Store reading glasses

hopeful

I always use store bought readers and I wanted to know if it's ok for my eyes. So many people I know are not happy with their expensive prescription glasses. I'm old and my sight is getting worse but I don't want to go to an eye doctor and keep getting stronger prescriptions that cost a lot of money.

I had my eyes checked around 5yrs ago and they said they were ok except for beginning of macula degeneration but it was not a problem yet

jfh

perpetual student
I have reading glasses sitting in at least 3 places around the house. I of course use them for reading books. But I also use them for my laptop and my tablet and my smartphone. I don't use them for anything else, because I feel like my eyes would get used to them so much that they would be a crutch.

I find this very helpful. http://www.wikihow.com/Exercise-Your-Eyes

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
I use reading glasses too, along with my husband. We've been using the 1.75 strength for years, but a year ago I bought a pair of 2.0 strength to use when my eyes are strained. Sometimes on the computer I switch back and forth, depending if I'm reading articles.

My problem is I'm over-using them, have to have them to go to the store and use them just to read the packages (not ingredients), there were times I bought items that I didn't want, something sweetened instead of unsweetened for example, but if I saw the box clearly, that mistake wouldn't have happened.

hopeful

Original Poster
I have reading glasses sitting in at least 3 places around the house. I of course use them for reading books. But I also use them for my laptop and my tablet and my smartphone. I don't use them for anything else, because I feel like my eyes would get used to them so much that they would be a crutch.

I find this very helpful. http://www.wikihow.com/Exercise-Your-Eyes
I'm lazy about exercise but I'll take a look at you link, thanks.