Go Back Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Nutrition

� #1
Old 01-19-2015, 08:53 AM
Explorer
lostsoul62 is on a distinguished road
Default Prune juice or Prunes?

How long can you keep Prune juice in the refrigerator? I notice that after a couple of weeks that the prune juice has been in the refrigerator I drink some and I have diarrhea. So should I freeze it? Take out a half dozen prunes in the morning and blend them with water so I can keep regular. I�m also 67.
� #2
Old 01-19-2015, 09:15 AM
Reader
larryz will become famous soon enough

Not sure, but perhaps buy the prune juice in a smaller bottle, so you'll use it quicker. I know some bottles are extra large and it takes awhile to finish them.
� #3
Old 01-19-2015, 12:53 PM
Explorer
Default 7-10 Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryz View Post
Not sure, but perhaps buy the prune juice in a smaller bottle, so you'll use it quicker. I know some bottles are extra large and it takes awhile to finish them.
I looked it up and it said drink within 7 to 10 days so no wonder my stomach has been messed up. So I froze the juice in 8 oz. containers and will defrost them the day before I drink them but I'm wondering if taking prunes and blending them would be better?
� #4
Old 01-19-2015, 02:33 PM
Guide
Living Food will become famous soon enough

It would be much better to take prunes and blend them. Prune juice is made by boiling prunes until they disintegrate and then separating what's left using a hydraulic press (the better method) or centrifugation (which would serve to greatly oxidize the juice). At this point any nutrients that were once in the prunes would have been destroyed, some toxic compounds will likely have formed, and the highly processed juice will likely cause a sugar spike reminiscent of guzzling pixie sticks.

Far better to just take the whole prunes and eat or blend them.
� #5
Old 01-19-2015, 06:13 PM
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living Food View Post
It would be much better to take prunes and blend them.
Far better to just take the whole prunes and eat or blend them.
Thanks I have a high powered blender so I'll blend then with filtered water. Thanks
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.