Go Back Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Women's Health

� #1
Old 06-14-2013, 09:38 AM
Observer
Sunshine7 is on a distinguished road
Question Spotting after ovulation - Vitex Chasteberry or Maca?

Hello there!

I just turned 30 years old and about 5 months ago I've been regularly spotting dark brown color blood right after my ovulation and it goes all the way until my period comes. My period, ovulation and spotting are very regular. I have only one week, (that is when I am ovulating) with no bleeding at all during the whole month. It's very annoying. Today I went to see the doctor (ob gyn) and she did an ultrasound and said everything seems normal and she doesn't see anything wrong. She believes it is hormone imbalance and prescribed me to go on Estradiol 1MG (estrogen) for 7 days, if it doesn't stop maybe consider taking birth control. However I also believe is hormone imbalance, I am not sure if I want to take more hormones (estrogen) since we don't really know what exactly is causing the hormonal imbalace. I don't want to take birth control, and I plan to get pregnant next year.
Well, I've read a lot about Vitex Chasteberry and Maca for hormone imbalance problems. Does anybody take it? Which one would be better? Both? Is anybody using estroblock?
I really appreciate all the information you can share.
Thank you!
� #2
Old 06-16-2013, 03:58 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor
kind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nice

I've used Red Clover before successfully for menopausal symptoms, and I believe it raises estrogen levels and helps regulate hormones. Another thing may be soy products. I don't know about Chasteberry or Maca.

https://www.natmedtalk.com/wiki/Red_Clover

https://www.natmedtalk.com/showthread.php?t=25236
� #3
Old 06-17-2013, 07:38 AM
Observer
Sunshine7 is on a distinguished road

Thank you so much for replying. I will definitely do some research on Red Clove. I wonder if my problem is not lack of estrogen, taking more estrogen would mess up my hormones even more.
� #4
Old 06-17-2013, 08:52 AM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor
kind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nice

I don't think the results would be too extreme with natural products like Red clover or Soy. It may be okay just to try one of them for a couple of months, and see how things go. Good luck, and welcome to the forum!

Tags
estrogen, hormones, maca, spotting, vitex
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.