\r\n \r\n
\r\n Posts: 1,176\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n
just me is on a distinguished road
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n <!-' + '- / user info -' + '->\r\n
\r\n \r\n <!-' + '- message, attachments, sig -' + '->\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n <!-' + '- icon and title -' + '->\r\n
\r\n \r\nDefault\r\n\r\n What questions to ask? (Tar Syndrome surgery)\r\n
\r\n
\r\n <!-' + '- / icon and title -' + '->\r\n \r\n\r\n <!-' + '- message -' + '->\r\n
\r\n \r\n My grandson is schedualed to go into surgury in a week or so, to have a monolateral fixator attached to his arms in order to stretch the tendons, to prepare for a rod to be placed inside, so that his hands will be straight. My opinion, is that they are jumping into this too quickly.. The doctors are saying that because the child is two, he wont remember the pain and that he will bounce back quickly..Sure it will be uncomfortable, but he will get use to this thing being on both arms....Somebody help me here!!!! Is this not going to cause pain? do two years old really not remember the pain???
\n
\nWhat questions should my son be asking the doctors. They are all saying this is a breeze of a surgury... according to the paperwork they sent, these things will be on his arm for anywhere from a month, up to a year.. Give me some pros and cons here folks... Give me some reasons why he should not have this surgury at this age. and let me explain, grandson can use his hands, not his thumb as much, but working on that... he can eat, he can color, he can pick a penny up off the floor. The only thing I have seen that he cant do, at this point, is reach his butt to wipe it when he gets potty trained. And besides that, this surgury isnt for bone lengthening, its to straighten the hand... Questions, opinions, help...something.... if you had a child with this, would you do the surgury.... and for you new folks, I have pictures of grandson already posted... search my threads for Tar syndrome.. Thanks for the help\r\n
\r\n <!-' + '- / message -' + '->\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n
\r\n <!-' + '- controls -' + '->\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n <!-' + '- / controls -' + '->\r\n
\r\n\r\n <!-' + '- message, attachments, sig -' + '->\r\n\r\n
\r\n\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- post 30753 popup menu -' + '->\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- / post 30753 popup menu -' + '->\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- / close content container -' + '->\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- / post #30753 -' + '->'; pd[30755] = '<!-' + '- post #30755 -' + '->\r\n\r\n <!-' + '- open content container -' + '->\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n <!-' + '- this is not the last post shown on the page -' + '->\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n �\r\n #2 �\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n <!-' + '- status icon and date -' + '->\r\n Old\r\n \r\n 04-09-2010, 08:23 AM\r\n \r\n \r\n <!-' + '- / status icon and date -' + '->\r\n
\r\n
\r\n <!-' + '- user info -' + '->\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
Arrowwind09\'s Avatar\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n Arrowwind09\r\n Arrowwind09 is offline\r\n\r\n\r\n
\r\n\r\n
Standing at the Portal
\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n Posts: 6,554\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n
Arrowwind09 has a spectacular aura aboutArrowwind09 has a spectacular aura about
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n <!-' + '- message, attachments, sig -' + '->\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n <!-' + '- icon and title -' + '->\r\n
\r\n \r\nDefault\r\n\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n <!-' + '- / icon and title -' + '->\r\n \r\n\r\n <!-' + '- message -' + '->\r\n
\r\n \r\n I am really unsure on this one because I do not know the procedure nor its rate of effectiveness but I will venture this...
\n
\nFirst of all the child will experience pain if it is painful. Being young does not disqualify you from pain. Will he remember it? Surely as much as anyone else remembers pain. Will he tolerate it well? Children often have a capacity to tolerate and endure pain that is superior to adults, in my opinion, as a pediatric nurse for so long. It is not that they have less pain, but they often do not approach things with as much fear or trepidation that overshadows their experience.
\n
\nIs he going to a Shriner\'s Hospital?
\n
\nThey have gotten very good at some of these corrective procedures over the last 10 years or so.. Sometimes doing these procedures when young provides a better outcome than when older, as the body will continue to grow minus the alignment difficulties in the joint. I would think that for the childs psychological welfare being able to wipe his own butt will be priceless by the age of 5.
