Branchial Cleft Cyst

Corkster

Thanx for the advice. Mine is behaving itself at the moment. I'm taking most of the suppliments you recomended, have improved my diet and drinking only decaf coffee. So far so good :)

singer girl

Great to hear that! What are the supplements that are helping you and what changes have you made with your diet? I also switched to decaf coffee like you suggested.:)

Corkster

I'm taking Flaxseed oil, Marshmallow, Yarrow, Cat's Claw, Black Cohosh and feverfew if I notice it swelling. I've stopped eating bacon and sausages and am just generally healthier foods and reducing my junk food intake. Although there is still some swelling I am not in pain from it anymore :)

viki

BRANCHIAL CLEFT CYST ON THE NECK

Hi Natural Man,

You said that your wife had a branchial cleft cyst. Did she remove it or she's still treating it with herbs. I have the same thing ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE NECK and I don't know what to do. I'm so afraid of the surgery.

I would really appreciate your advice and anyother one that has the same problem.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Corkster

Yes, mine is in my neck. Always had problems with it but docs have always said it was my glands. Have only recently been correctly diagnosed.
Personally I would avoid surgery. After having done some research and found that this is not always successful.
Read previous posts on this thread for advice on naural remedies and diet change which appears to be helping :)

viki

Thank you guys for your reply!
Try Apple cider vinegar and castor oil. Mine has shrinked a lot. Also try to drink warm teas during the day, such as echinacea. The only thing that bothers me is the biopsi shows some "mild squamous atypia".
Did you make a biopsi? Doctor 3 months ago said nothing bad but may be he thought i would go thru the surgery.
None of you had a biopsi?

Corkster

Thanks for your advice, and glad to hear yours has reduced in size :)... no I havent had a biopsy. After being diagnosed, my Doc suggested I book an appointment after I'd done some research on the condition myself. I haven't made another appointment as yet, and really dont like the idea of having a biopsy or surgery.
Best wishes

Corkster

Oh, erm, just one thing, the apple cider vinegar and caster oil... is that to be taken or used as an ointment?

viki

Hi Corkster,
Sorry not replying earlier. Try to drink a little bit of ACV during the day, and apply topically castor oil in the evening. If you can massage the cyst it will help too. The best will be during the shower .... People also prefer puting castor oil packs on the cyst and a warm bottle on top of the pad. Try to keep it for 60 minutes.
Also teas are good. I'm so afraid to have capsules , who knows what side effects will have.

viki

The biopsi will help because the squamous cells carcinomas are maligne.
From statistics few had died because was turned to maligne at the age 50 years old

yummy mummy

I am 28 and the doctor thinks the newly found lump on my neck is a bronchial cyst. he suggests removing it?

caesar

branchial cleft cyst.

I'm looking for some helpful ideas. About a year ago my wife developed a branchial cleft cyst. This is a birth defect that sometimes shows up later in life. When she first had it diagnosed we were told that it would be fine as long as it didn't become infected and then surgery would be the answer.
About three months ago it began to swell and became about the size of a baseball so we went to the surgeon and made arrangements to have it removed. In the meantime, I began administering a mixture of herbs and it reduced in size to about where it was when we first went to the dr a little over a year ago. Our family doctor told her that so long as we are able to control it she would be better off not having the surgery. I, of course, agree.
I would like to see it reduced even further so she is continuing with the decoction but I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this kind of thing and if you might suggest what I can do to shrink it even further.
I'm using dandelion root, yarrow, marshmallow root, white willow bark, ginger root in the mixture and she is also taking plantain and yellow dock in capsule form.
Any ideas?
Hi Naturalman. a couple of months ago I also developed a branchial cleft cyst . It was hell, my cyst got infected and sore. It was the size of an egg. I ended up in the ER . Three weeks ago the cyst got infected again, and I was hospitalized for 4 days. Since then, I've been taking antibiotics to control the infection (clindamycin). My doctor wants to remove it. Honestly, I am not happy about it. I was wondering if your wife is taking any antibiotics to prevent infections. I am also looking for help. Is there anything new. I really want to avoid surgery. how's your wife doing? Have you ever heard of Sclerotherapy with OK-432 (picibanil). It's an anternative treament for Branchil cyst. Thx

smk

branchial cleft cyst

I was diagnosed about 8 yrs ago with a cyst. I had it for about 8 months, went to the doctors, he wanted to do surgery with the risk of facial nerve damage. I refused surgery. Through prayer it went away. It came back a couple of years ago, It went away after a couple of months. It came back this past November, I took the advice of taking apple cider vinegar everyday. I drink a tablespoon in a glass of water a couple times a day, it is almost gone. It has to be raw organic. I bought Braggs Organic ACV at Wegmans for a 32 ounce bottle it is around $5. Also I put organic flaxseed oil on it topically. Also, I believe in the power of prayer. Hope this is helpful.

