Macular Degenertion Reversed!

Marcus

Last weekend I attended a seminar given by Dr Shallenberger from Carson City, Nevada. It covered the topics of utra violet blood therapy, ozone therapy and prolotherapy with ozone injection.

http://www.antiagingmedicine.com/

I thought it really worth mentioning to this group that he has documented case studies on the reversal of macular degeneration with the use of ozone. Positive effects are not only backed up by positive patient response as in that they can see again, but also with the eye exam called the Humphry Gray Scale, a computerized picutre of the retina. He recomends his patients to have the test done before treatment and after to moniter progress and to document results.

bifrost99

Beloved Mentor
Just goes to show that sunlight (UV) is not bad, and that even "toxins" (ozone) can be good in the right doses.

I wonder about ozone, though. Wouldn't have oxygen worked just as well? Ozone just breaks down into oxygen anyway. So why not just use oxygen?

Gerry

Marcus

Original Poster
Anything can be toxic in the wrong dosage, the wrong place etc. In general pure ozone is not toxic to the body. There are some restrictions on inhaling ozone and it may be worse for some people than others due to the poor condtions of their lungs with lots of stored toxins in them. COPD can be reversed with ozone that is applied in the correct way.

Ozone will interact with hydrogen double bonds in a very different way than oxygen. Oxygen does not have near the same in ability to heal, kill anerobic bacteria, viruses. Ozone will also stimulate enzyme processes to function that have not been working well and this is really the key to the amazing results it can bring. It can shift a poorly functioning krebs cycle into normal function hence correcting cellular respiration problems, and renewing the intercellular formation of ATP for energy. In other words it wakes up the mirochondria and gets them going, which is essential for life. It can also help shift the cellular metabolism from burning glucose to burnig fat.

bifrost99

Beloved Mentor
Arrowwind said:
Ozone will interact with hydrogen double bonds in a very different way than oxygen.
I don't know if you're using the terms loosely, but I don't think hydrogen can form any double bond, having only one electron. As for ozone reaction, I could imagine that the free radical oxygen will form HO instead of H2O. HO being half of HOHO or hydrogen peroxide (H202).

Oxygen does not have near the same in ability to heal, kill anerobic bacteria, viruses.
I assume you're comparing it to ozone. Did you see any reference for this? Were there tests done comparing the two? For one, I know oxygen will kill anaerobic bacteria.

Besides, isn't ozone unstable, releasing almost immediately an oxygen free radical and leaving behind an oxygen molecule (composed of 2 oxygen atoms)? In this regard, the action of the oxygen radical is not different from the oxygen free radical released from hydrogen peroxide.

I'm not questioning the effectivity, just wondering if ozone itself has to be used. Like, how easy is it to get ozone? I know it's a product in some machines like photocopiers.

Ozone will also stimulate enzyme processes to function that have not been working well and this is really the key to the amazing results it can bring. It can shift a poorly functioning krebs cycle into normal function hence correcting cellular respiration problems, and renewing the intercellular formation of ATP for energy. In other words it wakes up the mirochondria and gets them going, which is essential for life. It can also help shift the cellular metabolism from burning glucose to burnig fat.
These latter things mentioned are all functions of oxygen. Oxygen is at the end of the electron transport (respiratory) chain. They do not rely on ozone itself, but probably from the oxygen provided by the ozone.

It would be interesting to see studies comparing ozone with oxygen, or maybe, even with hydrogen peroxide. The benefits you mention have also been claimed for hyperbaric oxygen therapy, as well as qigong (which has breathing as an important aspect of practice), so I suspect that the mechanisms may be along the same line.

My point really is that ozone is unnatural, or at least quite rare (chase thunderstorms). We might be able to derive the same benefits with more available resources like atmospheric oxygen (make sure we keep breathing fully) and/or hydrogen peroxide.

Just wondering. :roll:

Gerry

Donee

Gerry,

I know you are big on breathing, so please answer a question I have:

When you breath in, then out the oxygen ration is less coming out than it was going in. How would this be improved/influenced by the hold phase if the hold phase varies in time?

