Ever Forget Whether You Took a Vitamin or Not?

DavyKOTWF

I sure have. I'd look at my Vit C bottle and just stare at it for 30 seconds...did I take that this morning or not??? :confused:
So I came up with this system. I line all the bottles up and once I take that one, I'll push it back on the shelf. If it's a bottle I take twice a day, I'll keep it on the front row. Then later, while looking at the row of supplements, if it's pushed back, I know I've taken it for the day. If it's on the front row, I still need to take it.
Anyone else do this?

I'm taking 14 different supplements now and was feeling guilty, until I saw Suzanne Summers on the Oz show and she said she takes 40 a day. And Jack Lalanne took 40 to 50 a day. Heh, almost feel like a slacker now. :D

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Yes, I have, but generally I take all of them together, except for the CoQ10 and Lutein (and sometimes D3)softgel that I take separately.

jfh

perpetual student
So I came up with this system. I line all the bottles up and once I take that one, I'll push it back on the shelf. If it's a bottle I take twice a day, I'll keep it on the front row. Then later, while looking at the row of supplements, if it's pushed back, I know I've taken it for the day. If it's on the front row, I still need to take it.
Anyone else do this?
OCD much? :)

I put mine in lines. One line for my first meal (about 11am). One line for the ones I need to take twice a day. One line for my last meal (about 5:30). So, there.

I take about 15.

DavyKOTWF

Original Poster
Engineers and southerners think alike.

NurseMary

Well, glad I'm not the only one with this kind of dilemma! :)
I take so many supplements, then just tell myself I would rather take supplements as medicine.
I have tried different systems including using a pill planner, I seem to come back to lining the one's I currently use on the front of my shelf. Those I need middle of the day I put in my pocket or drop in my lunch bag...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

cleanwater32

Yeah. Taking them at the same rough times in a day can help. Now I'm just waiting for the future when the supplement bottles tell you how long since you opened it, lol.

jaminhealth

Yes, but it doesn't matter that much as I see it. Some people skip a day with all their supps...I usually don't but it's probably not a bad idea...gives the body a rest, maybe.

Lilly-bo

I sure have. I'd look at my Vit C bottle and just stare at it for 30 seconds...did I take that this morning or not??? :confused:
Anyone else do this?

I'm taking 14 different supplements now and was feeling guilty, until I saw Suzanne Summers on the Oz show and she said she takes 40 a day. And Jack Lalanne took 40 to 50 a day. Heh, almost feel like a slacker now. :D
I take a cocktail
Citrate Magnesium
BCompleax
Multivitamin
Iron
Vitamin C
All from Viridian
I take the Magnesium at night
Because I am gluten intolerant I take iron and vitamins C daily.
Like you I have to make sure I know what I am taking
So I take all the bottle out of the cupboard and put each tablet in an egg cup and put the bottle back in the cupboard.
Then I just have to swallow them and that can take hours.I do loads of work and eventually take them
Warm regards Margaret

ozzie

Margaret I take
Natures own womens multi vitamin
l-lysine apparently good for bones as well as cold sores
coq10
fish oil 3000 mg with recomended by my acupuncture dr for inflammation
I sometimes wonder if I have taken them as I take them with my breakfast.

jaminhealth

I have taken supplements for about 25 yrs and I'm at the point where some days I take off from taking them and it's no big deal to miss one or take more than one. What I don't miss is my Grape Seed Extract and have stopped taking a multi in recent months. I take a lot of separate supplements.

jfh

perpetual student
I have taken supplements for about 25 yrs and I'm at the point where some days I take off from taking them and it's no big deal to miss one or take more than one. What I don't miss is my Grape Seed Extract and have stopped taking a multi in recent months. I take a lot of separate supplements.
Me too. Kind of. I give myself a break from a multivitamin supplement once or twice a week, but I stick to my separate supplements daily. However, I recently had annual blood work for my blood pressure. This year, my GP also took a blood test for iron. That's the first one I ever had. As a guy, I make sure none of my supplements have iron. I rarely eat red meat, except for the occasional hamburger. So, I do get plant-based iron, but not much heme iron. I have the gene that marks hemochromatosis (too much iron), but only one person in my family actually has the disease. My niece, 50, has to be very careful of iron. Meanwhile, since I have never had an iron blood test, I just avoided iron most of my life. Besides, it makes me constipated. Well, my GP discovered that I have iron deficiency anemia. Really, it is very low. So, I kept looking for the possibility of supplements causing that. I discovered that grape seed extract inhibits iron use in the body. I've been taking grape seed extract for about a year. So, I stopped that. Too bad, because it significantly improved my blood pressure. I also have been taking L-Carnosine to hopefully stop and cure cataracts. The study said 500mg for 6 months. I was taking 1000. I discovered that l-carnosine chelated copper, zinc, and iron. Yikes! So, I went back to 500mg. Now, I'm newly taking desiccated liver tablets. That's a good source of heme iron, the kind that the body can use. And maybe I'll have steaks occasionally.

My GP wants me to go to a GI doctor to find out what could be causing this problem, but I'm not. I did this to myself, and I'm 70. I'll try to control it through these changes I've said. Then I'll take another iron test in 6 months. It's still possible that I have irritable bowel syndrome causing the problem. I think I've had low iron for most of my life anyway. I've had fainting spells in my youth and even recently nearly fainting and having to sit for a few minutes. Iron move oxygen around the body and into the brain, among other important things.

jaminhealth

My daughter who is 55 has been struggling with anemia for maybe 20 yrs or less, and since on the HGH homeopathic transdermal gel for going on 9 months she's had the FIRST great iron labs in years...she's like a 20 yr old kid again. She's beside herself with happiness. I believe I've made a post on the HGH homeopathic gel here so you might want to look for it.

I'm 81 and on the HGH gel into my 6 months, and don't even think of knee replacement surgery as it's helping my knee. Amazing stuff.

Reactions: jfh