Go Back Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Alternative Therapies

� #1
Old 05-21-2012, 01:57 PM
Observer
maro is on a distinguished road
Default Whooping Cough

Hi Guys. Just wondered if anybody has any ideas on how to get over this awfull illness, am in my 5th week now, the cough is easing up but I feel totally wiped out, Im also worried as I have heard this can leave long lasting damage to the lungs, I have had asthma all my life im now 49 but for the last ten years or so i have been really well. It was a nightmare to get doctors to take any notice even though i told them what i was suffering with. Finally got blood tests results back, positive for pertussis. I did not take the antibiotics i was prescribed as they are pretty useless anyway. I would like to use natural medicine to undo the damage from the pertussis bacteria and also to boost my immune system. Thanks guys. BTW I live in England.
� #2
Old 05-21-2012, 06:11 PM
Standing at the Portal
Arrowwind09 has a spectacular aura aboutArrowwind09 has a spectacular aura about

Vitamin C is the answer but you must take it to bowel tolerance.
this thread will tell you about that..

https://www.natmedtalk.com/showthread.php?t=3794

or you could purchase the lipsomal form of vitamin c to avoid the bowel tolerance affect..

www.livonlabs.com you can purchase and learn what liposomal c is here.

Antibiotics is only minimally effective with whooping cough. I think the bacteria presence causes viral issues also.

I would also recommend castor oil packs to the chest
read about castor oil packs here
https://www.healthsalon.org/41/castor-oil-packs/

� #3
Old 05-21-2012, 06:13 PM
Standing at the Portal
Arrowwind09 has a spectacular aura aboutArrowwind09 has a spectacular aura about

and read this too

https://www.vitamincfoundation.org/fo...p?f=19&p=28947

and more specifically, this:

https://vaccinationcouncil.org/media/...ping-Cough.pdf

� #4
Old 05-22-2012, 11:08 AM
Observer
Default whooping cough

Hi Arrowind, thank you so much for your reply I will def look into your advice. I have been taking vit c but only 3000mg i guess its not enough. 3 Doctors told me that it was no way w. cough as i would have been vaccinated as a child , when i tried to tell them that it wears off over time they dismissed me as a silly ignorant woman, finally had diagnosis after 5 weeks. The medical profession do not like when you diagnose yourself, anyway rant over (for now). Many thanks again for your reply.
� #5
Old 05-22-2012, 04:02 PM
Standing at the Portal

As an adult your whooping cough epidsode should not be so long lasting. Generally it is quite benign for an adult. You may want to look at ways to boost your immune system over all.

Yes, vaccines do wear off in many cases. They are making a find mess of things and putting adults at great risk with some fairly common and not to dangerous childhood diseases that children should have had naturally.
� #6
Old 05-23-2012, 09:16 AM
Observer

Hya, am in my fifth week now and still feel rubbish, cough not as bad but am very weak and tired, no appetite, I have lost 101b since the start of illness. I hve read all about the vit c and it sounds great for boosting my immune system, also I have sent off for items needed for castor oil pack. Thanks again for your help.
� #7
Old 05-26-2012, 03:59 AM
Observer
Default vit c

Hya I have just purchased vit c powder how much powder equals a gram of vit c.
Thanks in advance. Mary
� #8
Old 05-26-2012, 06:44 AM
Standing at the Portal

Doesnt it say on the label? That would be individual with each product I would say, but if it is pure vitamin c I would thing that one measured gram is one gram. Your brave to take it in that form! Are you going to put it in capsules?
� #9
Old 05-28-2012, 03:53 AM
Observer
Default vit c

Hya, Its ok I figured it out, 1 heaped teaspoon is 5000mg, in 24 hour period I have been taking 20,000mg I feel better already, very bitter but doable. My adult daughter took 5000mg but spent the evening on the loo...whoops
!. Not using capsules just dissolving it in water.
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.