Corrupteddragon

I realize this is months later, but in the interest of people who may find this thread due to the same condition I am going to reply.

I was diagnosed with the same thing, Branchial Cleft Cyst in my neck, right side, back in early 2008. I tried all kinds of solutions but none ever really brought it completely down. Some things mentioned in the original post did work in bringing it down somewhat but never all the way.
I ended up getting the surgery back in August 2008. I was pretty scared I'll say, I had never before had any kind of surgery, much less neck surgery. In the end though, it all worked out ok and except for a faint scar running about 4 inches in length on my neck, you would never know about it.

So, while I don't really know of any natural medicines that will "cure" it, if anyone is scared about the surgery, they can take it from me that the thought of the surgery was much scarier than the actual procedure. In fact, I had the surgery done on a Thursday morning and the next day I was out driving and doing my normal thing. The surgery itself was about 2 hours.

Lynsey

Natural Man,

I was wondering if I could contact you through email or if you wouldn't mind posting a reply here and telling me more about everything you have done for your wife. I just found out yesterday that my 6 year old daughter has a branchial cleft cyst and her pediatrician has referred us to an Ear Nose and Throat Dr. He can't see us until Sept 6 so I am trying to gather as much info as I can before then. I haven't been able to find much though. So anyways, I would greatly appreciate any specific help from you!

Thank you!

Lynsey

grapefruit alice

newly diagnosed

Dear All,

I am 26 and was recently 'diagnosed' with a branchial cleft cyst, on my left side. The 'lump' as I call it showed up just under 2 months ago, after I went off of a vegan/raw food cleanse.

For several weeks I had a few different hypotheses as to what caused this lump. After I ruled out dental work and infection, I finally went in to have a CT scan as I was quite worried. Results were that it was a BCC. Like others, I am looking for an alternative to the quite invasive and risky surgery.

Part of me believes that going back on the cleanse will help but I have yet to try that. Since I have gone off the cleanse (and consequently noticed the lump) I have been sluggish, depressed, anxious. I am considering the flare up in relation to a possible food allergy. I have never been allergy tested.

What's strange is that I saw a psychic on the same day that I went off the cleanse and she told me that I was 'draining'. At that time I had not noticed the lump or felt sluggish at all.

Like many, I thought that the lump was initially caused by a backed up lymphnode, which I contributed to my cleanse.

I think I am gearing up to try the cleansing diet again and see if that helps. In the mean time, I just wanted to join the discussion!

I hope you are all well. And, if you have any updates, please share!

Ditcher

Help

Naturalman, I need you to tell me how did you use the herb , cause my sister has a simillar problem since her birth and i need to try to atleast make it smaller in size. Please advice me on how to Make the Mixture of herbs and how to give it to her , should it be an applicant ?
Pls let me know thank you

spspspspoon

brachial cleft cyst

male 37
i noticed something right in front of my right ear lobe about 8 years ago
and at the time didnt know what it was
went to dr for other reasons (kallmanns syndrome w/ anosmia diagnosed 90' age of 15)
there i got put on testosterone injections

so i started to notice this thing under my ear a good couple years ago.

went to dr about 3 years ago and he told me it was a Brachial Cleft Cyst not to worry unless it started messing with me, and at this time it wasnt very big but noticeable by other people
NOW it has extended down my jaw line about 4" or so(size of my pinky finger)
i dont usualy get cold or flu or sick at all

the dr told me to not worry about it but i also realized thats the side i sleep on
recently i got a little cold and now it is making my jaw ache
im also in a situation where i am Broke, Jobless, and damn near homeless, and of coarse no med insurance!

i need to find some natural remedies to atleast make it smaller
i have to go to dr every 6 months for injection meds and will have them look at it next time i go (which has to be soon cuz im out of my meds)

but i would like statements of what to get and how to do it
can regular iodine tell if you have a deficiency?

