DIY Face Mask

jfh

perpetual student
So, you can't find a face mask anywhere during this pandemic? Here's a video on how to make one in 40 seconds. I don't have large enough rubber bands and I don't have hair bands. Actually, I don't have any such elastic band. So, I just cut a shoelace in half and tied them into 2 loops. Works OK. Also, I used a dinner napkin for the fabric. It is also easy to clean.

jfh

perpetual student
Original Poster
I would be too embarrassed to do this, and I think one layer of fabric is not enough. But, in a hurry....

jaminhealth

My daughter is NOT a mask person unless she has to and today she saw two young mothers with little kids and the little ones had masks....so we need to worry about get the VIRUS from little kids...good grief.

jfh

perpetual student
Original Poster
I wear a mask in public always. It's a simple thing to do to try to defeat this highly contagious virus. I know of no other tool cheap enough for everyone to try to do their part other than mask and social distancing. Just imagine. If everyone had behaved, we could have solved this problem in a couple weeks months ago. But so much misinformation and politics may be causing us to go into yet another lockdown. A more severe lockdown. With a mask, the virus has nowhere to go.

jaminhealth

Again so much misinformation out there and to BELIEVE the mask will save the people, good grief. Work on one's Immune System and be healthy to not get any virus. So much info on how much harm the mask does to our own breathing, and so many have compromised breathing to begin with...Am I the only one to "gets this".....

And I hear wear that mask until that vaccine is found...and that could be years or never. Sounds like we'll be another China.

Never are the "officials" talking about working on one's Health for the Real Thing.

Last edited:

jaminhealth

And so as I said above about little kids with masks, we should be worrying too about these little ones giving us CV? So many are so so misguided on all this business.

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
I wear a mask in public always. It's a simple thing to do to try to defeat this highly contagious virus. I know of no other tool cheap enough for everyone to try to do their part other than mask and social distancing. Just imagine. If everyone had behaved, we could have solved this problem in a couple weeks months ago. But so much misinformation and politics may be causing us to go into yet another lockdown. A more severe lockdown. With a mask, the virus has nowhere to go.
I have a couple of homemade masks and a couple of store bought ones. I wear my mask whenever I'm close to people, whether it be outdoors in a park or in a store. It's the only way to stop the spread of the virus, even if asymptomatic you can still spread it to others. It's the only considerate thing to do until this virus is under control.

I have a pretty good immune system and haven't been sick in a long time, but there are immune compromised people out there, some are older folks, cancer patients, etc. Both my husband and I wear masks when out in public near people, although we don't go out to stores or anything unless necessary. We've had a lot of no contact deliveries, seems to be a good way to go.

Reactions: jfh

jaminhealth

I have a couple of homemade masks and a couple of store bought ones. I wear my mask whenever I'm close to people, whether it be outdoors in a park or in a store. It's the only way to stop the spread of the virus, even if asymptomatic you can still spread it to others. It's the only considerate thing to do until this virus is under control.

I have a pretty good immune system and haven't been sick in a long time, but there are immune compromised people out there, some are older folks, cancer patients, etc. Both my husband and I wear masks when out in public near people, although we don't go out to stores or anything unless necessary. We've had a lot of no contact deliveries, seems to be a good way to go.
My neighbor is out at the stores and of course has to wear one, but she also has COPD and when I saw her yesterday the mask looked so sweaty and icky, I almost could not look at it. I'm not out and about long before CV hit us and this is due to OA mess and hip replacement mess. long messy ugly saga in my life.

jaminhealth

Masks: Helpful or Hoax

The mainstream media has done a great job keeping all their followers in constant fear, fear sells ratings. Now, why wouldn't they throw in "keep your immune systems strong, Vit C, D, Zinc and others".... it's too much TRUTH....

I follow George Noory every night and his millions of listeners are getting good advice on their immune systems by George and what he does.

jaminhealth

More info coming out on the Mask "need"..

A friend just listened to a one hour podcast (dated June 1) on masks with Dr. Michael Osterholm. He is director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota (CIDRAP) and has worked in the field for 45 years. He does a weekly Covid podcast. I learned a few simple but helpful things.
  1. Droplet vs. Aerosol. Droplets come from coughs and sneezes (we know that). Aerosol comes from normal talking and breathing. When we see what looks like dust in the sunlight; that is aerosol and is constantly present.
  2. Solid scientific research on masks and Covid is non-existent. There is one study on surgical vs. cloth masks. N-95 masks are fitted to the face. Even beard stubble makes them ineffective because it allows air leakage. It is because cloth masks are not sealed that they do not work. The result of the study found that cloth masks are 3% effective. He wants this reported so the public does not think they are protected by masks. He wears a mask in public to make others feel comfortable.
  3. Social distancing is important.
Here is the link to all his podcasts https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-osterholm-update-covid-19/id1504360345

jfh

perpetual student
Original Poster
  1. Solid scientific research on masks and Covid is non-existent. There is one study on surgical vs. cloth masks. N-95 masks are fitted to the face. Even beard stubble makes them ineffective because it allows air leakage. It is because cloth masks are not sealed that they do not work. The result of the study found that cloth masks are 3% effective. He wants this reported so the public does not think they are protected by masks. He wears a mask in public to make others feel comfortable.
  2. Social distancing is important.
In my opinion from everything I've read and heard, masks are not for my protection. They are for keeping me from spreading the virus to other people.

jaminhealth

Other people SHOULD all be taking care of themselves....as much as humanly possible. I just received a couple more links from those who say Masks don't work. Laura Ingraham for one, Jon Rappaport's news for another...they keep coming.

Very worth viewing:

jfh

perpetual student
Original Poster
Other people SHOULD all be taking care of themselves....as much as humanly possible. I just received a couple more links from those who say Masks don't work. Laura Ingraham for one, Jon Rappaport's news for another...they keep coming.

Very worth viewing:
OMG! You could at least find credible information.

jaminhealth

These are credible, and so is Dr. Osterholm that I also posted on his mask research. See #12 above.

Have you followed any of Jon's investigative work? I have for probably 20 some yrs. Love it when people attack those they know nothing about.

jfh

perpetual student
Original Poster
Read the latest from Jon Rappaport on the mask controversary.. Jon brings a lot of sense to the subject. I've been following him for at least a couple decades.
Yet another conspiracy theorist. It’s like Jon makes a primary virtue of taking down any opinion but his own, and his own opinions appear to be based pretty much on automatically opposing whatever he sees as mainstream.

I'll stick with science on this subject. It is easily shown that masks and social distancing works very well to at least slow the spread. Check out New Zealand, Italy, Spain, Japan.

jaminhealth

Jon digs in for more truths, for those w ho want to follow the leaders, be my guest and be a sheep, I choose not that route. I question everything...

Masks, and the rest are most likely important but then there is a lot more....LOT MORE.

Last night on my favorite late talk radio a caller called in a said exactly what I've been saying for months, why oh why is all the media talks about is masks, distance, wash hands, NOTHING about working to keep one's immune system Healthy... You don't get that jfh and of on all places, a natural medicine group.

Last edited: