Go Back Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Women's Health

� #1
Old 07-04-2013, 07:35 PM
Reader
revzen will become famous soon enoughrevzen will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to revzen
Default Natural Remedies for Fibromyalgia.

Hi All you Caring Folk,

my wife is going through a rough time, has been for a few yrs. She's not big on seeing the man in a suit also known as a doctor or taking prescription drugs!

One of her conditions is Fibromyalgia. She would appreciate any suggestions regarding natural remedies which have worked for you. So please do tell us about what has or hasn't worked for you, we appreciate what may work for one person may not work for another.

My wife has just begun taking the following capsules:-

ginger
turmeric
cinnamon
garlic

and she is also taking Serrepatese.

Her diet is about to undergo a major change due to her other conditions, but for this thread we want to keep it about fibramyalgia.

Thanking you in advance.

Namaste,

rev
� #2
Old 07-04-2013, 08:47 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor
kind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nice

I have an elderly woman friend who was having issues with Fibromyalgia. She didn't have much money, so I bought her a bottle of Source Naturals Magnesium Malate, as I read that it was useful for Fibro.

Well, soon after she started taking it, she reported that it was very helpful for her pain, and she felt much better. Unfortunately she didn't have the financial resources to continue buying the supplement on her own.

She was soon put on so many other prescription meds for her other problems, she hesitated to take any supplements or vitamins, due to interactions.

She did finish the large bottle, and was pleasantly surprised at the relief from her Fibromyalgia...https://www.sourcenaturals.com/products/GP1204/

Wishing the best for your wife.
� #3
Old 07-05-2013, 08:09 AM
Lecturer
mommysunshine will become famous soon enoughmommysunshine will become famous soon enough

Revsen, some are saying that fibromayalgia is linked to a bacterial infection within the body. Here's an article on it: https://chronicfatigue.about.com/b/20...bromyalgia.htm

If it is bacteria based, then a program to wipe out the bacteria and heal the gut would be a good step.
� #4
Old 07-06-2013, 08:58 AM
Reader
JanH is on a distinguished road

I have suffered with fibro for over a decade. While I'm not totally OK and may never be, I've gotten a great deal of relief from pain, stiffness, and the sick feeling from upper cervical chiropractic treatment. I don't know if all fibro is caused by the same underlying reasons, but both chiropractors I've been treated by say ALL the fibro sufferers they've treated have been either totally cured or at least greatly helped. Certainly worth looking into.
� #5
Old 07-16-2013, 07:13 AM
Reader

Many thanks for all your suggestions. My wife has H Pylori, and couldn't tolerate the anti biotic regime as it made her feel much, much worse. She found Mastic Gum quite helpful but made the mistake of coming off it too quickly, and she is contemplating returning and taking a three month course. She was diagnosed with H pylori after undergoing a Gastroscopy a couple of years ago, this after suffering medical negligence for two years after the doctor confessed he hadn't read her blood results properly! My wife has no faith in the doctor or hospitals(yet more medical mishaps) and we are looking to seeing a herbalist or homeopath, but until we do we are researching possible natural remedies/aids. A visit to the chiropractor is a possibility as a friend of ours knows of one close by.

After a week of not being able to eat she has managed to have a run of 'good' days and has eaten without any real bad reactions. Normally upon waking she has a bout of vomiting and then after 30 mins settles down, but then she is visiting the toilet due to her IBS.

So this week is a 'better' week!

Mastic Gum:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mastic_...#Medicinal_use

We'll definitely look into all the suggestions.

Namaste,

revzen

May try a Terminator Zapper too.
� #6
Old 07-16-2013, 05:55 PM
Reader

Forgot to ask!

Any suggestions for achy leg syndrome! My wife suffers with full body ache syndrome!

Namaste,

rev
� #7
Old 07-16-2013, 08:35 PM
Frater Aegagrus
Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about

I have read that MSM, DMSO, etc; the sufur group are supposed to be helpful.

https://www.natmedtalk.com/showthread.php?t=26716
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now you begin to understand me." George Orwell
� #8
Old 07-17-2013, 07:32 AM
perpetual student
jfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the rough

Full body aches are part of the Fibromyalgia syndrome. So does gluten sensitivity.

Try change of diet for the gluten sensitivity. Try magnesium for muscle relaxation. And as Solstice Goat says --- MSM for sulfur supplementation.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
� #9
Old 07-17-2013, 08:40 AM
Reader

jhf and Solstice Goat,

thanks for the info and suggestions.

jfh, yes we know about the link with fibromyalgia and full body ache. We are trying to remove certain ingredients from our diet, but it is an ongoing process. But if we can find something which gives relief for this problem it'll be a bonus!

I am looking into MSM and DMSO right now! Thanks for the link!

Namaste,

rev
� #10
Old 07-17-2013, 09:38 AM
Reader

Going to purchase 250g of MSM. Having read up on it I am impressed! Will also benefit me, so its a bonus!

Namaste,

rev
� #11
Old 07-17-2013, 08:38 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor
kind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nice

I take 1,000 mg. capsules of MSM, with no ill effects.
� #12
Old 07-17-2013, 08:47 PM
Frater Aegagrus
Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about

I've been taking MSM too.

After extensive research, I went with Yarrow Formulas in the bulk canister.
� #13
Old 07-20-2013, 05:59 PM
Reader

Today the MSM arrived, and I duly mixed 1 teaspoon in a glass of water and drank it. Taste was a little 'tart' if that be the right word! But I've tasted worse! I know for a fact that my wife won't tolerate the taste in water so I'll be making her some capsules, phew that was a good investment!

I must add that today has been a better day for my wife, her best in two weeks; one of which saw her eat very little, and boy did I feel helpless. Its heartbreaking seeing the one you love suffer in such a manner. So when a good day comes I join in the celebrations

I'd like to add that Maca Powder is helping me a great deal! So maybe I'm onto a good hit list of spices to take!

My daily intake - and my wife's.

Garlic
Ginger
Cinnamon
Maca
Turmeric

and tomorrow I'll be adding MSM in capsule form. And, Slippery Elm too - separate capsules though!

Big Love to you All

Namaste,

rev
� #14
Old 07-20-2013, 08:28 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

Happy to hear your wife is having a good day, she's lucky to have you by her side caring for her, you're a good husband. Can she take the MSM with juice, like a small amount of grape or apple juice...might be better than water.

Wishing you both the best!
� #15
Old 07-21-2013, 06:41 AM
Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by kind2creatures View Post
Happy to hear your wife is having a good day, she's lucky to have you by her side caring for her, you're a good husband. Can she take the MSM with juice, like a small amount of grape or apple juice...might be better than water.

Wishing you both the best!
Blessings to you k2c. Will try the apple juice when we are next out shopping, but for now it'll be the capsule route. I can take almost anything, but my wife, alas has a delicate constitution; so we tread carefully!

When we first met I was recovering from two operations(removal of large colon and reconstruction of small colon into ileo anal pouch), my wife had left me and I was ready for a life as a recluse! I could not see how a relationship would work with my bathroom regime(can be on the 'throne' for 5 and 6 hours), no one would put up with that! Gladly I was wrong!

Here we are 8 yrs later and still going strong! Teamwork and lots of laughter too! My religion is Laughter! Each day I make sure I have a good laugh, great tonic! I just want to help those who need help in any way I can, for as long as my body will allow!

Namaste,

rev

Tags
fibromyalgia
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.