Akai rice company's rice blends beneficial for diabetes?

chris790

My uncle at age 45 was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. Even though he does not eat a lot of sweets, he just loves the process carbs. He must have a lot of it at every meals.

His doctors put him on medications to lower blood glucose levels. But that doesn't solve or recover from diabetes.

He was introduced to the Akai rice from an asian couple friends about the low glycemic rice that's popular on the chinese tv commercials.

Instead of eating the process carb like pasta and bread he eats more of the Akai rice blends. After each meal, he tested his blood glucose level, and the glucose range improve every week.

Just wondering if there are friends out there who are experiencing the similar benefits?

monica

Good news for diabetes- Akai rice?

hi there, actually, yes. my chinese friend josh has a family history of diabete. His uncle died of diabete at ago 40 years old. His body was slowly deteriated, first the eyes went, then the legs, and finally his life. This is a serious condition. And more kids are diagnosed with diabetes also pregnant women. It's no laughing matter and could effect anybody.

so, it's definitely good news about your uncle actually improved his diabete conditions just from adjusting his diet. And eating this Akai rice.

At first, i was a skeptic. A rice that improve health? not to mention improve diabete for that matter!

I guess that Akai rice company advertise a lot in the chinese media about their healthy rice. Helps people with their weight, cholesterol, and diabete conditions. Although, i have not seen it on tv myself.

If i didn't see him eating Akai rice at his place, i probably would have never known about it. So, as it turns out josh was also diagnosed with diabete at age 43. He was terrified at first because he knew the final outcome of being a diabete if he relied on doctor's prescriptions.

So, since he always sees the Akai rice advertising on his chinese channels. He just didn't hesitate to order few boxes himself. Then he explained to me why the Akai rice definitely works.

As you probably know, diabete is based on lack of insulin production. Insulin helps with the lowering of glucose. anyway, i'm not a expert on this....https://www.diabetes.org/diabetes-basics/?loc=GlobalNavDB this web site has more info on diabete.

So, the point is, if you eat high sugar foods they will raise the blood sugar level and if you don't have enough production of insulin to lower it down that's when it'll damage the body.

So, in that case, just avoid eating foods that'll raise the blood sugar level. problem solved. However, you really need to make special efforts to look for and purchase low sugar foods.

This Akai rice Josh and your uncle are eating is definitely one good rice source. because of the high fiber which will slow down absorptions which then first will not raise the blood sugar level and we all know high fiber is good for digestion and promotes healthy stools.

yah, it's just common sense that this Akai rice is good for the body. How can you reject food. especially, high fiber foods like rice. And i love rice.

And of course, i eat the Akai rice now as well....for me, i just love the taste! and like what i said before...good for digestion and healthy stools.

monica
ny ny

shapshftr

Arrow,

I believe those two threads were started by people looking to sell Akai rice, they're not really looking for health info. If you do a google search for Akai rice, it will bring up claims of it being a scam. Just lettin you know.

R

Marcus

R,

I am highly skeptical of a rice that can control diabetes also. I posted two links to sites that may be worthy of attention to anyone who is diabetic and might be reading on this thread. The sites I posted are worth the read.

Eleotin is strictly an herbal preparation for the treatment of diabetes made from chinese herbs.
Here is a post I received from someone using eleotin.

Warmly,
Arrow

The following article appears in the "FAQ" of www.eastwoodcos.com, the Canadian manufacturers of ELEOTIN products:

* How does ELEOTIN® differ from Oriental Herbal Medicine?

People often ask us whether ELEOTIN® is Kanpoyaku - an Oriental Herbal Medicine. In fact, ELEOTIN® and Oriental Herbal Medicines are based on a similar medical methodology. They both try to restore the body's own capability to selectively adopt the most appropriate signals that will promote health and healing.
Most traditional oriental restoratives have a profound association with diuresis. ELEOTIN® and oriental medicinal herbs are similar in this regard. In addition, they are similar in terms of appearance and intake methods. As well, both emphasise the importance of giving gentle and mild stimulus to the body, instead of delivering intrusive chemical stimulus, which often creates permanent damage. So in many respects ELEOTIN® and Oriental Medicinal Herbs are very similar.

However, ELEOTIN® is different from Kanpoyaku, Oriental Medicinal Herbs, in a number of ways. ELEOTIN® has been developed through scientific analyses, and animal and clinical tests, while Kanpoyaku rely on traditions and personal experience. Scientists have identified important modes of actions, making it possible to use ELEOTIN® more safely in conjunction with conventional western drugs. It can sometimes be dangerous to use Kanpoyaku with unknown modes of actions at the same time as conventional western drugs.

