Alternative Fuel Sources

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
This is a very interesting video about producing biofuels from algae.

https://www.naturalnews.com/023378.html

We will never get there if we have political leaders who pander to the corporate oil companies and other coorporations who stand to loose.
If this process is real we the people will win.

In order to become "green" it will take many many paradigm shifts in thinking and in how we live our lives. It will also take many paradigm shifts in how our economy functions. There is a chance that we may be able to have a freedom as the world has never known. The choice is ours to make. But if we are going to change, if we are going to grow we have to stop doing what we have always done, not just in our personal lives but in our political lives.

Last edited:

Mad Scientest

Inertest concept. But one has to wonder if big oil and the auto manufactures will allow it to compete.

My brother-in-law is an auto mechanic. He called the other day to tell of a course he took to learn all about GM’s new diesel engine. It is a fancy state of the art low emission engine. However if you burn biofuel in it your warranty is null and void.
Oh yes if your engine needs replacement fuel injectors (there are 8 of them) they only cost a $1000 a piece plus it requires a major disassembly of the engine. :shock:

I like the idea of windmills. They are a technology that we can do right now. However we should have two or three standard sizes so they could easily be mass produced. Then we just start sprinkling them all over the country. Of course first we might have to shoot some of the “not-in- my- back- yard” crowd and a few environmentalists.:D

Boss

Windfarms are good

However windfarms can be a bit noisy, and some people don't appreciate the apparently spoilt view, they claim used to be there.

The fact remains though, if something helps to contribute to a better planet, shouldn't someone be thinking, I'd like my grandchildren and their children to be able to have a world, rather than let nothing at all happen in any respect, and get one that's broken beyond repair.

Though such people will calim windfarms are not the only choice in those respects, so people should do something else to tackle environmental issues, but most people can't give any solid reasoning as to what else may work, or be more viable in their local area, and let's face it, if you don't live near a significant water source, that rules out wave power and tidal barrages.

Personally I don't mind windfarms, and if they have to built in some places, why not? Mankind needs ot make up for some of the destruction caused by pollution, and if windfarms are a viable answer for the here and now, not just an interesting concept of the future, then do it I say.

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
Original Poster
Windfarms are going up like crazy in the US. Farmers are putting windmills in along the edge of their fields and selling electricity to the power company which they are obligated to purchase. I think they are rather beautiful on the landscape, Magical feeling. But there are places that they should not be also.