Go Back Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Colds, Flu & Fever

� #1
Old 04-20-2014, 09:16 AM
Observer
hopeful is on a distinguished road
Default how come people are more sick when they get the flu shot?

It looks like a lot of my friends and neighbors who get the flu shot every year are more sick with colds and the flu than people who don't get the shot like me. I keep telling them the shot is making them sick, but I'm not sure maybe they just have a bad immune system.
� #2
Old 04-21-2014, 09:51 AM
Guide
d0ug will become famous soon enoughd0ug will become famous soon enough

It is probably they listen to their doctors and have a death wish.
� #3
Old 05-16-2014, 11:04 AM
Observer
MoriahKing is on a distinguished road

There are several reasons why someone might get flu-like symptoms even after they have been vaccinated against the flu.
People may be exposed to an influenza virus shortly before getting vaccinated or during the two-week period that it takes the body to gain protection after getting vaccinated. This exposure may result in a person becoming ill with flu before the vaccine begins to protect them.
People may become ill from other (non-flu) viruses that circulate during the flu season, which can also cause flu-like symptoms (such as rhinovirus).
A person may be exposed to an influenza virus that is not included in the seasonal flu vaccine. There are many different influenza viruses that circulate every year. The flu shot protects against the 3 or 4 viruses (depending on whether the flu shot is a trivalent or quadrivalent vaccine) that research suggests will be most common.
Unfortunately, some people can get infected with an influenza vaccine virus despite getting vaccinated. Protection provided by influenza vaccination can vary widely, based in part on health and age factors of the person getting vaccinated. In general, the flu vaccine works best among young healthy adults and older children. Some older people and people with certain chronic illnesses may develop less immunity after vaccination. However, even among people who tend to respond less well to vaccination, the flu vaccine can still help prevent influenza. Vaccination is particularly important for people at high risk of serious flu-related complications and for close contacts of high-risk people.
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/qa/flushot.htm
� #4
Old 05-21-2014, 09:26 AM
Explorer
larryz is on a distinguished road

The flu shot is so non-essential and dangerous, regardless of age. Don't let the oh it's best for children and elderly fool you. There are ample alternatives to strengthening an immune system.

I wouldn't recommend a flu shot to my worst enemy. Why do medical pharmacies spend millions on bombarding shoppers with "get your flu shot" billboards, posters, flyers, etc. I'm expecting someone in a syringe costume acting silly outside my Rite Aid next Fall. I swear. I wouldn't be shocked.
� #5
Old 07-09-2014, 07:03 PM
Frater Aegagrus
Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about
Talking Hooo boy!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoriahKing View Post
1)There are several reasons why someone might get flu-like symptoms even after they have been vaccinated against the flu.
2) People may be exposed to an influenza virus shortly before getting vaccinated or during the two-week period that it takes the body to gain protection after getting vaccinated.
3) This exposure may result in a person becoming ill with flu before the vaccine begins to protect them.
4) People may become ill from other (non-flu) viruses that circulate during the flu season, which can also cause flu-like symptoms (such as rhinovirus).
5) A person may be exposed to an influenza virus that is not included in the seasonal flu vaccine. There are many different influenza viruses that circulate every year. The flu shot protects against the 3 or 4 viruses (depending on whether the flu shot is a trivalent or quadrivalent vaccine) that research suggests will be most common.
6) Unfortunately, some people can get infected with an influenza vaccine virus despite getting vaccinated.
7) Protection provided by influenza vaccination can vary widely, based in part on health and age factors of the person getting vaccinated.
8) In general, the flu vaccine works best among young healthy adults and older children.
9) Some older people and people with certain chronic illnesses may develop less immunity after vaccination. However, even among people who tend to respond less well to vaccination, the flu vaccine can still help prevent influenza.
10) Vaccination is particularly important for people at high risk of serious flu-related complications and for close contacts of high-risk people.
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/qa/flushot.htm

1) First and foremost, flu shots are not effective, which you will clearly state as we dissect the propaganda you have posted.

2) Doesn't explain why the control group, those NOT getting the shot are not falling ill at the same rate, does it?

3) A copout for #2

4) Still doesn't explain why the control group, those NOT getting the shot are not falling ill at the same rate, does it?

5) There are far too many strains and mutations to ever even have a 'luck shot' at, assuming the shot works at all. Refer back to #2.

6) EXACTLY!!! Proving that the shot was ineffective!

7) Basically comes down to the individual, independent level of their immune system, huh?

8) A restatement of #7

9) A mish-mashed rehash of #2 and #7

10) And for some reason MOST IMPORTANT for those it's the least effective? Why?

Anyway, if that CDC logic makes good sense to you, please, go get a flu shot!
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now you begin to understand me." George Orwell
� #6
Old 07-13-2014, 08:48 AM
Guide
Ajax will become famous soon enoughAjax will become famous soon enough

We get free flu shots at work. The first year only one guy in my lab took it, and then had to take sick leave for a week because it made him very ill. The 2nd year there were 2 takers who both took several days off after and became ill. I skipped both years and did not get the flu or any colds because I relied on much more dependable and proven hand-washing. Corporate rigamarole won't change my mind.
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.