The Thundercloud Has Joined

Kelly Thundercloud

Hi my name is Kelly (something else) but call me Kelly Thundercloud!! It has been my nickname for years and it will become my stage name when I become a professional singer.

I Googled for a forum on this topic and I found this one. It seems nice so far, although I have not read a whole lot. I joined it because I am dead serious about natural remedies! I mean, I go to extremes that you wouldn't think anyone could dream of...so please excuse me if I rattle your opinions a bit. I'm not a threat, just a friendly nature girl who has some weird beliefs.

I am 22 years old. I live in the cheesy, beef-full state of Wisconsin. I'm a real hick in a hick town and I LOVE the woods :)) I work in assisted living as an activities director. I love the job, but I have bigger dreams in view.

Thanks for taking the time to read about me!!

Rock on!

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
You will find many here are extreme when it comes to alterntive health. Some of us have literally done it all, so you likely found the right place. Welcome.

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Staff member
Welcome to the forum Kelly, and best of luck in your career! :welcome:

Kelly Thundercloud

Original Poster
Wisconsin...most of the stereotypes are true too :D

It's cold
We get a lot of snow
We eat a lot of cheese curds
Brats are found anywhere and everywhere
Cranberries are everywhere
The majority of the state is farmland, but a lot is woods too
We do tend to be hicks and sportsmen, even a lot of people in Milwaukee like to hunt and fish
You really won't find anybody who is seriously afraid of breaking a nail
We really do walk around with jackets and shorts
We can walk around in 50 degrees with no coat and when it's 80 everybody is sweating and complaining of heat
If you don't know how to shovel snow or work a snowblower, you're screwed!
Nothing closes unless there is 7 inches of snow or more, it usually takes 10
We DO get 4 seasons...almost winter, winter, still winter and road construction

I go down to Scottsdale AZ for about a week every winter and stay with my aunt. When I go hiking here, I just wear whatever as long as it's not overly fancy...and I wear tennis shoes or even flip flops on occasion. In Scottsdale, I went hiking with my aunt and her friend. I wore a tank top, regular shorts and tennis shoes. They...and everyone else on the trail wore expensive exercise clothes, headphones and some even had those heart rate things! I was like WHOA! My aunt breaks a nail and she glues it back together. If my aunt's friend gets the hiccups in public, she runs to the bathroom. If I get hiccups in public, I laugh out loud.
Nothing wrong with either behavior, just difference in culture.

knightofalbion

Wisconsin...most of the stereotypes are true too :D

It's cold
We get a lot of snow
We eat a lot of cheese curds
Brats are found anywhere and everywhere
Cranberries are everywhere
The majority of the state is farmland, but a lot is woods too
We do tend to be hicks and sportsmen, even a lot of people in Milwaukee like to hunt and fish
You really won't find anybody who is seriously afraid of breaking a nail
We really do walk around with jackets and shorts
We can walk around in 50 degrees with no coat and when it's 80 everybody is sweating and complaining of heat
If you don't know how to shovel snow or work a snowblower, you're screwed!
Nothing closes unless there is 7 inches of snow or more, it usually takes 10
We DO get 4 seasons...almost winter, winter, still winter and road construction

I go down to Scottsdale AZ for about a week every winter and stay with my aunt. When I go hiking here, I just wear whatever as long as it's not overly fancy...and I wear tennis shoes or even flip flops on occasion. In Scottsdale, I went hiking with my aunt and her friend. I wore a tank top, regular shorts and tennis shoes. They...and everyone else on the trail wore expensive exercise clothes, headphones and some even had those heart rate things! I was like WHOA! My aunt breaks a nail and she glues it back together. If my aunt's friend gets the hiccups in public, she runs to the bathroom. If I get hiccups in public, I laugh out loud.
Nothing wrong with either behavior, just difference in culture.
Wisconsin as a holiday destination...you're not really selling it!!! :)

Good luck with your music career, Kelly. I hope you find your dream.

Kelly Thundercloud

Original Poster
Well...if you like snow, you're really in for a treat! We actually do have all four seasons...but sometimes it feels like winter most of the time. We do get really nice weather though. This summer has been teriffic and September is one of the nicest months. We get all the awesome colors in October too, especially the northwoods....OH if you want me to sell WI then I will sell the northwoods!!!!! It is simply breathtaking up there. My family has a cabin on a lake in the northwoods that we go to several times throughout the year.

saved1986

In seaerch of spicy food
Lived in minneapolis (twice: once for 18 months and once for 2 yrs, never again). I thought MN was a screwed up place and the people have annoying accents. The only positive on WI I will say is WI people are genuinely nice as opposed to minnesotoans who think MN is God's country. Welcome to the board and yes: I do love deep fried cheese curds.

Kelly Thundercloud

Original Poster
Do we have annoying accents too LOL???

Our taxes are through the roof, but Wisconsin and upper Michigan are really the only two places I can see myself living in permanently.