\n
\nI have a friend who has a leg that was shorter than the other, significantly shorter. It was a real problem. The family decided to have the longer leg shortened to match.
\nToday he has just become a physician in orthopedics....so you never know how things are perceived or processed by the mind in a child.\r\n
\r\n <!-' + '- / message -' + '->\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n <!-' + '- sig -' + '->\r\n
\r\n __________________
\r\n
"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." Marcus Aurelius
\r\n
\r\n <!-' + '- / sig -' + '->\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n
\r\n <!-' + '- controls -' + '->\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n <!-' + '- / controls -' + '->\r\n
\r\n\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- post 30755 popup menu -' + '->\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- / post 30755 popup menu -' + '->\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- / close content container -' + '->\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- / post #30755 -' + '->'; pd[30787] = '<!-' + '- post #30787 -' + '->\r\n\r\n <!-' + '- open content container -' + '->\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n <!-' + '- this is not the last post shown on the page -' + '->\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n �\r\n #3 �\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n <!-' + '- status icon and date -' + '->\r\n Old\r\n \r\n 04-09-2010, 11:25 PM\r\n \r\n \r\n <!-' + '- / status icon and date -' + '->\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n Burnell\r\n Burnell is offline\r\n\r\n\r\n
\r\n\r\n
Observer
\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n Posts: 5\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n
Burnell is on a distinguished road
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n My wife is a surgical tech, when she wakes up tomorrow I\'ll see what she thinks for you and try and report back!\r\n
\r\n <!-' + '- / message -' + '->\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n
\r\n\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- post 30787 popup menu -' + '->\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- / post 30787 popup menu -' + '->\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- / close content container -' + '->\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- / post #30787 -' + '->'; pd[164642] = '<!-' + '- post #164642 -' + '->\r\n\r\n <!-' + '- open content container -' + '->\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n �\r\n #4 �\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n <!-' + '- status icon and date -' + '->\r\n Old\r\n \r\n 04-10-2010, 03:09 PM\r\n \r\n \r\n <!-' + '- / status icon and date -' + '->\r\n
\r\n
kind2creatures\'s Avatar\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n kind2creatures\r\n kind2creatures is offline\r\n\r\n\r\n
\r\n\r\n
...elusive dreamer
\r\n
Wiki Editor
\r\n\r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n Posts: 5,582\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
kind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nice
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
Quote:
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n Originally Posted by just me\r\n View Post\r\n
\r\n
.. Questions, opinions, help...something.... if you had a child with this, would you do the surgury.... and for you new folks, I have pictures of grandson already posted... search my threads for Tar syndrome.. Thanks for the help
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
Just me, I don\'t blame you for being upset. Of course it will cause the baby pain, but sometimes it\'s worth the surgery to correct the condition. I know nothing about Tar Syndrome or the surgery, but if I come across anything that may help, I\'ll post it. Had trouble finding the thread with search, so I posted the link for others.
\n
\nhttps://www.natmedtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1965\r\n
\r\n <!-' + '- / message -' + '->\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n
\r\n\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- post 164642 popup menu -' + '->\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- / post 164642 popup menu -' + '->\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- / close content container -' + '->\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- / post #164642 -' + '->'; pd[164645] = '<!-' + '- post #164645 -' + '->\r\n\r\n <!-' + '- open content container -' + '->\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n �\r\n #5 �\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n <!-' + '- status icon and date -' + '->\r\n Old\r\n \r\n 04-10-2010, 05:18 PM\r\n \r\n \r\n <!-' + '- / status icon and date -' + '->\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n just me\r\n just me is offline\r\n\r\n\r\n
\r\n\r\n
Lecturer
\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n Thanks everyone for the info... We are all on new ground also... Tar syndrome doesnt happen very often, so its not like there is a wealth of information out there... I discovered the album section, so have posted three pictures in an album.. After the surguries and he comes home, i will post more... These pictures are from aug 09. He has done a bit of growing since then, but not much.
