Wiki Editor
Matrix has a spectacular aura aboutMatrix has a spectacular aura about

Very inspirational.
� #4
Old 11-07-2008, 06:32 PM
Observer
daisycolors65 is on a distinguished road
Wink

Now with tears in my eyes of happiness and both sadness. WOW!!!
How are we going to finish? That YouTube is something we need to keep in the forefront of our minds for encouragement.
Thanks for that Judie.
Kevin and pinballdoctor you are both right.
� #5
Old 11-07-2008, 09:36 PM
Lecturer
just me is on a distinguished road

Judy, thank you for posting that.... My grandson that was born with tar syndrome will one day see that video... I am sure that him growing up with deformed arms, and possibly other problems that we dont see yet, he will most likely see some depressing days....this video and others like it will be near to remind him that he is a very fortunate person, and that God can and will use him for some mighty things. It is so very frustrating as a grandparent to see him struggle learning the normal baby things, but him having to learn them in his own way, sometimes it seems cruel to watch him struggle... Turning one year old last month, he is finally learning how to put himself into a standing position.. and in the video, when you saw the man using his head to help him stand, it reminded me of my grandson... he uses his head to push himself up the side of the playpen.. He uses his feet alot more then what I can remember my children or other grandchildren did, and he has learned his own way how to grab hold of the toys or item that he wants...It will be a struggle, but I believe that with mentors like the man in this video, that the grandson will exceed with great joy, and with a passion for life.... At twelve months old, he loves music already, and will stop whatever he is doing to listen to music... it will be interesting to see what God has planned for him!! Thanks again for the video, we are adding it to our self esteem arsenal
� #6
Old 11-07-2008, 09:48 PM
Reader
Judie777 is on a distinguished road
Default Your Grandson

I am so sorry that your grandbaby has to struggle with such an issue. And your family as well. Its such a blessing that we are given the amazing capabilities to cope and survive with deformaties such as these. This video is an inspiration to each of us and really opens our eyes to the true meaning of life. We often forget how fortunate we are from day to day. I think every child, teenager and adult should see this video. It would be a much better place in which to live.
I'll be thinking of your grandbaby today. I'm expecting my first one in April and all I ask is that its healthy. In todays world with all of the poisons we ingest & breathe everyday its almost asking for a miracle to expect healthy babies anymore. I hope for the best for yours and mine.
Thanks for your post.
Judie
� #7
Old 11-13-2008, 06:47 PM
Observer

I am sorry to say that the youtube video has been removed. I tried to show it to someone last night. I think it was a music copyright problem.
� #8
Old 11-13-2008, 08:25 PM
Lecturer

here is another one for ya of the same man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DxlJWJ_WfA
� #9
Old 11-14-2008, 09:00 PM
Observer

Thank you again. Everyone would have to be touched by these videos!
� #10
Old 11-15-2008, 11:17 AM
Lecturer
pinballdoctor is on a distinguished road

There is no way in Hell that I would enter a swimming pool if I had no limbs.

This guy just "jumps" right in.

Amazing!
� #11
Old 10-07-2009, 07:52 PM
Lecturer

Kevin, is there a way to either keep this page as a sticky, or maybe is there a tool, where you can put favorite threads in your profile.... I keep going back to this video to share with others, and i always end up taking ten minutes just to find it!!! Are we capable of somehow marking favorite threads so that we can find them easily??? thanks
� #12
Old 10-07-2009, 08:35 PM
Admin
Wiki Editor
Matrix has a spectacular aura aboutMatrix has a spectacular aura about

Never thought of that, I think you can achieve this by managing subscribed threads. If you participate in a thread, you subscribe to it automatically, but you can also subscribe to a thread manually with 'Thread Tools-> Subscribe to this thread'. You can create a new folder and move your favorite threads into it.

I always use Google Search to search threads, usually I can easily find them if I remember one or two words. Take this thread as an example, search 'complaining', this thread is the first result.
� #13
Old 10-07-2009, 08:42 PM
Lecturer

Thanks Kevin for the idea, I will give it a try.... I have tried searching for it before, but I could never remember the man's name, and all i could remember is that dont worry be happy song that he did on the first video.... I have a friend whos young daughter is dealing with severe dyslexia... the other evening mom was feeling pretty miserable about what would become of her daughter, and hopefully this video will help mom understand that all disabilities are able to be overcame in some way!
� #14
Old 10-09-2009, 04:54 AM
Lecturer
EarlyBird is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Truly amazing is not only his attitude but also what he manages to do.
Thank you for the link to the videos!
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.