Getting rid of Dandruff

truestorytotell

I'm trying to get rid of dandruff... here's what I did until now (started 1 month ago).

Cut my hair short
Stopped using gel
Stopped using shampoo

This is getting rid of things that can cause it (especially the gel)

My diet is quite good at the moment, and generally I avoid plastic, no alcohol, no cannabis or other drugs, etc... (started around 5 months ago)

I just took a shower, then I run my fingers through my hair and dandruff falls from it...

I guess what's left is to use some natural remedy to get rid of this.

Any suggestions?

pinballdoctor

I'm trying to get rid of dandruff... here's what I did until now (started 1 month ago).

Cut my hair short
Stopped using gel
Stopped using shampoo

This is getting rid of things that can cause it (especially the gel)

My diet is quite good at the moment, and generally I avoid plastic, no alcohol, no cannabis or other drugs, etc... (started around 5 months ago)

I just took a shower, then I run my fingers through my hair and dandruff falls from it...

I guess what's left is to use some natural remedy to get rid of this.

Any suggestions?
Dandruff is caused by a yeast infection. This has been known for several years now. If you look at the active ingredient in dandruff shampoos, you will see they contain zinc, selenium, or other ingredient which controls yeast. I say controls because it treats your scalp but not the origional yeast problem.

You could either use a dandruff shampoo and massage your scalp on a daily basis, or you could use a stronger yeast killer such as tea tree oil, or colloidal silver, and get the sugar out of your diet, since simple carbs feed the yeast which is a type of fungus.

D Bergy

There is dandruff and there is dry scalp. Dandruff occur wherever there is hair on the body. Dry scalp is just on the head.

If you have dry scalp, which I have, taking larger amounts of Fish or Krill Oil can reduce it substantially. Found this out by accident.

Dan.

seano

The scalp, just like every other part of your body, sheds dead cells. The thing is that while you don't notice the cells from your arms or legs, you definitely notice the ones from your head. I would actually recommend recommencing with shampooing your hair (using a shampoo with zinc) because it does not allow the dead cells to build up as much. Another thing to note is that you can build up a resistance to certain active ingredients, so rotating a few different types of dandruff shampoo may give you more success. Hope this helps!

truestorytotell

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for the information, you told me a few things I didn't know.

Here's what I'll try... first...

1. Pour, Rinse, and Barely Repeat With Vinegar
Rinsing your hair with vinegar (specifically Apple Cider Vinegar or white vinegar) may sound like a dreadful idea, but it can be quite an effective way to treat dandruff because it actually addresses the root of the problem (pun very much intended.) Put simply, dandruff is the result of skins cells maturing and dying too fast, building up, and causing irritation. Vinegar will get rid of the unwanted skin that would flake off into dandruff, and it won’t clog up your pores or cause more. An overgrowth of fungus can also cause dandruff, and vinegar acts like a fungicide. Using it is straightforward, simple, and is probably easier on your hair than some shampoos out there. Just don’t wash with it before a business meeting in a stuffy room-the biggest downfall is that your hair will smell like vinegar until you shower again (but it does go away.)

You will need…
-1/2 cup warm water
-1/2 cup ACV or white vinegar
-A cup

Directions
Mix together the warm water and vinegar in a cup. The total amount may be varied to be more or less depending on how much hair you have. Pour the mixture over your hair, scrub it around gently for several minutes, and then rinse it thoroughly with water (only water!) Wait about 8-12 hours before taking a normal shower. Repeat once every week or two weeks, depending on how often you feel you need it.

I found it here: http://everydayroots.com/dandruff-remedies

So whether I have dry scalp or yeast, both are highly likely, the above solution seems to be something that will address both issues... In case it's yeast, then it'll at least address the symptom of a deeper problem, while I also work on solving the root cause.

I'll begin in a few days, and I'll report on my progress... I will be using white vinegar.

p.s I didn't give up shampoo Only because of dandruff, an equally strong reason I gave it up for is to stay away from the toxins found in the shampoos... I know, I can get an organic kind, but using only water is toxin-effective and cost-effective... haha... Besides, my ancestors didn't use any shampoos I believe... When we evolved into the humans we are today from the monkeys (or whatever) we were yesterday, shampoos played no part in that... so I'm thinking I'll do fine without a shampoo, at least for the time being, we'll see how it goes :)

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
I agree with DBergy, that fish oil will help dry skin anywhere on the body, including the scalp. I would also use cold-pressed, unrefined, extra virgin coconut oil, both internally and topically on the scalp.