\n
\nSo after much discussion, mom and dad have decided to do one arm at a time... Taking into consideration that doing both arms, would hinder learning, eating, playing, walkng, and just being a normal kid... Things will be rough with one arm, but doable... doing both, they have decided, might be too much for not only grandson, but them and grandmom too. And that way, also, if they deem that the surgury is not worthwhile and wont really help him in the long run, then they dont have to do the other arm..... Will keep you updated as best I can, I think its gonna be a long couple of months\r\n
\r\n\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- post 164645 popup menu -' + '->\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- / post 164645 popup menu -' + '->\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- / close content container -' + '->\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- / post #164645 -' + '->'; pd[164646] = '<!-' + '- post #164646 -' + '->\r\n\r\n <!-' + '- open content container -' + '->\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n �\r\n #6 �\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n <!-' + '- status icon and date -' + '->\r\n Old\r\n \r\n 04-10-2010, 05:28 PM\r\n \r\n \r\n <!-' + '- / status icon and date -' + '->\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n\r\n
Lecturer
\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n Has this album option been here for awhile??? How did I miss this!!!! I love it! It was easy to upload pictures!! Thanks Kevin\r\n
\r\n\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- post 164646 popup menu -' + '->\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- / post 164646 popup menu -' + '->\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- / close content container -' + '->\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- / post #164646 -' + '->'; pd[164647] = '<!-' + '- post #164647 -' + '->\r\n\r\n <!-' + '- open content container -' + '->\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n �\r\n #7 �\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n <!-' + '- status icon and date -' + '->\r\n Old\r\n \r\n 04-10-2010, 05:40 PM\r\n \r\n \r\n <!-' + '- / status icon and date -' + '->\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
...elusive dreamer
\r\n
Wiki Editor
\r\n\r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
kind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nice
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n Justme, your Grandson is very cute! I wish the best for him. Doing one arm at a time seems like a good plan. Let us know how he\'s doing, and you take care yourself too. Positive thoughts being sent your way...\r\n
\r\n\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- post 164647 popup menu -' + '->\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- / post 164647 popup menu -' + '->\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- / close content container -' + '->\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- / post #164647 -' + '->'; pd[164809] = '<!-' + '- post #164809 -' + '->\r\n\r\n <!-' + '- open content container -' + '->\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n �\r\n #8 �\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n <!-' + '- status icon and date -' + '->\r\n Old\r\n \r\n 04-14-2010, 07:34 PM\r\n \r\n \r\n <!-' + '- / status icon and date -' + '->\r\n
\r\n
athletic dept\'s Avatar\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n athletic dept\r\n athletic dept is offline\r\n\r\n\r\n
\r\n\r\n
Guide
\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n Posts: 343\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n
athletic dept will become famous soon enough
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n I would not trust the doctors who say surgeries are a piece of cake. Doctors can and do make mistakes. Also hospitals are not a safe place to be. He is almost guaranteed to acquire an infection like staph and it will be extremely hard to get rid of.
