Go Back Natural Medicine Talk > Off-topic > Thrift & Financial

� #1
Old 02-26-2011, 06:21 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor
kind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of light
Cool Epsom Salt (magnesium sulfate)

Epsom Salt (magnesium sulfate) is an inexpensive and EXCELLENT addition to hot bath water for a soothing muscle-relaxing bath, I use 2 cups per bath.

For use as a soaking aid for minor sprains and bruises, 2 cups per gallon of water is recommended. Apply with bandages or toweling for 30 minutes up to three times per day.

Saline Laxative effects can be achieved for adults with 2-6 tsp. daily, mixed with at least 8 ounces of water, preferable more. Children 6-12 yrs.old should use 1-2 tsp. daily. Under 6yrs. only under doctors advice.

It is also highly recommended as a plant food supplement. As a fertilizer for lawns, 1/2 lb. per 1,000 sq. ft. is recommended. 1 tsp. for houseplants, 2 tbls. for trees once every 4 months is ideal.

Since Epsom Salt is relaxing to the muscles, it is also recommended for Autistic children, as a calming agent in the bath.

https://www.natmedtalk.com/showthread.php?t=3444

Epsom Salt is an item I would recommend for everyone to have handy in their medicine cabinets.

Warnings:

* If you have kidney disease, consult your doctor first.
* If you're on a magnesium-restricted diet
* If you experience abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting
* Sudden change in bowel habit that exceeds over 2 weeks
� #2
Old 03-11-2011, 06:04 PM
Reader
jw8725 is on a distinguished road

Hi I have a question about this. I'm thinking of adding some Epsom Salts to a foot spa. I'd like to know if the body would be able to absorb sufficient quantities. I don't normally have the time to kick back with a full tub filled bath due to a busy lifestyle.
� #3
Old 03-11-2011, 07:08 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor
kind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw8725 View Post
Hi I have a question about this. I'm thinking of adding some Epsom Salts to a foot spa. I'd like to know if the body would be able to absorb sufficient quantities. I don't normally have the time to kick back with a full tub filled bath due to a busy lifestyle.
I don't know about the body absorbing sufficient amounts for magnesium supplementation as far as daily requirements, but I definitely recommend epsom salts in a foot bath for relaxation of the foot muscles, nothing better!
� #4
Old 11-02-2013, 07:12 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

More benefits of Epsom Salt baths for detoxifying the body and arthritis/muscles...https://www.naturalnews.com/042753_Ep...technique.html
� #5
Old 11-07-2013, 10:26 AM
Observing cool stuff
happy2bhere will become famous soon enoughhappy2bhere will become famous soon enough

Thanks kind2!

Nothing like a soak in a tub full. You must FIND THE TIME!! You won't regret it.

Tags
autism, epsom salt, laxative, magnesium, muscle pain, plant food, soaking, sulfate
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.