Go Back Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Systems & Organs

� #1
Old 01-07-2014, 10:30 AM
Observer
Auouna is on a distinguished road
Default Dysautonomia

In 2010 I was diagnosed with Postoral Orthostatic Tachychardia Syndrome and was put on a steroid for this condition which is dysautomia. I don't regulate salt and blood pressure the way I'm suppose to. I had steroid psychosis from the steroid I was put on to treat this syndrome. So, needless to say I no longer take the medications the doctor can prescribe because it's only treated with steroids. The doctor treating me for steroid psychosis said to never take a steroid again. It was an aweful experience. Is there any holistic approaches to treating POTS? Anyone have ideas?

I spend long hours wanting to exercise but am not able to do so the way I'd like because I get tired too quickly, at the very least I am exhausted after a little bit of exercise. I want to lose weight since I gained so much weight from the medication given to me for steroid psychosis. Any ideas on this problem too?
� #2
Old 01-07-2014, 02:53 PM
Guide
Ajax will become famous soon enoughAjax will become famous soon enough

Anyone who hasn't exercised in a while will become tired quickly. Try starting with a brisk walk or, if weather or terrain does not permit it, one of those low-impact elliptical machines. Try to make your eventual goal to continue to exercise for over 20 minutes. That's the magic number to train your body to not just burn free sugars in the blood, but to burn your body fat. You will feel the transition at around the 20 minute point - athletes refer to this as their "second wind". Don't be discouraged at first - even 5 minutes a day will get you going toward a goal of 20 minutes a day.
� #3
Old 01-07-2014, 04:56 PM
Lovin' life~
Cookie has a spectacular aura aboutCookie has a spectacular aura about

That's true Ajax, but people with POTS tend to get dizzy very easily until they're used to exercising.
Maybe a good idea to invest in a recumbent bike since you NEED to exercise daily Auouna.
� #4
Old 01-07-2014, 05:44 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor
kind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nice

Cookie has good advice about the recumbent bike for exercise. Another good exercise for those suffering with POTS is swimming. Here's a bit of info that may help you Auouna...https://www.naturalnews.com/032763_PO..._remedies.html
� #5
Old 01-11-2014, 04:22 PM
Observer
davids111 is on a distinguished road

Hi Auouna,

I am sorry to hear of your health problem(s).

As "grist for your mill," are you aware of the almost miraculous results many tens (hundreds?) of THOUSANDS of people have experienced, dealing with MOST of the physical health issues known to humankind, from ingesting the powerful ANTIOXIDANT, ascorbic acid?

If you are seriously interested in finding a solution to your health problem(s), and gaining better health in ALL areas of your body, I encourage you to read [at least the first ten paragraphs of] this article, written by Dr. Robert Cathcart, M.D. https://vitamincfoundation.org/www.or...om/titrate.htm

It may just solve some or all of your health issue(s). You have only better health and well-being to gain by applying its recommendation. What have you got to lose?

These two quotes are instructive:

"There are more than ten thousand scientific papers that make it quite clear that there is not one body process (such as what goes on inside cells or tissues) and not one disease or syndrome (from the common cold to leprosy) that is not influenced - directly or indirectly - by vitamin C." -- Dr. Emanuel Cheraskin, M.D., Dr. Marshall Ringsdorf, D.M.D., and Dr. Emily Sisley, THE VITAMIN C CONNECTION.

“I have never seen a patient that Vitamin C would not benefit.” -- Dr. Frederick Klenner, M.D.

I wish you BEST success, Auouna, in your search for better health!

Sincerely,

David
� #6
Old 01-12-2014, 06:06 AM
Lovin' life~

Vitamin C from food sources is extremely important to overall health, no one can deny that!
However, synthetic ascorbic acid and vitamin C are not the same thing.

� #7
Old 01-12-2014, 10:32 AM
Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
Vitamin C from food sources is extremely important to overall health, no one can deny that!
However, synthetic ascorbic acid and vitamin C are not the same thing.
Hi Cookie,

Perhaps they may not be identical, but I assume what people like Auouna are looking for are results, not some sort of dietary/idealogical "purity." The animals all [with few exceptions, humans being one of them] produce multigram doses of ascorbic acid daily for themselves. It is basically not possible to consume anywhere near that amount of so-called vitamin C from food sources alone. There are literally thousands of papers [and tens of thousands of testimonials] written about the beneficial results obtained from ingesting ascorbic acid in daily multigram doses. Dr. Cathcart's article referenced above is a good place to start to begin to understand its incredible therapeutic potential. It is this that I was trying to encourage Auouna to consider as a way of solving his/her health situation.

Best regards,

David
� #8
Old 01-12-2014, 12:32 PM
Lovin' life~

Hi David!

