Go Back Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Skin Health

� #16
Old 08-03-2012, 11:18 PM
perpetual student
jfh is just really nicejfh is just really nicejfh is just really nicejfh is just really nicejfh is just really nice

You are a bigger risk taker than I. That can be seen by your lifestyle. Egg is a bacteria medium. Just put it in a petri dish and get a microscope. Honey is not. I would choose honey. Reminds me of college days. I've used peanut butter in a petri dish as a growing medium.

"We all love ourselves more than other people, but care more about their opinion than our own." - Emperor Marcus Aurelius
� #17
Old 08-03-2012, 11:48 PM
Enlightener
truestorytotell is on a distinguished road

hehehe...i guess that risk taking is whats gotten me in this situation/s...

Anyway as far as burning treatments dont get it twisted i do agree with you about using honey or aloe vera being better then egg white, i just didnt have any aloe or honey(to my suprise) at work, so i sat on the net and read about garlic and egg, garlic i couldnt mentally accept it i mean that stuff burns without a burn, haha get it? so i used an egg and i must say as far as the pain goes, it was the perfect thing to get the pain away...

And i just used the egg white to get me through the last 3-4 hours at work, i need the money and didnt want to ask to leave earlier, soon as i got home i continued aloe, then vit e and now ive been using just honey, and will keep using honey untill its all healed up...
� #18
Old 02-27-2013, 10:37 AM
Observer
Roadturn is on a distinguished road

Aloe is always my burn therapy of choice. It is amazing. Just be sure of the species. Some work much better than others. Some are toxic.
� #19
Old 02-06-2014, 12:08 PM
Observer
JodyS is on a distinguished road

Next time try using SUPER PAV on it.. it is the best thing for burns I have EVER used! The best prices are at the ESTHealth website. What's nice about it is that it is an anti-bacterial, anti-fungal salve made from Tree Resin, Food Grade Petrolatum, and Olive Oil. If you want an all organic version, there is one there also called PAB. It is made from Tree Resin, Olive Oil and Organic Beeswax. Hope this helps.
� #20
Old 02-27-2014, 07:23 PM
Guide
revzen will become famous soon enoughrevzen will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to revzen

My wife badly scalded herself a few days ago when blending soup which had been on a high heat for a couple of hours. She immersed her arm in cold water and then gently dried her arm, I then dusted her arm with food grade bicarb, and then applied a sprinkling of Slippery Elm Powder.

After the bicarb was applied the stinging and pain began to subside. The arm was fiery red and we feared the worst - blistering. But we were pleasantly surprised when after 90 minutes the fiery redness had totally vanished! No blisters either! And no sign of the awful accident which almost saw my wife pass out!

The Slippery Elm Powder can also be added to milk to make a paste which can then be applied to the affected areas, but our approach was to sprinkle the powder and it worked!

Hope this may be of help.

Tags
aloe vera, blister, burn, vitamin e
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.