Go Back Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Colds, Flu & Fever

� #1
Old 05-22-2014, 05:32 PM
Observer
healthfreak is on a distinguished road
Default Can I stop myself from getting chicken pox naturally?

My 12 year old brother is currently sick with the chicken pox and I share the house with him. I had a mild case when I was 6 years old, but now at 18, I'm super worried I'll get it again especially since it's worse when you're older. I have a bit of a stuffy nose, sore throat ad headache. No spots yet. I really can't afford to miss 2 weeks of school because I have exams. Does anyone know of any natural preventatives? Please help?
� #2
Old 05-23-2014, 08:00 AM
Guide
Ajax will become famous soon enoughAjax will become famous soon enough

It's extremely rare for someone to get it twice. The best preventive, which is also the best preventive for any virus, is proper hand washing. There is a large public restroom where I work and I can tell you 95% of people don't know how to wash their hands properly. You need to suds up your hands for at least 20 seconds - 3 seconds won't do. You have to make sure to wash the backs of your fingers and in between your fingers. If you really don't want to catch anything, rinse and repeat is excellent advice.
� #3
Old 05-23-2014, 01:46 PM
Observer
davids111 is on a distinguished road
Default Chickenpox

Hi HF,

Dr. Thomas Levy, M.D., wrote in Curing the Incurable that the scientific evidence is that chickenpox, just like virtually any other viral disease, is both preventable and curable with vitamin C. But, in this regard, you must keep in mind what he also wrote in Primal Panacea, "The three most important considerations in effective vitamin C therapy are 'Dose, Dose, and Dose.' If you don't take enough, you won't get the desired effects. Period!...you will rarely ever fail to observe a dramatic response...IF you take a large enough dose for a long enough time."

How much is "enough?" Dr. Robert Cathcart, M.D., wrote that he did NOT see significant results in his patients UNTIL they approached Bowel Tolerance: "The clinical symptoms of...diseases and other conditions...are markedly ameliorated only as bowel tolerance dose levels (the amount that almost, but not quite, causes diarrhea) are approached." This approach is well explained in the first few paragraphs of this article: https://vitamincfoundation.org/www.or...om/titrate.htm

If you have any problem(s) with ingesting enough ascorbate, you may care to consider liposomal C [although it is much more expensive].

All just "grist for your mill," HF, and I wish you the best of success.

Sincerely,

David
� #4
Old 06-02-2014, 09:39 AM
Explorer
larryz is on a distinguished road

Chicken pox was an accepted disease decades ago. You got it for 1-2 days then had lifetime immunity. A few itchy spots. No big deal.

Now drug pushing Big Pharma has tried to convinced everyone that it's a life-threatening thing just to push dangerous vaccines.

No drugs. No worries
� #5
Old 06-02-2014, 11:07 AM
Guide
Ajax will become famous soon enoughAjax will become famous soon enough

I had chicken pox and the measles at the same time when I was less than 2 years old. It was the middle of summer, temps over 90, and my family had an apartment with no air conditioning. I obviously didn't die, but after I was school age it was always a fight NOT to get chicken pox and measles vaccines from the school doctor.
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.