� #1
Old 01-21-2012, 12:24 PM
Guide
jbo is on a distinguished road
Default wife is pregnant

My wife is a few weeks pregnant and she went to see her doctor and he was recommending the flu shot, but I've mostly, avoided the flu shots and I can only remember getting the flu once in my life.

any feedback?

� #2
Old 01-21-2012, 01:13 PM
Enlightener
mommysunshine is on a distinguished road

Congrats Jbo!!!!!!!

If you want mercury in your fetus then take the shot.

Do not fall into their scare tactics to take the vaccines. Even in the hospital after delivery they will try to update your wife on any of her previous vaccines. Kindly decline because aluminum and other harmful preservatives will be in her colostrum and breastmilk.

Start getting all the books you can on vaccines now. A good start is "The Vaccine Guide" by Randall Neudstadter OMD.

Food allergies, autism, asthma, immune system dysfunction are several health issues that have been linked to vaccines.

Look into VAERS and NICU.
� #3
Old 01-21-2012, 03:41 PM
Enlightener
knightofalbion will become famous soon enough

Congratulations jbo!

Re the question: On the one hand this came up on the BBC News website a while back
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-15357218
This is why he is offering it to her.

On the other hand, I'm no fan of the flu jab, agree totally with the previous respondent, wouldn't dream of having one myself, plus the flu season is nearly over.

Is there any swine flu about where you are? (There's nothing here.) If there isn't, no reason why you shouldn't tell the doctor you're "thinking about it" to stall him...
Alas, women cannot take a lot of herbal products when pregnant, so it does reduce her options...
� #4
Old 01-21-2012, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator
kind2creatures will become famous soon enoughkind2creatures will become famous soon enough

Jbo, congratulations! The doctors ALWAYS recommend flu and other shots, that's what they do. I used to get them years ago before I knew what when into them, but I refuse them now, and I haven't gotten the flu either. Sometimes it's uncomfortable to be pressured by doctors or nurses to agree to a shot while in the office, but it is your body, and your choice. I advise to JUST SAY NO! Here's a past thread about vaccines...https://www.natmedtalk.com/f69/23199-...-evidence.html

NatMedTalk and Beyond
� #5
Old 01-21-2012, 04:13 PM
Lecturer
saved1986 will become famous soon enoughsaved1986 will become famous soon enough

hey, congrats I would nix the flu shot and have her walk outside in shorts and shiort sleeves. You guys are in FL, get Vit D naturally. Make sure she gets a good fish oil capsule a couple times a week.

Also, I do not know if this means anything, it could just be coincidence. But I have a student in my class who dies her hair jet vampire black and I said to her "you like goth music, she said she loved it and knew all the goth and techno/punk type music. I said to her, I enjoy it, but I am twice your age and have travelled. How did you get into it. She replied when her mom was pregnant, she was dating some guy who played that music all the time. make sure you guys do not listen to junk music for the next 9 months.

Also, if you can afford an extra 10 bucks a week, your wife should have organic as much as possible, but especially dairy and chicken.
� #6
Old 01-21-2012, 05:58 PM
Enlightener
mommysunshine is on a distinguished road

A Nat Med Baby. How exciting and lucky you are.

Saved is right. Get in the sun for your vit. D and take omega 3 oils for your baby's brain. It's brain food. Eggs are a wonderfully nourishing food for a growing fetus too. Those in Japan who can afford it will eat up to 9 eggs a day while pregnant.
� #7
Old 01-21-2012, 08:56 PM
Lecturer
saved1986 will become famous soon enoughsaved1986 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommysunshine View Post
A Nat Med Baby. How exciting and lucky you are.

Saved is right. Get in the sun for your vit. D and take omega 3 oils for your baby's brain. It's brain food. Eggs are a wonderfully nourishing food for a growing fetus too. Those in Japan who can afford it will eat up to 9 eggs a day while pregnant.
Good point! greek thing: get some egglands best or organic eggs, whip them up with some feta and onions and fry up in olive oil.
� #8
Old 01-22-2012, 03:58 AM
Reader
Thrasymachus is on a distinguished road

Vaccines are based on manipulated research, bad science and mostly monetary interests. The decrease in disease attributed to them really came about because of improvements in hygiene, sanitation and a better water supply. There is also a link between vaccines and lots of conditions like autism.

Gary Null interviews lots of experts that demolish the myths about vaccines being safe or effective, there are lots of old Podcasts out there. If you take a vaccine for the flu, you are actually more likely to get sick from the vaccine. I never was vaccinated for the flu in over 20 years, nor did I came down with it.
� #9
Old 01-22-2012, 05:50 AM
Lecturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasymachus View Post
Vaccines are based on manipulated research, bad science and mostly monetary interests. The decrease in disease attributed to them really came about because of improvements in hygiene, sanitation and a better water supply. There is also a link between vaccines and lots of conditions like autism.

Gary Null interviews lots of experts that demolish the myths about vaccines being safe or effective, there are lots of old Podcasts out there. If you take a vaccine for the flu, you are actually more likely to get sick from the vaccine. I never was vaccinated for the flu in over 20 years, nor did I came down with it.

I never took a flu vaccine, ever. I would like to check out Equador and Brazil sometime and you have to have immunizations for that.
� #10
Old 01-22-2012, 06:22 AM
Reader
Thrasymachus is on a distinguished road

There are possible ways to get around that. I remember once a caller asking Gary that they don't believe in vaccines but need them for their kid's schooling, so he advised them to see a naturopathic doctor and they can often help you get around that somehow. Cannot remember exactly as for me that info was not particularly relevant.
� #11
Old 01-22-2012, 08:04 AM
Comfortably Content
Cookie will become famous soon enoughCookie will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbo View Post
My wife is a few weeks pregnant and she went to see her doctor and he was recommending the flu shot, but I've mostly, avoided the flu shots and I can only remember getting the flu once in my life.

any feedback?
Congratulations!
My physician recommended the flu shot both times I was pregnant, but I didn't get it.
Plenty of rest, liquids, proper nutrition, good hand washing practices & squirts of saline nasal spray to clean out those germs in the nose morning & night was what I did. Never caught the flu when I was pregnant although I was in contact with many coworkers & clients who had it~

Reply Bookmark and Share