Diabetes affected by dental work?

Naturalman

Wellness Consultant
I diagnosed myself about 4 years ago when my wife and daughter went on a long trip and I was a bit depressed. To make a long story short I changed my diet dramatically and within a week my count went from 289 to 99 and stayed below 140 for the last 3 1/2 years or more.
Late last summer I began some extensive dental work which meant a lot of pain shots. I have noticed that even though I still avoid sugar and things like white flower, or white flower products, for some reason my count is running much higher and I don't seem to be able to keep it down even with the correct diet. I do take cinnamon and chromium supplements.
Does anyone know if those dental shots could have influenced the pancreas? Does anyone have experice with this kind of thing? I do not want to have to depend on medicine, after all I am "Naturalman"! But this has got me puzzled.

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
Its pretty common knowledge that stress can increase insulin needs... this is always taken into consideration if a diabetic has surgery. Don't know why it would be different with dental procedures. I would not think that this would be a permanent change though.

It makes me wonder if there is latent infection in your mouth somewhere. Insulin needs increase with infection also.

Natureman, have you read how some people on insulin have lost the need for it after using mms?

saved1986

In seaerch of spicy food
Could just be coincidence. Change the brands of your cinnamon and see what happens.

Naturalman

Wellness Consultant
Original Poster
I have not really looked into MMS. Guess I'll have to:)

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
I do take cinnamon and chromium supplements.
I do not want to have to depend on medicine, after all I am "Naturalman"!
Hi Naturalman, I don't know about the dental shots, but thought I'd mention the supplement Bitter Melon. It lowers blood sugar.

Naturalman

Wellness Consultant
Original Poster
I'm pretty sure there is no infection. The dental work took several months. One time I was in the chair for around 10 hours believe it or not, from 8:00a.m. till 6:00 p.m. I had a lot of shots so that's why I wondered about it. I know that stuff gets in your blood stream and I even got shaky after a few shots. It beat the pain though! Other times were shorter, anywhere from 4 to 6 hours.
I'll look into the MMS.

nightowl

Beloved enlightener...always with us in spirit
I keep Doctor's Best Cinnamon Extract - Cinnulin PF on hand and take one with meals twice a day if there are a lot of carbohydrates in the meals. I wasn't a diabetic until a recent illness and only a little above normal occasionally now, so I haven't taken it on a steady basis. I've read that the cinnamon extract, cinnulin, is much stronger than the spice we normally cook with and much better for controling blood sugar. These days they (the medical community and big pharma in general) are working hard to make foods and supplements look useless, so I try to ignore the news.

Naturalman

Wellness Consultant
Original Poster
Kind2creatures, I received the bitter melon today and have already begun. I'll let you know if it helps. Thanks.

Babs

I think aging--time passing--can worsen diabetes management. I found that happened to me, passing 60. But, this year I was able to cut my meds to less than half--had to--by supplementing with quercetin, and bromelain, both 500 mg, twice a day. Dropped my blood sugar much faster so had to reduce my meds, with ok from my doctor.

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Kind2creatures, I received the bitter melon today and have already begun. I'll let you know if it helps. Thanks.
Naturalman, I hope the Bitter Melon supplement is working for you, let us know. I still have my bottle on hand if I need it. I discontinued taking Chromium Picolinate over 6 months ago, I'll see if that is making any difference. I'm not pre-diabetes yet, and am trying to avoid it. I'm seeing the doctor next week and having a fasting blood glucose test, will post if the result is bad, and I go back on CP or need to use the Bitter Melon regularly.