Ear infection and medical establishment screwup

cyber-junkie

Inquisitor
I came down with an ear infection couple of weeks ago, inatially I used some home made collodial silver, it got a little better, kinda held it's ground but didn't go away (probably din't use it long enough) I went to my PCP (the MD is alternative and holestic) anyway, she prescribed amox-clav and Neomycin/poly/hc drops, over the next couple of days it seemed to get worse, the canal swelled shut and pain increased, the doctors office said the symptoms could get a little worse before it gets better. Another day goes by and the pain is terrible now, I cant sleep, in to much pain, my holistic MD won't prescribe lots of drugs, pain pills and xanax are just a few, anyway no pain meds so Im taking the otc ones at double recommended dose just to make it, pain was terrible. Thought I would get a 2nd opinion and went to a walk in clinic that got good reviews, say a nurse practisioner and reviewed all my info and how it has seemed to get worse but he agreeded with my PCP and said it "should" get better in a few days. I used the drop again that night and the pain shot through the roof and I thought "this should not be happening" so maybe I'm having an alergic reaction to the drops. Now my ear canal is swellon shut and Im out $400 (not made of money) and I'm worse!! Just had to share this wonderful story. Now Im back I guess to collodial silver, is there anything better to try? Would really like to get the swelling down, tried a hot water bottle, seems to help some, but makes the pain a litle more as the whole side of my head is tender.

larryz

Sorry for your bad situation. Anyway, I've used colloidal silver nose spray (Silver Wings brand) will some success. Also, Oreganol oregano oil a few drops in hot drink. Sinus infection has caused my ear to feel full and clogged. I avoid the stupid medical establishment at all costs. God luck, hang in there.

cyber-junkie

Inquisitor
Original Poster
Thanks, Im trying collodial silver, very soothing...should have just treated it with that myself, mistake no. 1 in a series of them.

larryz

Yeah. I've never heard of making silver at home. Perhaps if you got a brand name it might be more effective? Anyway, hang in there...

cyber-junkie

Inquisitor
Original Poster
I have a machine made by the silver edge, ionic silver with no starter solution required, I think it is a good one.