Marcus

Original Poster
Dr Shallenberger says that ozone will create effects oxygen cannot. I am not sure if they fully understand why. Hyperbaric does do some good effect to wound healing and other disease processes but access to a chamber is almost impossible for most people. A full ozone set up can be had for 3,000 to 7,000 depending on what you want. Not much to pay for durable equipement for a life altering therapy

Ozone systems can be personally owned and used. It is self evident that instillation of oxygen does not do what ozone does. Since oxygen is so common and readily available we would all know about it and there would be no need for the 6 thousand ozone clinics around the world.

There have been many research studies and clinical studies on ozone. If you look around you will find them. The best may still only be in other languages but there is a fair amount in English.

I am no biochemistry expert. Some of your questions may be answered at this site. this is exactly what Dr Shallenberger says who has treated thounsands of pts with ozone:

http://www.inlightimes.com/archives/2000/12/ozone.htm

Dr Sunnan has this to say:

http://www.oxygenmedicine.com/ozoneinmedicine.html

I dont have this video tape yet but I'm thinking of getting it.

http://ozoneuniversity.com/geoffozonepay.htm

bifrost99

Beloved Mentor
Donee said:
When you breath in, then out the oxygen ration is less coming out than it was going in. How would this be improved/influenced by the hold phase if the hold phase varies in time?
Any improvement is only up to a certain point of equilibrium: concentration in lung air equals concentration in blood. Once this equilibrium is reached, holding the breath longer will not improve gas exchange (for both oxygen and carbon dioxide).

When is this equilibrium reached? I really would not know. Gas exchange occurs in both inhalation and exhalation, as well as during any holding done. Things will also depend on the initial concentrations of the gases in both sides of the exchange (affected by physical activity, disease, atmospheric pressure and conditions, etc.). Then there's heart rate, affecting blood flow rate (and thus, gas exchange) through the lung tissue.

I would think that for gas exchange, "improvement" will be accomplished more from increasing the number of full breaths one takes rather than on increasing the hold phase. However, in breathing arts which espouse breath holding, like Yoga's pranayama, gas exchange is only part of the supposed benefits derived. "Balance" of the autonomic nervous system (sympathetic/parasympathetic) is also enhanced because the phases of breathing are associated with this system.

I'm no expert here. Just passing on what I've learned, which, so far, seems acceptable.

Gerry

bifrost99

Beloved Mentor
Thanks for the links. :D

Arrowwind said:
A full ozone set up can be had for 3,000 to 7,000 depending on what you want. Not much to pay for durable equipement for a life altering therapy

Ozone systems can be personally owned and used.
Are you referring to those machines sold as air purifiers/deodorizers? One of the links describes a unit used with pure oxygen being the source of gas instead of room air.

It is self evident that instillation of oxygen does not do what ozone does. Since oxygen is so common and readily available we would all know about it and there would be no need for the 6 thousand ozone clinics around the world.
Of the 13 major effects listed in one link, all except 5, 6, 7 and 13 are functions of oxygen. 5, 6, 7 and 13 are functions of oxidants which can be be seen with hydrogen peroxide, as well as similar substances like hypochlorite (bleach).

It sure would be interesting to compare ozone side by side with hydrogen peroxide (for 5, 6, 7, 13) and oxygen (for the rest of the effects).

Anyway, we could and should make do with what we have available. :wink:

11. Ozone accelerates the Citric Acid Cycle. Also known as the Kreb's Cycle or TCA Cycle, this is a very important step in the glycolisis of carbohydrate for energy. This takes place in the mitochonria of the cell. Most the energy stored in glucose (sugar) is converted in this pathway.
I already mentioned this as a function of oxygen, but I would like to add a clarification. The statement mixes up different things. Glycolysis is only the first step, breaking/splitting glucose into 2 molecules of pyruvic acid (and producing a couple of NADH molecules in the process). The next step is conversion of pyruvic acid to acetyl coenzyme A, which produces another NADH molecule and takes up oxygen indirectly. It's the acetyl coenzyme A that is taken up by the TCA cycle, where some more molecules of NADH/FADH are generated from NAD/FAD. No oxygen is involved directly up to this point. The NADH and FADH molecules generated in these three steps enter the electron transport or respiratory chain. This is where most of the energy (ATP) is generated, and where we find oxygen at the end.