Yes, well.. some 'sort of dietary/idealogical "purity"' needs to be clarified since it's not just Auouna who will be reading your reply. It's not my intention to insult you, I rather enjoy reading your responses
Ascorbic acid is merely a fraction of Vit C and would need several other factors in order for it to have vitamin activity.
People often confuse the two as being the same, as seen in your #5 post, and then neglect to get the proper nutrients via food sources because they're under the impression they're getting enough Vit C via ascorbic acid.

Why do you suppose humans have lost the ability to produce ascorbic acid and most animals haven't?
It's my understanding that ascorbic acid plays a sideline roll (since it doesn't function as a coenzyme) in keeping connective tissue strong.

� #9
Old 01-12-2014, 03:35 PM
Observer

Hi Cookie,

I want to assure you that I most certainly did not take your post as an "insult." And thank you for the compliment!

I possibly agree with you that ascorbic acid is only a "part of" [so-called] vitamin C. The important question is: What about [so-called] vitamin C is disease curing and thereby health promoting?

Dr. Robert Cathcart, MD [previously referenced] had more clinical experience prescribing high doses of ascorbic acid [over 25,000 patients] than any person in history. Here are a few quotes from his many journal articles:

"The ascorbate effect is where massive doses of vitamin C are used where we are mostly throwing away the vitamin C for the electrons carried."

And:

"When you use enough ascorbate, throwing away the vitamin C for the electrons carried, it is a matter of chemistry, not necessarily medicine, that the free radicals will be neutralized. These doses range usually from 30 to 200 grams or more per 24 hours. The most important concept to understand is that, while incidentally at these dose levels, the vitamin C performs all the functions of levels one and two, it is mostly thrown away for the reducing equivalents it carries."

And:

"Ascorbate is unique in that the body can tolerate doses adequate to supply the necessary reducing equivalents to quench the free radicals generated by severely toxic disease processes. The vitamin C is thrown away for the reducing equivalents it carries."

And:

"The C6H6O6H2 used in massive doses substitutes for the limited availability of the NAD(P)H. The C6H6O6 part of the C6H6O6H2 used this way is thrown away; the C6H6O6H2 is only used for the electrons it carries. Amounts of 30 to 200+ grams of C6H6O6H2 provide ample high-energy electrons to directly scavenge the large amounts of free radicals generated in disease processes and provide enough high-energy electrons to rereduce NAD(P)+, FAD+, GSSG, tocopheryl quinone, etc. back to their reduced forms."

If we were still living on the "garden of Eden" diet, i.e. raw fruits and vegetables, I would agree, Cookie, that we would then be ingesting all the [so-called] vitamin C that we would need to remain perfectly healthy, i.e. we would, under those circumstances, have no need to supplement with anything. But obviously that is far from the case now [for virtually everyone]! So it is my understanding [after 19 years of study and personal experience with daily high, i.e. Bowel Tolerance, doses of ascorbic acid], that it is the "free"/extra/alkalinizing/toxin neutralizing/antioxidizing electrons that we are after, to restore and maintain our health in our relatively polluted world, and given our less than ideal diets. There are many, many antioxidants that we can ingest supplementally, e.g. vitamins E and A, and the minerals selenium and cesium, being just four of many, but I believe ascorbic acid is the only one that can be ingested in sufficiently high, i.e. therapeutic, doses, over a sufficiently long enough period of time, to restore [and maintain], our health.

I will agree with you, Cookie, that if a person could [somehow] ingest a diet completely devoid of [so-called] vitamin C, and then try to make up for that with pure ascorbic acid, they might run into a health deficiency, e.g. possibly scurvy, etc. But the amount of [so-called] vitamin C that is needed to healthfully maintain basic bodily functions is only in the range of a few hundred milligrams daily, at most. Whereas that amount does not even come close to being able to cure [or at least ameliorate the symptoms of] the myriad of diseases we face in this world, as for example referenced in Dr. Cathcart's article referenced in my first post.

As an aside, I speculate that we humans [and the other great apes] lost our ability to produce ascorbic acid [in our livers] because our progenitors, long in the distant past, when living on pure, ripe, organic, fruits and vegetables, in a completely unpolluted setting, did not need that ability [and as Linus Pauling speculated, probably gained some biological advantage from not having to use their precious (and presumably limited) glucose to produce it].

Thank you for your posts, Cookie, and I wish you the best!

Sincerely,

David

P.S. Cookie, you may find this article of interest: https://vitamincfoundation.org/NaturalC.htm.
� #10
Old 01-12-2014, 07:20 PM
Explorer
RodsHealth is on a distinguished road

Unfortunately I am not able to look it up right now, but I seem to recall an article that suggested that we humans may need the whole plant-based "complex" that is vitamin C. Micro RNA may be one of the essential elements that is missing with regular forms of vitamin C.