Go Back Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Dentistry

� #1
Old 08-08-2012, 02:05 PM
Reader
Audi is on a distinguished road
Default abscessed tooth

I had been taking xylitol as part of my dental hygiene and have now developed an abscess on a tooth , I don't know if there is a connection there or just coincidental
I have been on antibiotics for four days now and most of the swelling and pain are gone but not completely, I do have a dental appointment in a few days in the mean time the antibiotics are making me feel weak and given me diarrhea
is there anything else I can do besides mouth washes and salt water ?
� #2
Old 08-09-2012, 06:14 AM
Observing cool stuff
happy2bhere will become famous soon enoughhappy2bhere will become famous soon enough

I have something going on as well - #30-31(?) I believe- bottom back. Can barely get floss between the two amalgams. Gets stuck and shreds. So there is def something going on. There is some pain but NO swelling/redness that would indicate infection. I feel it is something to do with crowding, for lack of a better explanation.

I was placing a drop or two of Oil of Oregano and letting it sit for a minute - but be careful for if you miss and get on gum tissue - OUCH! I also take a drink of water, hold in my mouth - add TWO MORE drops of OOO, and swallow down.

I def feel pressure there. I have NO dentist at present - looking for one that takes digital pics for in the event the tooth is infected it will need to come out. Oh, Sorry - didn't mean to take over this thread. I feel your pain and hope it resolves soon!!

(After flossing, I rinse with hydrogen peroxide for I fear germs)

As for those anti-biotics - perhaps a good probiotic - goat yogurt/raw kefir - PLAIN, eliminate SUGAR completely from your diet for awhile - water, water, water will help with the tummy issues. I stopped antibiotics in 97-ish. Doc kept prescribing for sinus infection and I kept getting sicker and sicker (digestive). Get well soon!
� #3
Old 08-18-2012, 06:21 AM
Reader

thanks for reply, I was thinking of using oil of oregano but it would be impossible to not get it on my gums and wondered if there would be a reaction if I ingested it as I am on another lot of antibiotics the xrays showed infection in the root canal
and have been referred to dental hospital ,just waiting to hear from them now
I might be in for a nightmare ride with this
� #4
Old 08-19-2012, 10:06 AM
Lecturer
liverock is just really niceliverock is just really niceliverock is just really niceliverock is just really niceliverock is just really nice

Some Oil of Cloves on cotton wool next to the tooth will probably work better than Oil of Oregano.

https://www.livestrong.com/article/50...h-pain-cloves/
� #5
Old 08-19-2012, 10:13 AM
Observing cool stuff
happy2bhere will become famous soon enoughhappy2bhere will become famous soon enough

I don't believe there is reaction for ingesting oil of oregano while on antibiotics. I DO hope you are replacing the FRIENDLY bacteria BACK into your digestive system now that the antibiotics are killing them ALL.

A good probiotic. We take Dr. Ohhira's. For we can take them with us w/o the fridge.

When I placed the drop on my tooth I could feel a minor stinging. It was tolerable. I did this twice a day for three days and the pain is gone. It is more like pressure, now. There is NO redness or swelling for me.

I have come to the conclusion - depending on which tooth it is - I will have it PULLED. Even then infection can STILL happen with regular dentistry. You must eliminate the infection as best as you can while maintaining GOOD digestive health.

NO ALCOHOLIC DRINKS AT ALL, is what I have heard for people with abscess. NONE. Not wine, beer, etc. Clean filtered water. Anti-fungals like Oil of oregano...add it to your water and drink it down. Caprylic acid from COCONUTS are GREAT and do not interfere with antibiotics. DIET and BEER/WINE WILL INTERFERE with antibiotics for sure!

Build up your immunity. Look into OZONE/oxygen. Good luck to you!

ETA--Yes, try clove oil-but each takes time. Neither is immediate, quite like LONG TERM antibiotic use for really stubborn infections. Maybe both? NOT at the same time. GARLIC was once called Russian Penicillin.
� #6
Old 08-20-2012, 04:38 AM
Reader

just finished the second lot of antibiotics ,I was warned not to have any alcohol with this (metronide) as it would make me violently ill and I didn't but it has still left me feeling dizzy and weak, hopefully it will pass
I hate to think what damage antibiotics do to ones system

I have started taking probiotics and am doing 'oil pulling' with oregano oil mixed with coconut oil ,it makes me feel better for awhile and there is no pain

I was reading that the infection from an abscessed tooth can spread to the jaw bone ,it can be painless but if there is pressure there then the infection is still there
� #7
Old 08-22-2012, 09:14 AM
Observing cool stuff

ooooh, those antibiotics are something aren't they? Are they not mycotoxins? Fungal derivatives? That totally destroy the balance of bad/good intestinal flora?

Isn't alcoholic beverage a mycotoxin as well?

I hope you heal quickly - prayers and healing vibes sent your way!!
� #8
Old 08-22-2012, 12:30 PM
Reader

thank you for kind words, I am so much better now no dizziness or weakness or pain
I assume the infection is cured, but am wary after having read it can lie dormant for awhile only to return

I have no idea about mycotoxins but haven't had any gut problems still going to take probiotics in a big way
� #9
Old 08-23-2012, 09:43 AM
Observing cool stuff

That may be true for just about anything (lay dormant) - just keep your immunity strong? Diet is very important. Perhaps some of the old stand bys for supplementing like selenium (brazil nuts?), magnesium *milk of or oil?, iodine *kelp?, VIT C - there is lyposomal, amla, ascorbic acid, a good vit b complex, vit D3, your fish oils every day, a good probiotic and throw in some herbal teas.

Good to hear things have improved - hope it stays that way!!
� #10
Old 10-12-2012, 10:31 PM
Reader

had the infected tooth removed two days ago and am back on antibiotics
now I have a sore throat and sneezing to add to my misery,I'm sure the antibiotics are reducing my immunity but I have to take them to ensure the infection goes away
between the anti biotics,salt water gargles ,and pain killers it should in theory clear up, am wondering if using colloidal silver as a mouth wash
is a good idea or can it hurry up the healing process on an open wound?

Tags
abscess, tooth
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.