Also, Oriental Medicinal Herbs usually try to stimulate the body's metabolism in general, but ELEOTIN® focuses more on the process of diabetes. As a result, Kanpoyaku's effects on diabetes are often evasive, while ELEOTIN®'s effects on diabetes are clear and well defined. Furthermore, the ingredients for Kanpoyaku are often contaminated with herbicides and other toxic chemicals, whereas ELEOTIN® is produced with natural ingredients that are rigorously screened for safety.

Disclaimer : Eleotin is classified as a health food in the U.S and Canada. We make no claims, either expressed or implied, that this product will cure disease, replace prescription medication, or supersede sound medical advice.

The other "FAQ's" on the website are also worthy of study.

chris790

Original Poster
thanks for the further info on diabetes.

As i did some of my own research on this. It is clear with no 'so call scam'.

apparently the rice is low glucose mainly due to naturally high fiber structure of the rice grain. Therefore, the key point is once cooked and eaten the high fiber from the rice slows down the absorption. As a result, you still get the nutrition and starch absorption but without the high rise of the blood glucose. Verses, with process carb (white rice or average brown rice with no or little fiber) the digestive system absorps the carb too fast which then raises the blood glucose.

So, avoid sugar foods and/or process carb, and as a subsititude with nature no gmo, heirloom (original) foods. It is possible to keep the body's blood glucose stable.

And my uncle is a live example.

And it's only common sense to eat high fiber foods to keep a healthy stool! Which leads to other health beneficial results. No one may object to that?!

SharonC

I would hope the eleotin works for those who take t,,,went to the site and for $75 for a one months supply, it is pretty pricey,,,

Marcus

I would hope the eleotin works for those who take t,,,went to the site and for $75 for a one months supply, it is pretty pricey,,,
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Having cared for diabetics on and off for 25 years via the allopathic route, I'd say $75 dollars a month is pretty dam cheap, especially when you add up the cost for diabetic wound care, loss of eye sight, kidney function, loss of limb, obesity, and a myriad of other associated diseases.

I say, pay the money and run!

Xania

Cost - that is why I put the link to the Combetic site. I read that the average monthly cost is $50 and Dr.Khoo supervises closely at the beginning of treatment

monica

Found this on other site.....ENJOY!!!

Feeding the best to our kids.

Hi everyone, I’m Joslin from Hong Kong. Married with a 13 years old daughter, Lynn. I’m a full time mom. Always try to give my daughter the best. Any trip or school activity my husband or I will take turn to go along with her.

We all eat this Akai rice sold from Alhambra, California. We phone ordered after seeing their advertising on television. Also, know friends who are eating the Akai rice. My husband and Lynn both like the taste very much. When I don’t cook the Akai rice Lynn will request to eat.

Akai rice is low in glycemic index and high fiber; therefore help with digestive system. Lynn noticed she maintain good energy level feels great. And worry free. Lynn is not fat but she knows by regular eating the Akai rice she can worry less about gaining too much weight. I feel the same for myself.

I’ve also notice there are increasing awareness of choosing the good carb. Akai rice is the best carb I’ve tried so far. If everyone adjusts their diet first and choosing the right kind of foods then there will be less sickness. (40 years old, married with a teenager.)

monica

mor cool healthy stuff....

How to keep that darn weight for good!

I'm your typical yo-yo dieter. Have tried all kinds of dieting from starvation to medication. They all worked but with nasty side effects! starvation, as we all know, cause lack of energy which lead to moodiness and depression. Not to mention depleading of body's vital nutritients. It's the worse cycle! Medications works but also casuses internal damages. Causes the body to retain water afterward.

So, i am taking this opportunity to share what really worked for me! It's common sense really. But no company wants to share 'cause not enough money can be make from telling truth.

My salvation to stop the ever damaging yo-yo diets: Heirloom, rice grains sold by a company called the Akai rice company from alhambra, california. I first heard about this rice from a colleague at work. She always brings this Akai rice to work and have it for lunch.

But what caught my attention was not the Akai rice she brought to work but was how amazing she looked at age 45 and a mother of three. I thought she was in her earlly thirties. May even be overlooked late twenties. She's got this natural glow!

Well, long story short. I approached her about her diets. What she eats and her youthfull secrets. Basically, she has the same routine as I. Work and family life. Nothing special. didn't go to the gym. just go out during the weekends. The usual. However, she didn't buy any process carb at home. only eats this Akai rice, of course, with any side dishes: poultries, vegetables, fruits.

As I did more research about this Akai rice from Alhambra, California. It's the original sproutable rice grains that the company had researched and contract farmers from southern franch to grow.