\nI sent the boy some energy. He will probably not need the surgery now.\r\n
\r\n\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- post 164809 popup menu -' + '->\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- / post 164809 popup menu -' + '->\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- / close content container -' + '->\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- / post #164809 -' + '->'; pd[164909] = '<!-' + '- post #164909 -' + '->\r\n\r\n <!-' + '- open content container -' + '->\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n �\r\n #9 �\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n <!-' + '- status icon and date -' + '->\r\n Old\r\n \r\n 04-16-2010, 12:50 PM\r\n \r\n \r\n <!-' + '- / status icon and date -' + '->\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n\r\n
Lecturer
\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n He\'s home He\'s home He\'s home!!!! Grandson had surgury Tuesday, was admitted Monday morning... had a transfusion becuase his platlette count was only 40 thou and they wanted it at 50 or above... but thats ok... They wheeled him back (well ok, dad carried him most of the way) about ten thirtish, and he was back in his room between noon and one, so not too bad. He slept alot, when he first woke up, I think he was more scared then hurting... He didnt understand what was going on... but he gradually calmed down, slept most of the day... and by the next morning was up walking around... They had planned on keeping him until sunday, but everything seems to be moving better then normal, so he was released this morning!!! I missed my grandbaby!!! Anyhow, I posted pictures of the trip... pictures of the new hardware, and a description as best i know of what happened...Maybe these pictures will help someone in the future, to know what they are looking at.. if folks would share more information, we might not have been so concerned.... Dont get me wrong, Im still not liking the idea of doing the surguries, but not near as bad as we expected\r\n
\r\n\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- post 164909 popup menu -' + '->\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- / post 164909 popup menu -' + '->\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- / close content container -' + '->\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- / post #164909 -' + '->'; pd[164911] = '<!-' + '- post #164911 -' + '->\r\n\r\n <!-' + '- open content container -' + '->\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n �\r\n #10 �\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n <!-' + '- status icon and date -' + '->\r\n Old\r\n \r\n 04-16-2010, 12:58 PM\r\n \r\n \r\n <!-' + '- / status icon and date -' + '->\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n\r\n
Lecturer
\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n So here is a silly thought, question, wondering... In everything that has happened with Bryson, we keep seeing that he is recouping/healing faster then nomal tar syndrome babies.... Normally these babies have to have periodic blood transfusion for a year to 18 months old. Grandson leveled out at 6 months. skin problems are also normal in tar syndrome babies, but we figured out the probiotic thing and that made a big difference, but it still flares up if we dont keep up with the probiotic, or if he gets lots of sugar. And now with the surgury, the doctor said, that the surgury didnt take as long as normal, because he seemed to have alot more play in his wrist then most tar syndrome babies. And then they send him home two days early because he is adjusting faster.....Could all of these differences be because we use the raw goats milk instead of any other baby formula??? he has been on raw goats milk since about two maybe three months old..Could it have really made that much of a difference???\r\n
\r\n\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- post 164911 popup menu -' + '->\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- / post 164911 popup menu -' + '->\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- / close content container -' + '->\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- / post #164911 -' + '->'; pd[164915] = '<!-' + '- post #164915 -' + '->\r\n\r\n <!-' + '- open content container -' + '->\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n �\r\n #11 �\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n <!-' + '- status icon and date -' + '->\r\n Old\r\n \r\n 04-16-2010, 01:14 PM\r\n \r\n \r\n <!-' + '- / status icon and date -' + '->\r\n
\r\n
athletic dept\'s Avatar\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n athletic dept\r\n athletic dept is offline\r\n\r\n\r\n
\r\n\r\n
Guide
\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n Posts: 343\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n
athletic dept will become famous soon enough
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n He\'s recuperating faster because of the energy I sent him.\r\n
\r\n\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- post 164915 popup menu -' + '->\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- / post 164915 popup menu -' + '->\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- / close content container -' + '->\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- / post #164915 -' + '->'; pd[164922] = '<!-' + '- post #164922 -' + '->\r\n\r\n <!-' + '- open content container -' + '->\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n �\r\n #12 �\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n <!-' + '- status icon and date -' + '->\r\n Old\r\n \r\n 04-16-2010, 02:40 PM\r\n \r\n \r\n <!-' + '- / status icon and date -' + '->\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
