Go Back Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Heart Health > Hypertension

� #1
Old 06-25-2014, 02:35 PM
perpetual student
jfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodsHealth View Post
Thanks - for a while I was taking a delayed release magnesium (much harder to overdose with it) that reduces the risk of diarrhea...
It is way more important to take a magnesium which is bound with acid. The main problem is that magnesium requires acid for proper digestion. Otherwise, magnesium just sits in the intestines collecting water. Most multivitamins contain mag oxide, because it is cheap for the manufacturer. Mag oxide is also popular on the shelves. It is worthless for anything but as a laxative. I suppose you could take the mag with apple cider vinegar for the acid though.

Magnesium is a natural calcium channel blocker. This is why it is so very good for blood pressure. Magnesium relaxes the smooth muscles that line the arteries. Calcium constricts those same muscles. Calcium channel blockers are very popular among the cardiologists, because of calcium's activity with the muscles. It is not good to take more than 400mg of magnesium. Certainly not for a long period. This is because it can act like a blood thinner. If you do take more than 400mg, write a note of that for your wallet or purse, so that an emergency room personnel will see it.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde

Tags
basil, celery seed, cinnamon, hawthorn, hibiscus, high blood pressure, hypertension
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.