About Lemons

The landlady of the house i live in has Lemon, Orange and pommegrate trees behind the house, she dont spray them with anything so they are natural, and you can tell they are good by the multiple seeds you always find (lemon,orange)...I love it :)

i use lemon for wounds as a disinfectant...first thing after i hit or cut myself...and also occasionally mixed with water to get the health benefits internally and to alkalize a little (im sure even with the lifestyle changes im still on the acidic side as far as Ph is concerned), and even more occasionally on food...

Oranges i used to make juice, but now i just eat the whole thing, you know fiber and everything...

Its good...

Thanks Kind for the post..

Btw a question, right now i get no lemons because they are growing and are small and green(not very juicy), is there any difference between an immature green lemon and a mature yellow lemon from the same tree? Health-benefit-wise...

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Original Poster
Btw a question, right now i get no lemons because they are growing and are small and green(not very juicy), is there any difference between an immature green lemon and a mature yellow lemon from the same tree? Health-benefit-wise...
I don't know, but I would imagine the mature lemon is the ideal nutrition. Here's some interesting info about a whole lemon with peel...https://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/fruits-and-fruit-juices/1937/2

mommysunshine

Mental and emotional uses for lemon

~ Lemon balm is calming and relaxing and can relieve bouts of anxiety, nervousness and tension
~ Lemon oil relieves fatigue and increases alertness and cognitive function
~ Promote sleep and reduce tension with a mixture of lemon balm, valerian, chamomile and hops as bedtime tea
Why did he add lemon balm while explaining the benefits of lemons? Lemon balm is a herb. It's green and is a plant. lol

I do love lemons though. Jfh mentioned a while back that they can be used to whiten teeth and that really works. With drinking herb teas they discolor your teeth easily but lemon does the trick. I rub it on for about a minute then alkalize it by swishing with baking soda water. Think I'll go do it now. :D

jfh

perpetual student
Jfh mentioned a while back that they can be used to whiten teeth and that really works. With drinking herb teas they discolor your teeth easily but lemon does the trick. I rub it on for about a minute then alkalize it by swishing with baking soda water. Think I'll go do it now. :D
Occasional use only, because lemons can damage tooth enamel after a while. Another excellent tooth whitener for occasional use is strawberry. Puree a strawberry (fresh, not frozen), add baking soda, brush, leave on for a minute, rinse. Works remarkably well.