Go Back Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Bones & Muscles

� #1
Old 05-03-2014, 06:06 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor
kind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of light
Cool Turmeric Beats Ibuprofen for Arthritic Knee Pain

Turmeric is better than Ibuprofen for arthritic knee pain relief, and is much safer to use...https://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/tur...arthritis-knee
� #2
Old 05-05-2014, 11:58 AM
Observer
davids111 is on a distinguished road

K2C,

Another good one [that I've passed onto a friend that is a "user"].

Thanks,

David
� #3
Old 05-05-2014, 12:35 PM
Enlightener
d0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura about

I think turmeric has more publish medical papers on different abilities than most other vegetable/herb/spice, and oil. It is one of the universal treatments
� #4
Old 05-05-2014, 05:03 PM
In seaerch of spicy food
saved1986 has a spectacular aura aboutsaved1986 has a spectacular aura about

I get a slight effect from turmeric extract for tendonitis. I had some Celebrex a few weeks ago. Did not work that great for me and Celebrex and turmeric inhibit the same enzyme.
� #5
Old 05-06-2014, 07:08 AM
perpetual student
jfh is just really nicejfh is just really nicejfh is just really nicejfh is just really nicejfh is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by saved1986 View Post
I get a slight effect from turmeric extract for tendonitis. I had some Celebrex a few weeks ago. Did not work that great for me and Celebrex and turmeric inhibit the same enzyme.
Celebrex is the prime example of a drug whose side effects are greater than the symptom relief. It's the one commercial which draws my attention to long lists of side effects. The commercial does not seem to play anymore, but when it did, the list of side effects took longer than the promotion. Death being one of them. And yet, they compared it to aspirin. What a ridiculous drug.

Much better to use turmeric for the antioxidant/anti-inflammatory effects and nattokinase for the aspirin like blood thinning effects. Serrapeptase is another good one to use as substitute for aspirin. Just beware that enzymes whose names end in "ase" are blood thinning agents.

"We all love ourselves more than other people, but care more about their opinion than our own." - Emperor Marcus Aurelius
� #6
Old 08-15-2014, 09:52 AM
Guide
revzen will become famous soon enoughrevzen will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to revzen

Good find ksc!

I must get back to making my own tumeric capsules!
� #7
Old 08-15-2014, 06:25 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor
kind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of light

I don't bother with capsules, just put a small spoonful in a little orange juice in the mornings, along with some Chlorella.
� #8
Old 08-16-2014, 06:09 AM
Guide
revzen will become famous soon enoughrevzen will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to revzen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kind2creatures View Post
I don't bother with capsules, just put a small spoonful in a little orange juice in the mornings, along with some Chlorella.
I like gadgets and my capsule making machine is a favorite of mine

I do however make Slippery Elm paste/drinks and also capsules too

Each to their own as the saying goes!
� #9
Old 08-16-2014, 10:21 AM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

I have trouble swallowing pills, so that makes it easier for me with some things.

Tags
arthritis, ibuprofen, knee, pain, turmeric
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.