• Due to lack of activities, this forum is set to be closed at the end of this month (Aug 31), the forum has been set to read-only mode. Thanks for all your support over the years!

Hello from Kentucky!

ruckusluvr

Hi everyone! My name is Amanda. I came here to hopefully better myself. I am living a pretty toxic lifestyle of bingeing on sweets, caffine, fried foods, and eating out of boredom or even excitement/happiness!

I am a dog groomer and I adore my job. We use all natural, earth freindly products :) I am also married to a wonderful man. my childhood sweet heart at that. I have been with him since we were 13! we are now 23 and 25!

We have two dogs. They are shetland sheepdogs. Despite my horrible eating habits these dogs eat natural, healthy food! naturally preserved, no by products, no sugars, etc. I noticed, most of the food i eat i would not even dream on giving my dogs. There names are Ruckus and Lynn.

I have loads of questions that i will be posting because i am VERY new to trying to be a healthy human. I have no idea what i am doing :p

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Hi everyone! My name is Amanda. I came here to hopefully better myself. I am living a pretty toxic lifestyle of bingeing on sweets, caffine, fried foods, and eating out of boredom or even excitement/happiness!
Hi Ruckusluvr, welcome to the forum! :welcome:
Glad you've joined us here! I'm like you, have 2 furkids that we groom ourselves, but honestly wouldn't want to do it for a living.:lol: Easier to hold back on sweets and fats for them, then it is for ourselves sometimes. There's lots of good information and advice here from some knowledgeable folks, get comfortable and make yourself at home!

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
Glad to have you here. Sounds like you are really wanting some change.
You need to love yourself at least equally as your pets for in how you love yourself will reflect into all you do and you and everyone around you will benefit.

You can learn a lot on this forum. Take your time and be kind to yourself.
Your attitudes, beliefs and addicitons can change over time. It up to you to create the you you want to see and it is good that you are willing to look at some of this stuff that is hurting you while you are still young, before long term permanent damage is done.

Harry Hirsute

Welcome to the forum, Amanda! :)

Trust that you can change your ways. I used binge eat as well. Now it's only a part of my past. If I can accomplish that, you can too. Believe it!

Matrix

Admin
Welcome aboard, Amanda. I hope you enjoy your stay here and more importantly, start a healthier life style. I need to make changes as much as you do, but you are much younger. With some healthier meals and exercise, you will feel different very soon.

EarlyBird

Kentucky?

Hi Amanda; welcome to our forum. I'm glad to know there's another Kentuckian on board.
Where in Ky do you live? I live in Northern Ky, in the Erlanger/Elsmere area.