So if anything, oxygen/ozone accelerates the electron transport chain, not the TCA cycle. Before the ETC, the products could go into other chemical pathways to produce energy that do not require oxygen such as the phosphogluconat and pentose phosphate pathways.

Just being technical to practice the little biochem that I learned. :wink: :lol:

Gerry

bifrost99

Beloved Mentor
Horses
•can only breathe in synch with their stride
Probably only while running. Horses still breath even when standing still. :D :lol:

But this is an interesting aspect of breathing. Qigong and most oriental martial arts have always espoused coordinating breathing with movements, both to generate power and to "protect internal organs" during a fight. It's also to enhance circulation -- exhaling pushes blood to the tissues, while inhaling takes in blood to the lungs (a physiological fact).

Another interesting thing about horses that I learned from an equine practitioner (which I'm not) -- Horses can run so fast in a race that they couldn't breathe well because the rush of wind sucks the air out. (Put your head out of a speeding vehicle and try to breathe -- its more difficult!). An additional problem for this species that loves to run. :(

Gerry

Marcus

Original Poster
Ozone does create H202 at times.

One of the most difficult problems with h202 therapy its in getting the peroxde to the place that it is needed, and without damage to normal tissues.

The multitude of routes of application of ozone is one of its greatest benefits. It can be instilled rectally where the vascular system of the colon picks it up and distributes it through the body. You can drink it in the form of ozonated water. (without nausea like when you do h202 orally) Ozone gas can be vaginally instilled and is beneficial for cervical cancer. You can take ozone saunas where the pores absorbe it. There are stories of the unusual toxic sweat that comes out. Unususal colors of sweat on white towels caused by the release of toxins. Limbs can be bagged to bath gangrene or other infections in ozone. It is highly effective against MRSA wounds. Ozonated olive oil can be applied to acne or sensitive body parts for local treatment. Ozne can be injected into the gumline to save infected teeth. Dr Shallenberger has done a lot of dental work with ozone. TMJ can be effectively treated with ozone through injections though the oral cavity to the ligaments involved. They use just the tiniest needles to inject ozone to the major sinus points on the face to treat sinus infeciton. Ozone can be inhaled to treat chronic asthma, copd and lung cancer if, and only if it is bubbled through olive oil.

Dr Shallenberger does ozone injections. I had several injections during the class. Several of them were between vertebras in my neck and at a trigger point near my scapula. So far the effects have been very good with excllent releif of chronic pain in these areas. This is a form of prolotherapy.

One medical docotor who attended the seminar had chronic lower back pain related to an injury with vertebra fracture many years ago. I noticed his limp early on in te seminar. After his injections in areas around that lunbar and sacrum he was pain free. The injections included several ingredients, will have to look it up later, but procain being one because the ozone injections themselves can be quite painful. But procaine is relatively short acting. In prolotherapy he says that results will be significantly better if ozone is used along with the other injectables traditionally used in the modality. In germany they give people IM injections of ozone to treat flu.

In my study of ozone I have heard that by blowing ozone into the ears macular degeneration can also be reversed this way. Some have reported cure of brain tumors. It treats chronic tinnitis, ear infections etc. I have tried both H202 and ozone for ear problems and have found ozone superior.

Dr Shallenberger says that ozone is only effective in cancer if you can get it to the tumor site, which is not always easy. He says that palpable tumors may respond well becasue you can inject the oozne around the tumor.

I am not talking about ozonators for room air, when it comes to equipment. See these websites.

This is the equipment that Shallenberger uses.
http://www.ozonegenerator.com/Main/ozone_gen.htm

Other good equipment is found at:
www.plasmafire.com