Go Back Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Men's Health

� #1
Old 05-12-2014, 09:28 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor
kind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nice
Question CENEGENICS (Age "Management")-Worth the Cost, or Just Another Ripoff?

I have heard many advertisements on the radio for Cenegenics. They seem to have invested a lot of money for an extensive advertising campaign to attract new customers into their program.

They appear to be an 'age management' business, which provides medical tests, nutritional and exercise programs. They are also known to prescribe supplements, steroids and testosterone therapy at their facilities.

They are touted for giving their members new vitality through their treatments. The cost, I understand, is very expensive, almost $5,000 for initial testing, and then over an additional thousand for monthly maintenance costs.

A local radio talk show host claims to have gone to them in his late 50s, and had good results. However, the average person likely cannot afford anything like this.

There are other doctors offering testosterone treatments for men at a much lesser cost. We have a friend who used these treatments, and is now being treated for liver cancer. It may or may not have been a result of the testosterone, but nonetheless, he discontinued the shots and gels, and is now on medication for his liver cancer.

I don't think it's safe to take any steroids or hormones, synthetic or natural. But I admit I know very little about them.

What are your thoughts on this program, is it safe, worth the high cost? Do you know anyone who has joined there for treatment?

I would just like the opinion of some of our members, and do not want responses from anyone who profits from promoting or advertising for them, or works for the company. Thanks.

Cenegenics.com
� #2
Old 05-13-2014, 05:32 AM
perpetual student
jfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the rough

This reminds me of Dr. Ana Aslan's program and history of GH3. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerovital But her program did not cause any problem or side effects as does hormone replacement therapies. People were lining up for her GH3. Nobody complained. It is still available and not a controlled substance.

I would rather take growth hormones instead of testosterone or even frequent DHEA. This can't be good for the liver.

Something has happened to men in the past few decades. Or else we are just seeing more male deficiency problems due to greed of phamaceuticals. Why are so many men having erection difficulties? Survival of the species by natural selection? Why are so many men requiring testosterone supplementation? I have a friend who had a major depression. He even quit his job as a professor of one of the UC campuses. His doctor gave him testosterone treatment. Now, he is so much better. His wife says he is nearly back to normal. But he still can't tolerate the university politics, so he will stay retired.

There is massive money moving into the leading edge of the Baby Boom generation. We are going to hear of many ways to transfer this money into the hands/companies for geriatric support.

Creative solutions for desperate seniors willing to fork it over to try to stay young.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
� #3
Old 05-13-2014, 04:58 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor
kind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfh View Post
Something has happened to men in the past few decades. Or else we are just seeing more male deficiency problems due to greed of phamaceuticals. Why are so many men having erection difficulties? Survival of the species by natural selection? Why are so many men requiring testosterone supplementation?

There is massive money moving into the leading edge of the Baby Boom generation. We are going to hear of many ways to transfer this money into the hands/companies for geriatric support.

Creative solutions for desperate seniors willing to fork it over to try to stay young.
I wonder if the something that happened is just the power of suggestion by the companies that want to convince men that they are not manly enough, especially the older ones who are experiencing the normal signs of aging.

Do you think it has to do with all the hormones in the foods, dairy, meats, etc? I know that has to have an effect on every one of us, including the women.

I think that the big pharmaceutical companies see dollar signs, when they can see a profitable market in the boomer generation. Lots of people normally fear getting older, more frail and dying...the ones with money to play with, can experiment with hormones like this. Funny thing is encourage testosterone therapy for thirty-somethings too.

Quote:
Low Testosterone—An Invented Condition?

It's important to realize that all of this fake "low T" advertising is merely a PR strategy to sell an expensive treatment. In 2012, prescription testosterone gels generated over $2 billion in US sales.

Abbott Laboratories alone spent $80 million on seductive direct-to-consumer advertising for its testosterone product AndroGel that same year.

According to a survey by CMI/Compass, 63 percent of physicians polled feel that drug ads misinform patients. And truly, it's worth keeping in mind that advertising is far from realistic or even truthful in most cases.

It's about creating a perceived need where there might not be one, in order to sell a product. As reported by the New York Times:

"In the view of many physicians, [low testosterone] is in large part an invented condition...

Once a niche treatment for people suffering from hormonal deficiencies caused by medical problems like endocrine tumors or the disruptive effects of chemotherapy, the prescription gels are increasingly being sold as lifestyle products, to raise dipping levels of the male sex hormone as men age."

