Go Back Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Nutrition

� #1
Old 01-24-2015, 05:08 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor
kind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up Adult Dry Ginger Ale - Good Brand Recommended!

We don't drink soda, have rarely even had it when we were young, just don't care for it. We do drink plain seltzer water, only ingredient is carbonated water...no salt, sugar, etc.

When I was young, my parents always had a bottle of Ginger Ale in the refrigerator. My father liked to have it there when he wanted some, and my mother would give us a small glass for medicinal uses, to settle our stomachs, etc. It would usually be White Rock or Canada Dry.

Well, my husband and I got an urge to have some Ginger Ale this week, so I went to the Natural Grocers store to see what they had. We didn't want anything too sweet if that could be avoided, just for taste preference.

I bought a 4-pack of GUS (Grown Up Soda) Ginger Ale, and we like it very much, and will be buying it again. I'm enjoying a bottle of it now. https://drinkgus.com/

We used to like a Ginseng soda called "Ginseng Up". It came in a small clear bottle, with a ginseng root on the label, it was very pale in color.

Unfortunately, we haven't been able to find this ginseng soda...or any ginseng soda for that matter in years. If I came across a distributor of Ginseng Up, I'd probably buy a case of it.
� #2
Old 01-25-2015, 10:30 AM
Frater Aegagrus
Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about

Reed's is quite good too.
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now you begin to understand me." George Orwell
� #3
Old 01-25-2015, 03:19 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor
kind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of light

Solstice Goat, have you seen any Ginseng sodas around? Wonder why they don't have them anymore. There was even a Corrs brand Ginseng Rush, but the more natural Ginseng Up was much better.
� #4
Old 01-25-2015, 03:41 PM
Frater Aegagrus
Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about

I'll look next time I'm out.

Until then..........................

https://www.ginsengup.com/
� #5
Old 01-25-2015, 06:15 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

You da man!! Thank you! It's been years since I searched for it online, and this site was not available. I sent them a contact message asking where it can be bought.
� #6
Old 01-26-2015, 05:27 AM
In seaerch of spicy food
saved1986 has a spectacular aura aboutsaved1986 has a spectacular aura about

I was in St marten last week and ginseng up was everywhere. I will het a health food store in akron this coming weekend and look for it, but I have not seen it for awhile. Also, yes, those dry sodas are pretty good, try the lavender one
� #7
Old 01-26-2015, 10:07 AM
Reader
larryz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by saved1986 View Post
I was in St marten last week and ginseng up was everywhere. I will het a health food store in akron this coming weekend and look for it, but I have not seen it for awhile. Also, yes, those dry sodas are pretty good, try the lavender one
St. Marten? Lucky you. FYI, spent lots of time in Akron over the last year for family reasons and have come to really like the town. The summit of Ohio and all..
� #8
Old 02-12-2015, 08:55 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

I tried the Reeds, it was pretty good, just sweeter and more calories than the GUS. We also bought some Bruce Cost unfiltered ginger ale to try, that stuff looks like kombucha, so many particles floating around, intense taste, different. Also bought a pack of Ginger People ginger beer, different and with sediment also.

Amazon had some Ginseng Up, but I didn't want to order a case by mail. I called the company, and they said that my vitamin store, Natural Grocers should carry it. They're the ones who had it years back, and looked at me like I had two heads when I asked about it a couple of times over the years, like they never heard of the stuff. I haven't been to the store, but I'll see what they say next time I go. I'd prefer to get it locally. Whole Foods didn't carry it either.

Tags
ginger ale
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.