Weight Loss Tips

jbo

I've grown up lifting weights and my entire life I worked out at home, gyms, school..etc
Personally I agree have to agree with Ted that you need to find something that you enjoy and change it up. I really enjoy lifting weights, but it's because I lift for a certain body part one day a week. For instance Monday I might do chest and triceps, Tuesday may be back and biceps..etc So only once a week do I do the same exercise.

Each day of the week I'm doing something different, which keeps me from getting bored or repeative, since it's once a week the same exercise, not the same every single day.

I used to run a few miles every day, but again I would slowly get sick of running and loose motivation, because it wasn't fun for me.
I personally work out 5 days a week, but only lift 3 days a week, so I do cardio 2 days a week, which for my two days of cardio I do the eleptical machine one day and then run the other day. So 5 days a week it's something different, which keeps me from getting too bored.

I live in a warm climate, which we're in the 70's right now and I walk my dog every day for 25 minutes, which at least for me I really don't care for it. Walking, running or doing 100% the same activity gets me bored really quick. It's why if you can swim one day, play some sports like soccer, basketball one day or just change it up each day I think is the trick to sticking with it.

chrissysnook

Well thank you everyone. I went back to the gym and felt better. I've been off quite a bit lately because I have been sick with the flu and colds and such but also joined a slow pitch team this year so i can get some more exercise! Thanks for being there for me I appreciate it!

chrissysnook

[FONT=garamond,serif]I wanted to share a link with you if interested. It's a limited time promotion that has an offer I'm going to scoop up. It's around a book I've been meaning to purchase (Full: A Life Without Dieting) and today when you purchase it you get something like over $200 worth of free goodies. I'm going to do this for sure! Here's the link : thefullbook.com/amazonpromotion.html [/FONT]
[FONT=garamond,serif]Gotta love freebee's! Enjoy![/FONT]

chrissysnook

I Did it and can't wait to read Michael Snyders book.
I've realized diets don't work. And maybe just I don't work well with diets but I want more help to find out what I can do to stop the diets and just eat healthy forever!
I think I've finally realized this is always going to be a work in progress.
But at least I have the tools I need (not to mention freebees!)
:lol:

Ted_Hutchinson

I Did it and can't wait to read Michael Snyders book.
I've realized diets don't work. And maybe just I don't work well with diets but I want more help to find out what I can do to stop the diets and just eat healthy forever!
I think I've finally realized this is always going to be a work in progress.
But at least I have the tools I need (not to mention freebees!)
:lol:
However there are many people like me who have managed to lose a lot of weight and have not regained that weight without having to fight a constant battle.
No one NEEDS to sign up for an expensive book or program.
The answers to what causes us to eat excess calories and become lethargic are fully understood.
Removing from our diets those foods that increase appetite and raise our inflammatory status and alter our gut bacteria is the simplest option.
No one needs to eat refined carbohydrates, sugar, fructose, HFCS, or pro inflammatory industrial seed oils. These are the foods that are making us sick and cause us to be hungry all the time and prevent our body burning the stored fat.
If you watch this video
How to cure Type 2 diabetes you will also understand how better to lose weight safely and for the long term.

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Original Poster
Wise words from Ted! I don't do diets, I just know what things to stay away from, or at least limit, and I know for a fact that the better I eat, the better I feel, both physically and mentally.