Many people feel so bad they're willing to take just about anything to feel better. Unfortunately, many fail to realize that that "something" probably isn't a drug treatment. Instead, flagging energy levels may be an indication that you're eating too much processed food. Perhaps you're not exercising enough, or failing to address chronic stress or lack of sleep.

Testosterone Is Widely Overprescribed

According to the Endocrine Society, which is responsible for setting the clinical guidelines for testosterone replacement therapy, testosterone should only be given to men with persistent symptoms and "unequivocally low testosterone levels," a condition known as hypogonadism.

According to a 2012 study looking at the sensitivity and specificity of total testosterone (total T) as an indicator of biochemical hypogonadism found that a total T level below 150 ng/dl is indicative of hypogonadism, while levels above 350 ng/dl excludes the condition in most cases.

Despite that, testosterone prescriptions have tripled since 2001, and men in their 40s represent the fastest-growing group of users. Only about half of men taking testosterone have an actual diagnosis of hypogonadism.

Even more curious, recent findings also indicate that 25 percent of men given a prescription for testosterone did not even have their levels tested prior to receiving a prescription, and of the remaining 75 percent, it was unclear as to how many actually had a testosterone deficiency.

In short, there appears to be an awful lot of men out there taking testosterone who probably shouldn't.

Using hormones as a "cure-all" is a risky proposition, especially if your problems are related to lifestyle opposed to an actual medical condition that severely impairs your hormone production. What most men need is really a lifestyle change, in order to optimize their body's natural secretion of testosterone and other hormones.

Full article...https://fitness.mercola.com/sites/fit...scription.aspx
� #4
Old 07-08-2014, 12:56 AM
Frater Aegagrus
Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfh View Post

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerovital

It is still available and not a controlled substance.
Is the Wiki page in error?

Quote:
In the United States, the FDA bans Gerovital H3 from interstate commerce as an unapproved drug and, since 1982, has prohibited its importation.
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now you begin to understand me." George Orwell
� #5
Old 05-13-2014, 11:31 AM
Guide
d0ug will become famous soon enoughd0ug will become famous soon enough

What are all these hormones made of? Cholesterol the same stuff that the medical association has been telling us to cut down on. I perfect way to make money. Destroy your body than come up with a solution to fix the problem. I have told friends that had erectile dysfunction to eat a lot of eggs later they come back and tell me everything is working great now.
� #6
Old 05-13-2014, 06:55 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0ug View Post
What are all these hormones made of? Cholesterol the same stuff that the medical association has been telling us to cut down on. I perfect way to make money. Destroy your body than come up with a solution to fix the problem. I have told friends that had erectile dysfunction to eat a lot of eggs later they come back and tell me everything is working great now.
Good points d0ug...

Quote:
Cholesterol, Friend Not Enemy

Cholesterol has been demonized. Yet the more it�s demonized, the more heart disease we�ve seen. Obviously, something�s wrong with the the theory.

Unfortunately, entrenched interests won�t let it go without a fight. There�s simply too much money riding on this false hypothesis. So, more and more details are discovered, resulting in more and more distinctions in so-called types of cholesterol�in spite of how obviously absurd the concept is. There is one, and only one, type of cholesterol.

This one type of cholesterol is critically important for survival. It�s required to make Vitamin D3. which is required for brain and nerve function.

Without it, you can�t form memories, so it�s no wonder that statins, which interfere with cholesterol formation, can harm memory. Cholesterol is required to form corticosteroid, testosterone, and estrogen.

We need cholesterol, and interfering with it results in devastating health effects. It should come as no surprise that statins produce so much harm.

Truly, if you value your health, you will ignore the warnings about high cholesterol levels. Unless you suffer from hypercholesterolemia, a congenital defect, the chances of having excess cholesterol are fadingly slim.

If you have a problem with lipoproteins, reducing cholesterol isn�t going to help, and taking statins, which do reduce cholesterol as they claim, could do terrible things to your health.

Just remember that cholesterol isn�t measured by blood tests. Lipoproteins are, and they aren�t cholesterol.

More here: https://healthimpactnews.com/2013/the...it-beneficial/
� #7
Old 07-07-2014, 11:45 PM
Frater Aegagrus
Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by kind2creatures View Post

1) I don't think it's safe to take any steroids or hormones, synthetic or natural.

2) But I admit I know very little about them.

1) Vitamin D is a hormone, not a vitamin. Is it safe to take?

2) Well, it seems you have a computer and internet access, get busy!

Tags
aging, cenegenics, hormones, steroids, testosterone
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.