what can i do, or what should i do

Last edited:

spspspspoon

also i dont think moving from New Orleans(katrina) to D.C. then to Vegas has helped
maybe the different climates as such affect it

nanaboojoo

I too am hoping Natureman will reply to these posts. I am 38 yr female and my branchial cyst showed up in October this year, it's now larger than a baseball and is showing signs of infection. Doctor put me on Clindamycin and hopefully it will take most of the pain away with the infection. It's growing over my jaw as well as crowding my ear, is there anything you guys know that can reduce this at all FAST? Pressure in my head is bad and doctor can't get fluid out of it for some reason...

dornquast

Hi All,

I'm fascinated some of you were able to shrink it with herbs/diet. Had I read this first, I would have tried I think. Here is my experience, I hope it helps folks. I know I would have liked to have read this:

8 Years ago I discovered a lump on left side of my neck shaving - it grew to be the size of half an egg ( the oblong way) on my neck (rather quickly, 3-4 weeks). I was completely healthy in every other respect - just ran a marathon, never smoked/used drugs, rarely drank wine, not overweight (suggests it is indeed birth defect). The doctors did surgery and the biopsy revealed it was a branchial cyst. It never returned, and the scar is barely noticeable as they made the incision in cease of neck.

About two months ago, I got another lump! On the right side of my neck. Same story. This time I went to mayo clinic. They were very thorough and did a few things differently than the first hospital.

1. They biopsied the fluid and wall of cyst twice, two different methods, the more successful method was using ultrasound to see where their needle was going to grab cells. No pain, super simple, to confirm what it was before they treated.

2. They drained it (about 1/4 cup of fluid) during the ultrasound biopsy- the first time this happened they wouldn't drain it. I was glad they did, and if you are on this path ask them too.. it's comforting to have a few weeks without pressure on your neck while you wait for surgeon.

It was step 2 that was interesting. They removed fluid, it came right back again over 2 weeks although not as strong.. and seemed to sort of "stabilize" at a smaller egg. I was not interested in having a lump, and given previous surgery was success, I decided to undergo it a second time for other side. It's outpatient - you get it it in morning, go home evening. I had it done on a friday, I'll be returning to work on monday. It all went well.

singer girl

I have noticed that my branchial flares up the most right before my monthly cycle. All this time I thought it was due to water retention. However, After reading up on hormone imbalances I saw I have several signs of an imbalance. I started taking Chickweed, Black Cohosh, Progesterone Creme, along my Marshmallow, and Cats Claw for this. I also changed my diet to eating foods that balance the hormones. I notice it had it shrunk alot in only 2 DAYS!! ( mine has been the size of a large duck egg off and on) MEN also can have hormone imbalances as we both have the same hormones just in different amounts. I will post again tomorrow with a list of foods that can help restore the hormones to the right level. I chose not to do the surgery because it does not get to the root of the problem. Surgery can remove it, but the main problem that causes it still remains and cysts can develop elsewhere. I guess were all special people to have branchials to tell us that we need to fix something in our body!

singer girl

..just a side note, that if you're reading this tonight and need something right away to help with any discomfort, what I do is take 4 Ibuprophin tablets (Motrin) until I can get what I need. And for tomorrow, have eggs and glass of milk for breakfast, (boosts hormomes) Post food list tomorrow.

singer girl

Ok, here is a link of symptoms indicating hormone imbalance @ https://hormoneimbalancesymptoms.net/ Black Cohosh for women is known to balance hormones. Feverfew for discomfort along with MArshmallow and Cats Claw,and Chickweed (which purifies the blood) Foods that I have been eating this week which are helping it to bring it down.
Foods to balance Hormones and help to raise Estrogen levels are:
Protein
Milk
Eggs
Egg Salad
Zinc
Beans
Chick peas
Oats
Wheat
Brown Rice
Alfalfa
Brocolli
Tomatoes and Sauce
Potatoes
Cucumbers
Beets
Celery
Carrots
Omega 3 fats
Olive Oil
Yams
Fruits:
Apples and juice
Cherries and juice
Papaya
Plums
Dates
Red Grapes
Pop cicles to help cool the throat down
These foods have been helping me a lot. I have read that too much raw fiber will delete the body of estrogen too, so I guess just keep even how much fiber you eat in balance too. Best wishes and Blessings!