The rice grains dates back before the 1930''s which means no GMO. And being sproutable means it's ALIVE! the germ or embryo of the rice contains good protein, fat, minerals, and vitamins. Naturally! with the bran layer intacted. Two kinds of great fibers: insoluble and soluble. Helps reduce the digestive absorption. So, for those in the know, slow down the rise of blood glucose in the body. And high fibers helps with constipations. (common sense!) Cleanses the body daily. Restored nutritients back to the body. stable blood glucose helps keep emotions stable as well.

Basically, I weighted 189 pounds, 5' 5". After only substituing any kinds of process carb like white rice, pasta, or bread. I am able to maintain a constant weight of 125ish for 2 years now!

I feel satisfied. No junk food cravings...well, actually sometimes. But for main meals, I only feed myself the best foods.

What stund me was not the amount of weight i lost but rather how great i still feel and able to keep it off! Since, it's just the best kind of rice. How can anyone go wrong with that?!!!!

This kind of improvements i personally experienced compled me to share with whoever. Be more than happy to share more details with you.

monica

found these:

Akai Rice Company, Alhambra, California

After learning about misleading remarks online about this company, there’s a network of us royal customers have gathered to determined to clean it up!

Akai Rice Company should be encouraged to continue. By providing their rice, spending lots of advertising dollars to educate viewer and consumers about how to eat well and determine the benefits through personal experiences. It’s much better than stuff that we put on our skin or chemical stuff we intake.

I’ll be 43 this year in great shape. I’m troubled with allergy for almost 20 years. But I got the Akai rice just for keeping health preventive reasons. There are a lot of educations through the media about bad carbohydrates and I love rice! SO. White rice, pastas, and bread are a big no.

The Akai rice is 30 pounds each and must mix then cook. Akai rice is blended heirloom live rice. Two kinds of fibers and germinated which contains good protein, vitamin, fat, and mineral. Slows down absorptions. Regulates digestion and metabolism. Once that’s solved then a lot of other health related problems will slowly recover as well.

The result. Slowly now I don’t get the allergy as much as before.

Best start now. Before your health becomes too deteriorate that there’s no turning back. Personal experience. This is Akai Rice Company’s ever-faithful customer from Phoenix, Arizona.

monica

:::

5. Akai rice company, Alhambra, California.

It’s unpleasant to see some negative remarks about this company. Doing my bit of input to set the record straight!

Live in PA for over 20 years, almost retired sushi chef. Work long hours. Free time I do veggie gardening. I have three sons. Son #1 is a yoga instructor. Son #2 and aircraft designer live at home. Son #3 is a computer programmer 25 years old.

I brought this Akai rice to help with my sons’ weight. I rather spend more money on food than process nutritional stuff or worse medicines. Being a chef, this heirloom rice is great, with a natural nutty, earthly flavor easy to elaborate. This Akai rice absorbs a lot more water… in a way; we may be well hydrated as well through digestion from eating this Akai rice, from Alhambra, California.

Since, the Akai rice is live rice grain. I also sprout the Akai rice for a week and then cook them. Just for variety. Being very absorbent, Akai rice is actually perfect for dishes like paellas! Of course, I do the traditional Asian cuisines with the Akai rice.

Basically, just substitute any bad carb recipes with the Akai rice and you got yourself a delicious meal that’s good for the health. We are what we eat.

monica

Regular high fiber diet great for looking younger.

Working everyday and then come home and make dinner for everyone. Gives little time for any fido-didos. The challenge now is to cook fast, taste good, and functional. Which leaves out a lot of stuff not buy to eat. I.e. fat, sugar, salt, and oily foods.

Our meals are simple. Since my hubby love the Akai rice, I just cook the Akai rice in the electrical rice cooker in the morning, automatic. Then stir-fry different veggies daily combined with assorted poultry or seafood. Like a matching game! How can anyone gain weight from this type of meals?

Akai rice’s extreme fiber plus the ones from veggies then you’ve got the perfect youthful diet. Helps the body metabolize – cleans regularly. Slow down aging by intake less destructive food contributions.

So, naturally people will ask about my youthful secrets. And that’s it! Food is the key. Eat right and be right. Good for you, Akai rice company, Alhambra, California. It’s company like yours that some of us have the choice to eat youthful foods!!!

Dependent on process health foods is just wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Eat delicious, fresh foods is the best beauty secret!!!!

monica

It's rice people!!!! high fiber rice slows down absorption!! Common sense. Keep it simple!!!!

EarlyBird

Akai Rice?

Monica, do you have a web address for this Company that sells the rice?. Or perhaps a Phone Number? I love rice, and being Diabetic, I have pretty much given up potatoes. I usually use Basmati Rice.

Thanks for any assist here. :)