Go Back Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Systems & Organs

� #1
Old 10-30-2014, 11:35 AM
Lecturer
liverock is a glorious beacon of lightliverock is a glorious beacon of lightliverock is a glorious beacon of lightliverock is a glorious beacon of lightliverock is a glorious beacon of light
Default The Dangers of Eating Late at Night

It can cause more health problems than you think.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/26/op...ht.html?src=me
� #2
Old 10-30-2014, 05:26 PM
Frater Aegagrus
Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about

Seemed like a lot card stacking to me.

Best reason to not eat before bed is most people eat a high carb diet, and insulin cycling when you enter first stages of sleep prevents your body from producing HGH.
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now you begin to understand me." George Orwell
� #3
Old 11-01-2014, 07:17 AM
Lecturer
knightofalbion has a spectacular aura aboutknightofalbion has a spectacular aura aboutknightofalbion has a spectacular aura about

I'd certainly go along with that.

As the old proverb goes
'Eat breakfast like a King, lunch like a Prince and dinner like a pauper'

The body renews itself at night, having a stomach full of food detracts it from that process.

'Where mercy, love and pity dwell. there God is dwelling too'

https://holy-lance.blogspot.com
� #4
Old 11-02-2014, 05:44 AM
perpetual student
jfh is just really nicejfh is just really nicejfh is just really nicejfh is just really nicejfh is just really nice

In the US Southeast, culture has changed. After all, who really moves to the north to retire. Not long ago, there were 3 meals. Breakfast, dinner, and supper. Breakfast was mostly eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy. Perhaps also grits or oatmeal. Something to "stick to your ribs". Dinner was the largest and longest meal. Supper was something as small a soup (soup-er = supper). The small meal was due to the farm community going to bed shortly after the sun goes down. That's early.

I find that a late night snack or a late supper gives me dreams. ...and they are not at all good. Nightmares mostly, even though I have a Native American dream catcher at the head of my bed.

"We all love ourselves more than other people, but care more about their opinion than our own." - Emperor Marcus Aurelius
� #5
Old 11-02-2014, 10:12 AM
Frater Aegagrus
Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about

Not eating three hours before bedtime is a good target. Exceptions for individuals would be protein or resistive starches. Alcohol or spicy foods are bad as thy can induce acid reflux.
� #6
Old 11-03-2014, 09:00 AM
Guide
Ajax has a spectacular aura aboutAjax has a spectacular aura about

And the magic potion to drink at bedtime to prevent acid reflux at night is ......

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...mach-acid.aspx
� #7
Old 11-03-2014, 12:10 PM
Frater Aegagrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
And the magic potion to drink at bedtime to prevent acid reflux at night is ......

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...mach-acid.aspx

Eeewwww!

It tastes horrible.
� #8
Old 01-27-2015, 06:15 AM
Inquisitor
cyber-junkie is on a distinguished road

I have hunger pains if I try to go to bed on an empty stomach and just lay there with my body saying "feed me"...any suggestions?
� #9
Old 01-27-2015, 02:14 PM
Frater Aegagrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyber-junkie View Post
I have hunger pains if I try to go to bed on an empty stomach and just lay there with my body saying "feed me"...any suggestions?

Eat something high protein, or maybe a glass of water with a few teaspoons of unmodified potato starch a few hours before bedtime.
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.