Go Back Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Nutrition

� #1
Old 12-28-2012, 02:48 PM
Lecturer
Ted_Hutchinson has a spectacular aura aboutTed_Hutchinson has a spectacular aura aboutTed_Hutchinson has a spectacular aura about
Default GLUTEN MAKES YOU FAT

Beyond Celiac: Study Sheds New Light on Obesogenic Effects of Gluten - Are PPARs & Bacteria Both Involved?

I think it's possible we are all adversely affected by the amount of gluten in our diets.
Quote:
The study at hand provides a good reason to limit your intake of "healthy whole grains" and other gluten containing foods, regardless of whether you suffer from celiac or not.
Based on this research

Gluten-free diet reduces adiposity, inflammation and insulin resistance associated with the induction of PPAR-alpha and PPAR-gamma expression.
� #2
Old 12-28-2012, 05:05 PM
In seaerch of spicy food
saved1986 has a spectacular aura aboutsaved1986 has a spectacular aura about

Starting Jan 1st, I am going gluten free for a week to see if I feel any different
� #3
Old 12-28-2012, 11:53 PM
Lecturer
Ted_Hutchinson has a spectacular aura aboutTed_Hutchinson has a spectacular aura aboutTed_Hutchinson has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by saved1986 View Post
Starting Jan 1st, I am going gluten free for a week to see if I feel any different
It would be helpful if you could weigh yourself BEFORE and so any change in weight is noticed.
I think maybe a month or six weeks would be better as it takes a time modify your gut flora. and reduce the population of pathogenic forms that thrive in an inflammatory environment. A week isn't really long enough to allow any adaptation to occur let alone heal the damage the gluten has caused.
� #4
Old 12-29-2012, 02:43 AM
In seaerch of spicy food
saved1986 has a spectacular aura aboutsaved1986 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted_Hutchinson View Post
It would be helpful if you could weigh yourself BEFORE and so any change in weight is noticed.
I think maybe a month or six weeks would be better as it takes a time modify your gut flora. and reduce the population of pathogenic forms that thrive in an inflammatory environment. A week isn't really long enough to allow any adaptation to occur let alone heal the damage the gluten has caused.
I'll give it a month
� #5
Old 01-24-2013, 11:23 PM
Frater Aegagrus
Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted_Hutchinson View Post

Agreed. Sporadic consumption of small quantities of wheat will mask the effect of quitting completely. After one month of no wheat, one small piece of bread had my gut sore for three days, along with the stiffness in my right hand and constipation.

Weight before knocking off wheat completely, Dec 10th, 185 pounds
Weight January 15th, 178 pounds.

If anyone is having trouble quitting wheat, read Wheatbelly.

Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight, and Find Your Path Back to Health By William Davis, M.D.
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now you begin to understand me." George Orwell
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.