Fluoride - KILLING Us Softly

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
See just how toxic Fluoride is, and why it really was added to our water supply. Of course public deception was key in making us love the poison for "tooth health". :evil:

These words of Dr. John Yiamouyiannis may come as a shock to you because, if you’re like most Americans, you have positive associations with fluoride.
You may envision tooth protection, strong bones, and a government that cares about your dental needs.

What you’ve probably never been told is that the fluoride added to drinking water and toothpaste is a crude industrial waste product of the aluminum and fertilizer industries, and a substance toxic enough to be used as rat poison.

How is it that Americans have learned to love an environmental hazard?

This phenomenon can be attributed to a carefully planned marketing program begun even before Grand Rapids, Michigan, became the first community to officially fluoridate its drinking water in 1945.

As a result of this ongoing campaign, nearly two-thirds of the nation has enthusiastically followed Grand Rapids’ example. But this push for fluoridation has less to do with a concern for America’s health than with industry’s penchant to expand at the expense of our nation’s well-being.

The first thing you have to understand about fluoride is that it’s the problem child of industry. Its toxicity was recognized at the beginning of the Industrial Revolution, when, in the 1850s iron and copper factories discharged it into the air and poisoned plants, animals, and people.

The problem was exacerbated in the 1920s when rapid industrial growth meant massive pollution. Medical writer Joel Griffiths explains that “it was abundantly clear to both industry and government that spectacular U.S. industrial expansion – and the economic and military power and vast profits it promised – would necessitate releasing millions of tons of waste fluoride into the environment.”

Their biggest fear was that “if serious injury to people were established, lawsuits alone could prove devastating to companies, while public outcry could force industry-wide government regulations, billions in pollution-control costs, and even mandatory changes in high-fluoride raw materials and profitable technologies.”

At first, industry could dispose of fluoride legally only in small amounts by selling it to insecticide and rat poison manufacturers.

Then a commercial outlet was devised in the 1930s when a connection was made between water supplies bearing traces of fluoride and lower rates of tooth decay.

Griffiths writes that this was not a scientific breakthrough, but rather part of a “public disinformation campaign” by the aluminum industry “to convince the public that fluoride was safe and good.” Industry’s need prompted Alcoa-funded scientist Gerald J. Cox to announce that “The present trend toward complete removal of fluoride from water may need some reversal.”

Griffiths writes:
“The big news in Cox’s announcement was that this ‘apparently worthless by-product’ had not only been proved safe (in low doses), but actually beneficial; it might reduce cavities in children.

A proposal was in the air to add fluoride to the entire nation’s drinking water. While the dose to each individual would be low, ‘fluoridation’ on a national scale would require the annual addition of hundreds of thousands of tons of fluoride to the country’s drinking water.

“Government and industry – especially Alcoa – strongly supported intentional water fluoridation… [it] made possible a master public relations stroke – one that could keep scientists and the public off fluoride’s case for years to come.

If the leaders of dentistry, medicine, and public health could be persuaded to endorse fluoride in the public’s drinking water, proclaiming to the nation that there was a ‘wide margin of safety,’ how were they going to turn around later and say industry’s fluoride pollution was dangerous?

“As for the public, if fluoride could be introduced as a health enhancing substance that should be added to the environment for the children’s sake, those opposing it would look like quacks and lunatics….

Full article here: http://www.globalresearch.ca/fluoride-killing-us-softly/5360397

larryz

Thanks. So true. And if people would also see how animals are, um, processed to make their favorite burger... Open your eyes everyone :)

Ajax

Currently most of the fluoride that goes in our drinking water comes from China. It's illegal in China to bury, store large quantities of, or (omg) put it in drinking water. Chinese foundries have to export it because it would be illegal to keep such a dangerous poison for any length of time. So stupid Americans drink it.

happy2bhere

Observing cool stuff
I am so happy I triple filter my water...can only single filter shower water - but am hoping to find better alternatives. I have been trying to do away with this goofy additive for years, now.
It is such a sad situation.

oldyellr

Growing up my parents told me adding fluoride to water was a Communist plot to poison our brains. Coming from a Russian occupied country, this wasn't inconceivable. ;) But I've always been suspicious of mass medication. Where I live now has naturally occurring fluoride in the water so there's no excuse for adding any. But I don't even know if you can buy toothpaste without fluoride.

jaminhealth

Growing up my parents told me adding fluoride to water was a Communist plot to poison our brains. Coming from a Russian occupied country, this wasn't inconceivable. ;) But I've always been suspicious of mass medication. Where I live now has naturally occurring fluoride in the water so there's no excuse for adding any. But I don't even know if you can buy toothpaste without fluoride.
Who knows what the Mellons and Alcoa people were thinking back when this all started....it's said it harms our brains.

I don't know where you live, but there are many toothpastes without fluoride added...Now Foods here in the U.S. makes a nice one with Coconut Oil base and very affordable. I make my own and use the Now Foods too.

The naturally occurring is another thing but the addition of this waste product is just WRONG.

oldyellr

I use baking soda for cleaning my teeth. No fluoride, neutralizes acids and is more abrasive than the jells that replaced real toothpaste years ago.

Ruth

I'm going to try and find one at the US Amazon. It's terrible what they are getting away with putting in our toothpaste!

jaminhealth

Oh there are a multitude of TP's without fluoride, look out for the SLS too you don't want that in your toothpaste. Health food stores sell no TP's with "F".

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Original Poster

jaminhealth

Well if the impending lawsuit against the EPA is on target, we're talking August. Send out positive affirmations that Dr. Connett and son Michael sue the HAIL out of those criminals.

jaminhealth

Same goes for all teflon products, all have fluorine waste that makes up teflon. Just heard a commentary on NPR about a family in NJ that lived near a DuPont plant for years all all have thyroid disease.

I got rid of my teflon products decades ago, aluminum pots/pans too.

Rosiecont

There is a lot of scientific evidence that fluoride used to prevent tooth decay does not have any effect on human health. The use of fluoride toothpaste is completely problem-free and can effectively prevent tooth decay.

jaminhealth

I avoid it with a Passion, why the Warnings on the TP tube...if it;s so good.

I was born and raised in it in the East from the 40's and it didn't save me...my teeth and I believe it's a big cause of a bodywide arthritis I deal with.

Reactions: jfh

pinballdoctor

Fluoride is poison, period. Its not the natural fluoride that is a necessary mineral. This is completely different. Aluminum is a necessary mineral as well, so is not harmful in normal amounts.