celery and high blood pressure

jeramay22

Was recently diagnosed with 169/98 blood pressure. Took the advice of the blog and ate l/4 lb. of celery every day and after 7 days BP is 132/84. Wow.

Last edited:

pinballdoctor

Was recently diagnosed with 169/98 blood pressure. Took the advice of the blog and ate l/4 lb. of celery every day and after 7 days BP is 132/84. Wow.
There is no way you can keep eating 1/4 pound of celery every day, however you can pick up celery seed extract in capsules at your local health food store and take a couple per day, and have the same results.

saved1986

In seaerch of spicy food
If eating 1/4 pound gets annoying, you can always juice the celery

jeramay22

Original Poster
I plan on getting the capsules. You're right eating all that celery is a chore.

pinballdoctor

I plan on getting the capsules. You're right eating all that celery is a chore.
While you're at it, do some research on high blood pressure and beets.

Beets are also available as an extract in capsule form. Beets are loaded with nutrients (as long as they are grown in good soil) including potassium and magnesium, which help "regulate" blood pressure.

I would also suggest you replace regular table salt with a good quality sea salt, such as Redmonds.

Thrasymachus

That is not surprising. I also doubt you would get the same benefit by just taking a capsule or juicing. Because you will likely undo that benefit by eating more unhealthy animal based foods again that will increase cholesterol and blood pressure. Eating that much celery meant you had to cut down on milk derivatives and meat by the 1/4 lb. of celery you ate.

I would instead recommend sticking to the advice of some of the following experts:
Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn, Dr. Neil Bernard, Dr. John McDougall, Dr. Joel Fuhrman who all advocate whole foods plant based diets to reverse such conditions as high blood pressure. If you do that you will get even better results.

HealthyMe

There are other foods that can reduce blood pressure, so you can easily add them to your diet and enjoy eating.