...elusive dreamer
\r\n
Wiki Editor
\r\n\r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n Just me, I\'m happy to hear he\'s doing so well. I took a look at your photos, thanks for sharing his story and keeping all of us updated. Give him a big hug for me! \r\n
\r\n\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- post 164922 popup menu -' + '->\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- / post 164922 popup menu -' + '->\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- / close content container -' + '->\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- / post #164922 -' + '->'; pd[165311] = '<!-' + '- post #165311 -' + '->\r\n\r\n <!-' + '- open content container -' + '->\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n �\r\n #13 �\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n <!-' + '- status icon and date -' + '->\r\n Old\r\n \r\n 04-22-2010, 08:57 PM\r\n \r\n \r\n <!-' + '- / status icon and date -' + '->\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n Barrett\r\n Barrett is offline\r\n\r\n\r\n
\r\n\r\n
Observer
\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n Posts: 1\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n
Barrett is on a distinguished road
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n what question should I ask my health insurnace co. regarding the delivery expenses before I pay the hospital?\r\n
\r\n\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- post 165311 popup menu -' + '->\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- / post 165311 popup menu -' + '->\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- / close content container -' + '->\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- / post #165311 -' + '->'; pd[202844] = '<!-' + '- post #202844 -' + '->\r\n\r\n <!-' + '- open content container -' + '->\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n �\r\n #14 �\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n <!-' + '- status icon and date -' + '->\r\n Old\r\n \r\n 08-09-2012, 10:49 AM\r\n \r\n \r\n <!-' + '- / status icon and date -' + '->\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n WANDA\r\n WANDA is offline\r\n\r\n\r\n
\r\n\r\n
Observer
\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n Posts: 1\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n
WANDA is on a distinguished road
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
Quote:
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n Originally Posted by just me\r\n View Post\r\n
\r\n
My grandson is schedualed to go into surgury in a week or so, to have a monolateral fixator attached to his arms in order to stretch the tendons, to prepare for a rod to be placed inside, so that his hands will be straight. My opinion, is that they are jumping into this too quickly.. The doctors are saying that because the child is two, he wont remember the pain and that he will bounce back quickly..Sure it will be uncomfortable, but he will get use to this thing being on both arms....Somebody help me here!!!! Is this not going to cause pain? do two years old really not remember the pain???
\n
\nWhat questions should my son be asking the doctors. They are all saying this is a breeze of a surgury... according to the paperwork they sent, these things will be on his arm for anywhere from a month, up to a year.. Give me some pros and cons here folks... Give me some reasons why he should not have this surgury at this age. and let me explain, grandson can use his hands, not his thumb as much, but working on that... he can eat, he can color, he can pick a penny up off the floor. The only thing I have seen that he cant do, at this point, is reach his butt to wipe it when he gets potty trained. And besides that, this surgury isnt for bone lengthening, its to straighten the hand... Questions, opinions, help...something.... if you had a child with this, would you do the surgury.... and for you new folks, I have pictures of grandson already posted... search my threads for Tar syndrome.. Thanks for the help
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
My dughter is going to have a cesarean because her baby probably has Tar Syndrome, in the sonogram the radius are not visible or maybe partially formed in both hands. Where can go to see the photos of your grandson and how is he doing after surgery. i need some advise because this will be the same in my grandson.\r\n
\r\n\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- post 202844 popup menu -' + '->\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- / post 202844 popup menu -' + '->\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- / close content container -' + '->\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- / post #202844 -' + '->'; pd[202855] = '<!-' + '- post #202855 -' + '->\r\n\r\n <!-' + '- open content container -' + '->\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n �\r\n #15 �\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n <!-' + '- status icon and date -' + '->\r\n Old\r\n \r\n 08-09-2012, 06:19 PM\r\n \r\n \r\n <!-' + '- / status icon and date -' + '->\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
...elusive dreamer
\r\n
Wiki Editor
\r\n\r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
Quote:
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n Originally Posted by WANDA\r\n View Post\r\n
\r\n
My dughter is going to have a cesarean because her baby probably has Tar Syndrome, in the sonogram the radius are not visible or maybe partially formed in both hands. Where can go to see the photos of your grandson and how is he doing after surgery. i need some advise because this will be the same in my grandson.
