Go Back Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Nutrition

� #1
Old 12-20-2010, 04:24 AM
Observer
drifter is on a distinguished road
Default Feeling nauseous after eating fruits

Just a few years ago, I've been feeling nauseous to the point of vomiting whenever I eat my favorite fruits (such as bananas, oranges, watemelons, mango, etc.). The only thing I always do to remove this feeling is to drink Coca-Cola or Pepsi.

This is disturbing my eating habits because I really love to eat fruits but now I can't do it.

Anybody here who knows what's wrong with me? Thanks.
� #2
Old 12-20-2010, 08:51 AM
Enlightener
D Bergy is a jewel in the roughD Bergy is a jewel in the roughD Bergy is a jewel in the rough

I am not sure of this, but I will throw it out there.

When I had an H-Pylori infection, I could not even eat one bite of fruit. It was the acidity that would make me gag. On the other hand, the Coke thing does not make sense to me in that context either.

The other problem item was coffee. Again, it was the acidity that bothered me.

Once I removed the infection, I was able to eat fruit and drink coffee again.

Dan
� #3
Old 12-20-2010, 10:07 AM
Observer
drifter is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your input.

My friends say that I'm "acidic" that's why I'm feeling this way. But if I'm acidic why does the feeling go way when I drink Coke or Pepsi? So it's a bit strange really.

Also drinking coffee is no problem for me. Only fruits make my stomach turn, and, let me add, tomatoes. I have to remove tomatoes in everytime I eat sandwiches that have them.
� #4
Old 12-20-2010, 07:09 PM
Reader
Thrasymachus will become famous soon enough

You have serous health problems and toxicity if healthy items like fruits are giving major problems like vomiting while toxic coke and coffee goes down fine.

If you think this is a problem you will have to detox and change your eating habits. If you are fine with it, you can continue to eat/drink unhealthy food like substances that do not provoke immediate reactions at the expense of long-term health to maintain temporary comfort.
� #5
Old 12-20-2010, 09:04 PM
Guide
larryberry is on a distinguished road

I think tomatos are a fruit as well.
� #6
Old 01-17-2011, 09:30 AM
Observer
NaturalHealthPro is on a distinguished road

I would recommend you look into a wheatgrass detox diet. Those really help get your body into the right place, once you are free of the toxins you should be able to eat healthy again!
� #7
Old 01-17-2011, 10:25 AM
In seaerch of spicy food
saved1986 has a spectacular aura aboutsaved1986 has a spectacular aura aboutsaved1986 has a spectacular aura about

H-Pylori infection??????????????

Something to try. In greek culture we use a spice called mastica, also known as gum mastic. It cures ulcers and fights H-Pylori infections. You can buy it and take capsules of it. Try it for a few weeks, and if you are into bread making or making shortbread cookies, break open a capsule and add it to the dough, it gives a really nice flavor. Good luck.
� #8
Old 03-23-2012, 01:03 PM
Observer
ileurteclat is on a distinguished road
Post Kidney disease?

I had a kidney disease and I see that there are some similarities in between.
I am not a doctor, but you might check if this applies to you.

While reading on an article on some foods/fruits that people with kidney disease should avoid I found out that: Fruits with high potassium apply to most of the fruits you have mentioned (most of them your favorite ones). For example: mangoes, bananas, honeydews, cantaloupes, and oranges.

You symptoms are similar to mine. My symptoms were: nausea, blurry vision, dizziness, short breath, etc.

Therefore, you might want to see a doctor to check up your kidneys by doing a blood test.

You might also want to google fruits that are not good (with high potassium or sodium) for people that have kidneys disease and check if the symptoms apply to you as well.

I hope you get better
� #9
Old 04-03-2012, 03:27 PM
Observer
blotter is on a distinguished road

h-pylori makes sense to me. I had similar experiences after moving years back and developed what I believed to be a h-pylori infection. After an orange made me absolutely nauseous one day, and on another hungover morning it felt like I had been shot in the stomach after taking a sip of water I decided to try and tackle this problem.

There are expensive teas and medications that attempt to cure h-pylori, but almost every bit of advice recommends cabbage in addition to whatever treatment - and lots of it. So I unpacked the blendtec, bought a few heads of cabbage and drank cabbage juice three times a day. Two or so days later I wanted to see if it was working so I ate an orange and felt perfectly fine. I'm pretty sure this wasn't a casual relationship.

I got back onto making a green smoothie every morning and added some cabbage after it treated me so right. A few years of mixing an ample amount of about 5 different greens, a couple fruits, berries and whatever ground up nuts and seeds I have on hand for breakfast and I never get sick or have a blemish in my complexion. Can't forget dates, honey and lemons for sweeteners.

I'm not a doctor and even though I'm operating under the assumption that you have h-pylori, I figure taking my advice could do nothing but help - and the meds for h-pylori that you get from a doctor apparently aren't all that effective as it is. So figure out a way to get a ton of cabbage into your body and see if it helps. Best of luck
� #10
Old 04-05-2012, 08:40 PM
titan
ophiuchus is on a distinguished road

those fruits have the highest sugar content of all too... my theory is that the caffeine in the soda is the only reason you can take the sodas. without that metabolism boost from that, all the sugar and potassium from the fruit is too much for your organs... the body has reactions like that for a reason... a diet should always be changing, evolving. best to move on imo. try picking lower sugar seasonal fruits for your area
� #11
Old 11-26-2014, 07:34 AM
Observer
John Haufiku is on a distinguished road

Drifter, I have the exact same problem. I am so glad to discover that I am not the only one with this problem. It just happened about two years ago, before that I could eat all my favourite fruits including tomatoes now I cannot. I went for a full health check-up and doctor could not find anything. Did you find out what is wrong with you?
� #12
Old 11-13-2016, 08:35 PM
Observer
Xavier Xavier is on a distinguished road

I know I'm a little late to this conversation, but you litterally described my problem exact. I didn't always have this problem where I felt sick when I ate fruits, it's started when I was around 9 (I believe) and I'm 14 now.

I still don't know why I feel sick when I eat fruits or why drinking a sip o soda stops me from feeling sick when I eat fruits.

And yeah, I should probablyyyyyy see a doctor about that tbh.
� #13
Old 02-16-2017, 09:31 PM
Observer
Abarnes225 is on a distinguished road

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oral_allergy_syndrome
� #14
Old 02-25-2017, 10:18 AM
Observer
Louis Adams is on a distinguished road

Did you go to the doctor?
� #15
Old 03-22-2017, 03:31 AM
Banned
Morgan Arnold is on a distinguished road
Default Many reason behind it.

It's a rare case, so don't say clearly but one thing you can do is to consult any physician. There can be many reason behind it .

Tags
fruits, nausea, vomiting
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.