Don't buy from Nutriseed! (at least not vit. B12)

Annemieke

After cancer treatment twelve years ago I could not absorb vitamin B12 in the normal way. I found out myself - noone told me! - that I had to use a high-strength supplement of 1000mcg. I did that happily for years and years and it worked fine.
Eight months ago I needed some more, and as my usual brand, Lamberts, did not seem to supply them at the time, I ordered them from Nutriseed.
Bad mistake.
I am now suffering from peripheral neuropathy which is no fun at all.
I have searched the internet and discovered there are two main versions of B12: methylcobalamin and cyanocobalamin. Methyl is excellent; cyano is cheap rubbish. The Lamberts one I had before says methylcobalamin; the Nutriseed one I bought last spring, did not say anything. It took me over 14 days to get hold of them and yes, Nutriseed contains the bad, cheap version: cyanocobalamin. Which did not work.
I may never get rid of the neuropathy, such are the dangers of lack of vitamin B12.
DO NOT buy from Nutriseed, however fancy their paper packaging!

Annemieke

Original Poster
Read your link, kind2creatures, thank you so much!! I've been having the xylitol mints for a few years now, 2, sometimes 3 a day and I wonder whether that might be my trouble ..... will research!

Lilly-bo

After cancer treatment twelve years ago I could not absorb vitamin B12 in the normal way. I found out myself - noone told me! - that I had to use a high-strength supplement of 1000mcg. I did that happily for years and years and it worked fine.
Eight months ago I needed some more, and as my usual brand, Lamberts, did not seem to supply them at the time, I ordered them from Nutriseed.
Bad mistake.
I am now suffering from peripheral neuropathy which is no fun at all.
I have searched the internet and discovered there are two main versions of B12: methylcobalamin and cyanocobalamin. Methyl is excellent; cyano is cheap rubbish. The Lamberts one I had before says methylcobalamin; the Nutriseed one I bought last spring, did not say anything. It took me over 14 days to get hold of them and yes, Nutriseed contains the bad, cheap version: cyanocobalamin. Which did not work.
I may never get rid of the neuropathy, such are the dangers of lack of vitamin B12.
DO NOT buy from Nutriseed, however fancy their paper packaging!
In the UK I take B12 1000ug by Viridian its natural.I did take FSC B12 for 19 years and it was fine but Viridian are so good I have their Citrate Magnesium