Nutribiotic Grapefruit Seed Extract

RaspberryNurse

A few years ago, I was taking Nutribiotic grapefruit seed extract daily and I never got sick. For financial reasons, I unfortunately had to give it up but a few months ago, I returned to buying it. I noticed the taste was pretty different than before. Originally, it was overwhelmingly bitter. Now it had a sour, tangy taste. It wasn't just one bottle - it's every bottle I've bought since. That wouldn't bother me at all but I've still been susceptible to the colds and flus going around. Does anyone know whether Nutribiotic did something that weakened their original grapefruit seed extract?

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
I don't know, the bottle I have is old, been on my shelf for a long time, just use it now and then. I hope they didn't change anything, I liked it just the way it was. Maybe on their website it would say if they changed the formula.

RaspberryNurse

Original Poster
Actually, I just did a little research and it seemed some other customers expressed similar concerns. Nutribiotic responded:

"We have not changed the formula of our GSE sold in the US, however, we have changed our GSE supplier. A benefit of the newer supply is that is has an improved taste over the old supply. The product still contains the same amount of grapefruit seed extract and the potency is the same. The old supplier for our GSE had not provided us with the proper paperwork to continue to be a dietary supplement and comply with GMP (good manufacturing practices) guidelines, so we changed the GSE supplier so the product could remain a dietary supplement. For your information, we do guarantee our products 100% and anytime that you are not completely satisfied with our products, you may return them to where you bought them for a full refund, credit, or replacement. In turn, we are happy to credit the store for the product."

So, taking their word for it, it seems like it's still just as potent as ever.