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
Wishing the best for your daughter and her baby. Here are Justme\'s photo albums...https://www.natmedtalk.com/album.php?u=257\r\n
\r\n\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- post 202855 popup menu -' + '->\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- / post 202855 popup menu -' + '->\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- / close content container -' + '->\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- / post #202855 -' + '->'; pd[212936] = '<!-' + '- post #212936 -' + '->\r\n\r\n <!-' + '- open content container -' + '->\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n �\r\n #16 �\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n <!-' + '- status icon and date -' + '->\r\n Old\r\n \r\n 05-14-2013, 04:55 AM\r\n \r\n \r\n <!-' + '- / status icon and date -' + '->\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n countrylove\r\n countrylove is offline\r\n\r\n\r\n
\r\n\r\n
Observer
\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n Posts: 2\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n
countrylove is on a distinguished road
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n Hi..I am new to this site. I see this thread is old...I dont know how to post my own thread. I have some questions about Tar syndrome\r\n
\r\n\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- post 212936 popup menu -' + '->\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- / post 212936 popup menu -' + '->\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- / close content container -' + '->\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- / post #212936 -' + '->'; pd[212944] = '<!-' + '- post #212944 -' + '->\r\n\r\n <!-' + '- open content container -' + '->\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n �\r\n #17 �\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n <!-' + '- status icon and date -' + '->\r\n Old\r\n \r\n 05-14-2013, 08:59 AM\r\n \r\n \r\n <!-' + '- / status icon and date -' + '->\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
...elusive dreamer
\r\n
Wiki Editor
\r\n\r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
Quote:
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n Originally Posted by countrylove\r\n View Post\r\n
\r\n
Hi..I am new to this site. I see this thread is old...I dont know how to post my own thread. I have some questions about Tar syndrome
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
I see you were able to post your own thread on the subject, I hope you get the information you seek. You can find answers to many forum-related questions in our Forum Support forum. Also, welcome! \r\n
\r\n <!-' + '- / message -' + '->\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n
\r\n\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- post 212944 popup menu -' + '->\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- / post 212944 popup menu -' + '->\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- / close content container -' + '->\r\n\r\n<!-' + '- / post #212944 -' + '->'; // next/previous post info pn[30753] = "212944,30755"; pn[0] = ",30753"; pn[30755] = "30753,30787"; pn[30787] = "30755,164642"; pn[164642] = "30787,164645"; pn[164645] = "164642,164646"; pn[164646] = "164645,164647"; pn[164647] = "164646,164809"; pn[164809] = "164647,164909"; pn[164909] = "164809,164911"; pn[164911] = "164909,164915"; pn[164915] = "164911,164922"; pn[164922] = "164915,165311"; pn[165311] = "164922,202844"; pn[202844] = "165311,202855"; pn[202855] = "202844,212936"; pn[212936] = "202855,212944"; pn[212944] = "212936,30753"; // cached usernames pu[0] = guestphrase; pu[257] = "just me"; pu[493] = "Arrowwind09"; pu[2693] = "Burnell"; pu[1087] = "kind2creatures"; pu[2530] = "athletic dept"; pu[9660] = "Barrett"; pu[16732] = "WANDA"; pu[18154] = "countrylove"; // -->
Prev Previous PostNext Post Next
� #1
Old 04-09-2010, 07:48 AM
Lecturer
Default What questions to ask? (Tar Syndrome surgery)

My grandson is schedualed to go into surgury in a week or so, to have a monolateral fixator attached to his arms in order to stretch the tendons, to prepare for a rod to be placed inside, so that his hands will be straight. My opinion, is that they are jumping into this too quickly.. The doctors are saying that because the child is two, he wont remember the pain and that he will bounce back quickly..Sure it will be uncomfortable, but he will get use to this thing being on both arms....Somebody help me here!!!! Is this not going to cause pain? do two years old really not remember the pain???

What questions should my son be asking the doctors. They are all saying this is a breeze of a surgury... according to the paperwork they sent, these things will be on his arm for anywhere from a month, up to a year.. Give me some pros and cons here folks... Give me some reasons why he should not have this surgury at this age. and let me explain, grandson can use his hands, not his thumb as much, but working on that... he can eat, he can color, he can pick a penny up off the floor. The only thing I have seen that he cant do, at this point, is reach his butt to wipe it when he gets potty trained. And besides that, this surgury isnt for bone lengthening, its to straighten the hand... Questions, opinions, help...something.... if you had a child with this, would you do the surgury.... and for you new folks, I have pictures of grandson already posted... search my threads for Tar syndrome.. Thanks for the help
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.