Go Back Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Heart Health

� #1
Old 12-27-2013, 03:57 PM
Observer
Martin_UK is on a distinguished road
Default Ventricular Ectopics problem

I just signed up to this forum as it looks like a place I might get some good advice from. I'm a 62-year-old male from the UK. I've been getting papatations recently it reached the point where I went to A&E on Monday and after some tests I was told I had Ventricular Ectopics.They did some blood tests and apparently everything was ok including Magnesium levels.. They also x-rayed my heart and said it looked normal. I also had an ECG and they hooked me up to monitor and I could see the spikes every time it happened. Because I wasn't getting any other symptoms like shortness of breath, pains in the arm or light-headedness. They said I wasn't at risk. I have an appointment with my GP on Tuesday as a follow-up.

Over the last week I've cut out tea and coffee and I'm drinking herbal teas - peppermint and lemon/ginger. But only yesterday I had a Quorn shepherds pie and soon after finishing it the palpitations came came on really strong and lasted for about 3 hours. So I'm cutting out on these ready meal type foods and having light salads from now on. However I had a salad tonight and everything was fine for a couple of hours but now they seem to have returned although maybe less constant than yesterday.

I find doing meditation helps a lot and I've upped that as well. I can go for a walk and not notice any palpitations, They seem to come on when I'm sitting or resting. It's quite disconcerting and distracting when it happens. It started about 10 days ago out of the blue although I did catch a slight cough/cold around that time but that's gone. I've started taking Valerian which I find helps. If anyone has any advice or comments it would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Martin
� #2
Old 12-27-2013, 08:07 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor
kind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nice

Hello Martin, and welcome to the forum! I'm in your age group and have also experienced some heart palpitations recently, some which have been lengthy, usually noticed at nighttime. I haven't been to a doctor about it, but it is disturbing to say the least.

From the little I've read about the condition you mention, they say that reducing or eliminating caffeine does not effect the symptoms either way. Interesting that your magnesium levels are normal, that the first thing I thought may help. Here is a page that suggests Taurine and L-Arginine for treatment...https://george-eby-research.com/html/...rhythmias.html

I've taken sleep blends with Valerian in them, but never the herb by itself. I heard that it will slow down the heart beat, and I didn't think that sounded very safe.
� #3
Old 12-27-2013, 09:28 PM
Observer

Hi there,

Thank you very much for replying. The article is very interesting especially the mention of L-Arginine and Taurine. Coincidentally I actually have a formula which contains both of these called Promino Plus although it doesn't state what the amounts are. The PM version does aid sleep so I will give it a go. I've had it so bad tonight that I've given up trying to sleep so I'm watching the Ashes cricket Since I decided not to try an sleep the PVC's seem to have calmed down a bit. But I agree it is disturbing and quite stressful. The Valerian I have been taking is part of a product called Kalms which does seem to help somewhat. I'll let you know how things develop in the next few days.

All the best
Martin
� #4
Old 12-30-2013, 02:19 AM
Observer

I thought I would give an update to my situation. I went out and bought some Taurine and L-Arginine supplements on Friday (Solgar). I was still getting considerable palpitations so I took 2X500mg of Taurine and 1�500 mg of L-Arginine. After about 90 minutes the palpitations were under control and I gained considerable relief for about 4 hours. I then repeated the dose which again had the same effect. It's now Monday and the palpitations have relented considerably. I had a good nights sleep without any disturbances and in the morning I could feel only the occasional light flutters. So compared to how I felt a couple of days ago I'm feeling a lot better now and hope the improvement will continue.

All the Best
Martin
� #5
Old 12-30-2013, 08:06 AM
Lecturer
liverock is just really niceliverock is just really niceliverock is just really niceliverock is just really niceliverock is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin_UK View Post
II've been getting papatations recently it reached the point where I went to A&E on Monday and after some tests I was told I had Ventricular Ectopics.They did some blood tests and apparently everything was ok including Magnesium levels..
A blood test for magnesium deficiency is worthless as only 1% of the blood is in the arteries. Its the cellular magnesium level thats important and an RBC Magnesium test is the best way to determine cellular levels.

https://www.naturalnews.com/026775_ma..._hospital.html

https://drmyhill.co.uk/wiki/Magnesium_test_-_red_cell

https://www.natmedtalk.com/showthread.php?t=26643
� #6
Old 01-11-2014, 03:57 PM
Observer
davids111 is on a distinguished road

Hi Martin,

Your heart malady is definitely solvable. I encourage you to check out this article as a start: https://www.vitamincfoundation.org/unified.htm.

I wish you the best of success, Martin, in solving your heart issue.

Sincerely,

David

Tags
heart palpitations, heartbeat, ventricular etopics
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.