Epididymis issue: doc says inflammation only...I say infection

sow&reap

Hello all:

UPDATE: on my epididymis / prostate issue"

My recent Ultrasound revealed that I have inflammation in my RIGHT epididymis (almost twice the size at the other epi). It is chronic inflammation that cycles between severe pain to mild discomfort for the last two years

so my doc says its inflammation and not infection "so you will just have to live with." I say then why did the antibiotics I just finished help SO much with the "pain, itching, heat, general discomfort radiating from the right epididymis where I have the problem? (14 days of levofloxacin 5oo mg). He says, you may have had an infection as well BUT most likely the AB had an anti-inflammatory effect. BUT then I say, why then do the AB's work so much better than anti-inflammatory medication. he THEN says because the AB's have a unique type of anti-inflammatory effect/ property on soft tissue penetration that regular anti-inflammatroy medication does not....

i dont know if I buy that.......

So my question:

Is my chronic inflammation treatable? is it related to bacteria and pathogens? Should I treat an inflammation issue the same as I would treat an infection issue? Will colloidal silver and natural anti-fungal, anti-bacterial extracts address the inflammation?

Bottomline: is my inflammation the cause of my infection or visa versa or ARE they one in the same? I am sure originally the infection caused the inflammation so why does it not go away if the infection goes away? Do I simply live with chronic inflammation or can I treat this somehow as well

Thanks so much - really appreciated

BigAl

Hey S&R, here's what happened to me. I had an infection under my skin on my face. It was like a pimple that never came to a head. Nothing I tried seemed to help it. Until one day I put an anti inflamitory, CMO salve, on it and in about 1 1/2 months it disappeared. Good luck.

sow&reap

Original Poster
Hey Big Al - thanks for your time - I am looking into salves with CMO and it makes sense

I still wonder though if I am dealing with an infection or inflammation only and if I should treat the inflammation like I would an infection (with anti-bacterial products)

ideas anyone?

thanks!

sow&reap

Original Poster
Hi Solstice

Iiodine you say....? so do others.....

Is this an internal or external usage? can you link me to more info?

thanks!!