� #1
Old 02-25-2015, 06:33 AM
Guide
revzen will become famous soon enoughrevzen will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to revzen
Question Allergic To Water !

My wife is allergic to water; whether she takes a bath or shower, the result is the same - she comes out with red blotches all over. Are their any natural remedies which any member knows of ?

Thanking you in advance.

Lenny
� #2
Old 02-25-2015, 10:01 AM
Lecturer
knightofalbion has a spectacular aura aboutknightofalbion has a spectacular aura aboutknightofalbion has a spectacular aura about

It sounds like water uriticaria.

https://www.freedrinkingwater.com/wat...cause-rash.htm.

It would be a good idea to contact your water provider. They may be able to recommend procedures that have helped others in a similar position.

'Where mercy, love and pity dwell. there God is dwelling too'

https://holy-lance.blogspot.com
� #3
Old 02-25-2015, 02:48 PM
Enlightener
d0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion View Post

It would be a good idea to contact your water provider. They may be able to recommend procedures that have helped others in a similar position.
That was interesting information. I had never hear of it before. Always time to learn something new.
Thanks
� #4
Old 02-25-2015, 07:03 PM
Frater Aegagrus
Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

Yes.

Not the water, but what's IN the water.
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now you begin to understand me." George Orwell
� #5
Old 02-26-2015, 07:09 AM
Guide

Quote:
an

Yes! That is what she discovered when researching this condition, and the other side effects such as a sore throat and blisters on the gums when brushing teeth.

What could the water provider do ?

Thanks.
� #6
Old 02-25-2015, 04:11 PM
Lecturer
knightofalbion has a spectacular aura aboutknightofalbion has a spectacular aura aboutknightofalbion has a spectacular aura about

Yes, we like to think our water is 'pure'. It probably is when it starts its journey from the moors, dales and uplands, and natural springs. But on the way ...

The water here originates from natural springs in woodland. In terms of purity, the water is probably as good as it gets.

The water company adds chlorine though, to 'prevent bacterial build-up'. They all do.

Many times here the amount of chlorine in the water ... You could smell it from three feet away. And it would give you heartburn if you drank it.

You can filter tap water, easy enough - though should you have to?

I see from the article it is possible to get a shower filter, though not sure if you can get this in England.
� #7
Old 02-26-2015, 04:08 PM
Lecturer

Specifically, I couldn't tell you because I've not been in that situation.

They could provide information on filter systems for drinking water and probably for bathing water too I would have thought.

What, if any, responsibility there is if their product is causing a severe allergic reaction I couldn't tell you.

The wisest counsel would be to get a medical diagnosis, then you have at least some legal basis for assistance from the water company.
One would think you would at least qualify for a discount in the bill.
� #8
Old 02-27-2015, 01:09 AM
Lecturer

There is a group on Facebook called Aquagenic Uriticaria Awareness. They might be worth contacting for advice and information.
� #9
Old 03-06-2015, 11:20 AM
Guide

Quote:
Specifically, I couldn't tell you because I've not been in that situation.

They could provide information on filter systems for drinking water and probably for bathing water too I would have thought.

What, if any, responsibility there is if their product is causing a severe allergic reaction I couldn't tell you.

The wisest counsel would be to get a medical diagnosis, then you have at least some legal basis for assistance from the water company.
One would think you would at least qualify for a discount in the bill.
Many thanks for your comments/info knightofalbion, I will be getting in touch with our water supplier. Thanks also to all the posters too. Some great info which is very much appreciated.
� #10
Old 02-27-2015, 01:12 AM
Lecturer

And I just found this on a Google search ...
https://www.healthy-house.co.uk/produ...lorine-removal
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.