� #1
Old 02-08-2014, 08:24 PM
Observer
shaggyfrog is on a distinguished road
Default Internal Hemorrhoid

Hi,

Just curious if anyone had any alternatives to surgery or banding for an internal hemorrhoid (Stage 3). I have seen multiple doctors and surgeons lately about a internal hemorrhoid that I have that prolapses every time I have a bowel movement. One wanted to go under surgery without even barely discussing it, I decided he would no longer be my doctor. I eventually ended up seeing a very good surgeon (from what I've researched) and his thoughts were that since I'm not experiencing hardly any pain, no bleeding and no unbearable issues that I should just live with it. By living with it that would mean me always having to have some sort of cream on hand to "lube" the prolapse to push it back in.
I liked this surgeon and his approach but I feel there could be some other option out there to maybe improve or shrink them. I've taken care of the reasons I got them in the first place, but now if I could just get the dang thing to go away I'd be happy. Also, I use a 3% lidocaine cream currently on them everyday so I can push them back in. Any worries I should have about using this on the same area over and over again? Anything more natural I could use instead?
Thanks in advance
� #2
Old 02-09-2014, 10:48 AM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor
kind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of light

I had infrared treatment a couple of times for my internal hemorrhoids, and was not happy with the results. I don't use anything special, and I will have bleeding on occasion. I use a product like Metamucil (psyllium husk) daily, to keep the stool soft, it helps.
� #3
Old 02-13-2014, 11:22 AM
Enlightener
d0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura about

Get more copper in your system. Signs of copper deficiencies are Aneurysms, aneurysm/cerebral hemmorage, dry brittle hair, white or grey hair, hernias, kawasaki disease liver cirrhosis, ruptured vertebral discs problems, varicose veins, and hemorrhoid.
� #4
Old 02-25-2014, 09:12 PM
Observer
shaggyfrog is on a distinguished road

thanks for the replies. I am looking into the suggestions. For temporary time being any ideas for a better replacement for the hydrocortisone cream I'm having to use daily?
� #5
Old 04-28-2014, 12:24 PM
Frater Aegagrus
Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyfrog View Post
thanks for the replies. I am looking into the suggestions. For temporary time being any ideas for a better replacement for the hydrocortisone cream I'm having to use daily?
Do some research on home remedies.

Butchers Broom, Hawthorn and Horse Chestnut are good for venous deficiency, which is what hemorrhoids are caused by.

Also look into Glutamine and resistant starches.

Hydration is key, so you need to avoid coffee and alcohol at least until you are free of the symptoms.

Avoid laxatives like Metamucil, they are loaded with toxins.

Quote:
If you don’t get enough roughage in your diet, or if you’re constipated or have irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), you may be taking a bulking agent like Metamucil, Citrucel, or Fiber-Con to make your stools larger and softer. If so, you may be pouring sugar or aspartame into your intestines. Sugar feeds the bad bacteria that can lead to fermentation, gas, and a suppressed immune system. Aspartame is an artificial sweetener linked to so many health problems that it takes a book that’s nearly 1,000 pages long to document all of them (Roberts, J.J. MD. Aspartame Disease: An Ignored Epidemic, Sunshine Sentinel Press, Inc., West Palm Beach, FL). You may need a bulking agent. But you don’t need one with sugar or aspartame.
LINK

Quote:
Around the same time, I was speaking to a Gastroenterologist who recommended I take Metamucil. Being a holistic nutritionist, I had my doubts about the product but thought I would go check out the ingredients before making any judgment. After a brief scan of the ingredient list, I quickly came to the conclusion that it was not a product that looked good naked and went in search of a more holistic solution.
PRODUCT UNDRESSED
Metamucil Ingredients (of the capsules)*: Psyllium Husk, Gelatin, Polysorbate 80, Caramel Color, Red 40 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake
*Note that there are many different Metamucil products and all of which have a different ingredient list. This is an example of one of the products they offer, ingredients to all of their products can be found on their website.
My biggest concern with this product is the list of artificial colours. Synthetic food colourings are manufactured from petroleum. The main reason these artificial versions are used instead of the natural options is because they are less expensive, more stable, and provide brighter colours. The problem is that there is a lot of concern about their safety. A new report was recently released by the Centre for Science in the Public Interest discussing these safety concerns. For more information on this you can visit their site at cspi.info/fooddyes or click here to be directed to the pdf report.
There is also some concern about Polysorbate 80. Some studies show that it does not cause any harm while others show that it does. I don’t feel that the evidence is conclusive on this issue. To read more information on this ingredient click here to see a report put out by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
LINK

I've read other reports that are far more damning, but unfortunately sites that really illustrate how poor certain products are wind up getting purchased by the manufacturer of said product.
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now you begin to understand me." George Orwell
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.