Go Back Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Skin Health

� #1
Old 10-15-2010, 06:31 PM
Observer
Milly is on a distinguished road
Default Does anyone know what this is? (red rash)

I have been to 3 internists, 2 dermatologists, 2 Gastroenterologists and even an allergist. No one has been able to figure out what this is and I am at a total loss.

Every time I eat certain foods, within 1-2 hours I develop red spots all over my stomach (mostly around the belly button area) - some are blotchy and some are small and raised. Sometimes my entire belly button also turns bright red. The spots are not painful or itchy. However, at the same time, I also develop very painful gnawing and 'pinchy' feeling in my gut that goes away by the next day as long as if I don't eat the offending food again. The spots usually fade within 1-2 days as well. I have never had the spots without the gut pain, or the gut pain without the spots.

This has been going on for about 2 years, but I only recently discovered it was linked to food after the abdominal symptoms worsened significantly and I started an elimination diet (per allergist suggestion). Before eliminating these foods, I had red spots and abdominal symptoms CONSTANTLY. Now I never have them unless I eat an offending food, but it has turned my diet into a field of land mines. I know the two symptoms are connected and something is causing this but it is NOT an allergy.

I eat very healthy, no junk food, and no sugar except on extremely rare occasions. Oddly enough, if I do eat something with sugar in it, it does not trigger the spots or the gut symptoms. I also have no problems with starchy foods like russet potatoes.

These are what trigger it:
-Anything with inulin/chicory/FOS (including natural foods like banana and dandelion)
-Any and all dairy products, even the most basic plain organic pastured yogurt
-Artificial sweeteners - sorbitol, xylitol, saccharine, etc (I can't even use toothpaste with these ingredients)
-Too much fruit of (almost) any kind (I am suspecting it is the LOW glycemic sweet fruit, because I have no problem with dates, tomato, avocado, or olives), and anything with 'fructose' as an ingredient (I am just avoiding fruit because too much can be one piece on some days or 2-3 pieces on others).

Does anyone have ANY idea at all what is going on? Or could anyone give me any suggestions or ideas on what I should look up to have some sort of idea to find the cause of this problem? Any advice or comments appreciated. Thank you.
� #2
Old 10-15-2010, 09:07 PM
Standing at the Portal
Arrowwind09 has a spectacular aura aboutArrowwind09 has a spectacular aura about

I am wondering if that pain you have is in your pancrease?

I think it is allergy. Why would it not be?

Aside from allergy maybe to certain types of sugars? I haven't a clue. I certainly would continue to avoid them.

A consult with a classical homeopath can sometimes eliminate allergy.