

I was told SVT is not life threatening. There is a surgical option for this condition but I’ve chosen to live with it for now. I believe the surgery is done with a scope to the heart via a vein in the leg and the “extra electrical pathway” that causes the tachycardia is cauterized (but please research it, as I’m sketchy on the exact procedure).

My SVT started at age 17 and I’m 58 now. It happens more often now, but I’m making sure I get 400 mg of magnesium (glycinate) per day, as well as lots of potassium, and staying hydrated. These three things really help keep it from going into full-SVT. Normally I get “flutters”. I also do what’s called a “vagal maneuver”, where I hold my breath and bear down and this causes the vagal nerve to slow the heart down if it starts to beat fast or flutter. As a last resort, if I go into full SVT, I keep a dropper bottle of potassium chloride in my purse and squirt a couple of dropperfuls under my tongue. This while doing the vagal maneuver does wonders to bring my heart beat back to normal pretty quickly.

If you are still here I hope you have found answers by now and that my response has also helped. 🙂

jfh

perpetual student
I have a friend who has Arrhythmia, another form of Tachycardia. He has learned that he is potassium deficient. Though magnesium is the best natural supplement, don't forget potassium. But beware that too much potassium can be bad for your kidneys.

Also for anything related to heart, I always think of omega-3, but I've also read reports that too much omega-3 fatty acids may not be helpful for people with arrhythmias and may even be harmful in some cases. Here is a report of one such study https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23714269/

Also, I use to follow Dr. Mercola, but find that some of his recommendations are radical for me. Now, I really like Dr. Axe. https://draxe.com/health/tachycardia/