� #1
Unread 06-28-2014, 05:07 PM
Observer
aeocava is on a distinguished road
Default Reaction to partial

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvnsolo View Post
Morning all,
I've been reading your post with much interest since I'm having the exact problems with my new dentures. Had uppers for 18 years and never had any problems but with the new ones, my tongue keeps swelling, blisters, red, sore throat.
This has been ongoing for 3 mos now and doctors and dentist keep saying I have Thrush and keep prescribing Nystatin and on occassion Diflucan and after using this treatment 4 times now and getting no relief I'm a greatly disappointed and upset.
Has anyone found a solution to this condition other than NEVER wearing your denture which is NOT and option for me hahaha.
Appreciate any insight. Thanks
I have just come from the dentist with the same problem. My first dentist (a lovely but young one) looked at my mouth and didn't know what to think. I have/had numerous white patches which are quite painful and are getting bigger. Needless to say I haven't been wearing my partial. I went to urgent care and the doc had no clue. (he is also lovely but very young) He prescribed nystatin also. The dentist today looked and said it did not look like a yeast infection but wasn't sure what it was. He is of the opinion that it may be an allergic or auto immune response to something in the partial. I have an auto immune disease so this may be the issue but in the meantime he is going to do some research on the allergic readtion possibility. I'll keep you up to date on what's going on in my mouth and maybe we can share what is being done by our respective dentists.

Tags
allergy, burning, dentures, plastic, valplast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.