Go Back Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Bones & Muscles

� #1
Old 10-05-2014, 12:59 PM
Observer
Gen1GT will become famous soon enough
Default Degenerative Disc Disorder

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forums. I have a colleague who has degenerative disc disorder, osteo-rheumitoid arthritis, as well as pelvic and sciatica pain.

Is anyone aware of any foods or supplements that help with degenerative bone conditions such as these? I'm assuming glucosamine would be beneficial for DDD, but I'd love some feedback if you could help out. Thanks!
� #2
Old 10-06-2014, 06:48 AM
perpetual student
jfh is just really nicejfh is just really nicejfh is just really nicejfh is just really nicejfh is just really nice

It appears that Vitamin D3 would not improve osteoarthritis https://www.everydayhealth.com/osteoa...itis-3794.aspx

However, calcium can make bones stronger; so vitamin d3 would be a good supplement. It is required for the body to move calcium into the bones.

Omega 3 has been shown to help. Especially omega 3 supplements or food that contain good amounts of both EPA and DHA. https://www.drweil.com/drw/u/ART00662...treatment.html

"We all love ourselves more than other people, but care more about their opinion than our own." - Emperor Marcus Aurelius
� #3
Old 10-06-2014, 11:07 AM
Frater Aegagrus
Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about

Vitamin K2 is most crucial for adsorption of calcium.

Eliminating grains is a great way to eliminate inflammation and phytic acid, which hinders the adsorption of all minerals.

MSM is an excellent supplement for healing and reduction of inflammation, especially back pain.
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now you begin to understand me." George Orwell
� #4
Old 10-06-2014, 12:15 PM
Observer

Great, thanks guys! Goat, what's MSM?
� #5
Old 10-06-2014, 10:21 PM
Frater Aegagrus
Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about

It's actually a metabolite of DMSO, which can also be a booster for healing. I buy the Yarrow brand because its plant based and available bulk. I take it in water.

https://www.msmguide.com/
� #6
Old 10-07-2014, 06:09 AM
Enlightener
d0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura about

Tell his also to buy Knox gelatin or make bone soup. gelatin is dissolved cartilage and bone soup is a way for you to leach out the mineral and dissolve the cartilage in the bones use a little vinegar. For pain and for the need of sulfur DMSO it is like magic.
I gave some to my doctor to use in the hospital as an experiment yesterday because the pain from a disease called chikungunya here in the Dominican Republic and they have nothing but pain killers for and this relieves the pain in one minuet
� #7
Old 10-07-2014, 06:16 AM
Observer

Great info guys. What do you think of this product?

https://www.webbernaturals.com/produc...flamease/3735/
� #8
Old 10-07-2014, 07:03 AM
perpetual student
jfh is just really nicejfh is just really nicejfh is just really nicejfh is just really nicejfh is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen1GT View Post
Great info guys. What do you think of this product?

https://www.webbernaturals.com/produc...flamease/3735/
Certainly has all the right ingredients for bone/cartilage aid. Especially the boron. I keep forgetting about boron. Occasionally, I will put 1/8 teaspoon of Borax (Twenty Mule Team Borax) in a glass of water for many more benefits. https://www.earthclinic.com/remedies/borax.html

Also, the boswellia is of great benefit.

So that product seems very good. I might compare it with others at the major online dealers, such as iHerb, Swanson's, Vitacost. Might be better price. And now you know the ingredients to shop around.
� #9
Old 10-07-2014, 07:37 AM
Observer

Damn, you guys are supplement masters! LOL

jfh, that Osteo Joint Ease is about $30 CDN. I buy the kind without the MSM to help with my knee, but I was only buying it for the glucosamine, but I had no idea the other ingredients had myriad benefits! Thanks again,
� #10
Old 10-07-2014, 01:02 PM
perpetual student

Gen1GT, I forgot that you may not have the same benefits and access to USA online vendors. Shipping costs for one.
� #11
Old 10-08-2014, 02:39 PM
Enlightener
d0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura about

Here was an interesting video on regrow cartilage with stem cells [growth hormone]
I know nothing about it but it sounds interesting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTHnnPijZwM
� #12
Old 10-08-2014, 03:01 PM
Enlightener
ozzie will become famous soon enoughozzie will become famous soon enough

Hi Gen1GT I too suffer from Osteo arthritis of the hip and back and Knee,The Dr gave me a script for Celebrex,but I can assure you I wont be taking that after the bad side effects I have read about it, so will be taking ginger, and 1/4 teaspoon of Cayennne pepper in lemon drink for the pain relief.
That flamease sounds interesting though.
� #13
Old 10-08-2014, 03:07 PM
Enlightener

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie View Post
Hi Gen1GT I too suffer from Osteo arthritis of the hip and back and Knee,The Dr gave me a script for Celebrex,but I can assure you I wont be taking that after the bad side effects I have read about it, so will be taking ginger, and 1/4 teaspoon of Cayennne pepper in lemon drink for the pain relief.
That flamease sounds interesting though.
You might think of gelatin or bone soup as these can help regrow cartilage also for the pain DMSO topically works great it is MSM
� #14
Old 10-08-2014, 05:03 PM
Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0ug View Post
Here was an interesting video on regrow cartilage with stem cells [growth hormone]
I know nothing about it but it sounds interesting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTHnnPijZwM
That's pretty exciting. I think the future of healthcare could be based around stem cells.
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.