Go Back Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Alternative Therapies

� #1
Old 06-06-2014, 01:25 PM
Observer
McCloud is on a distinguished road
Default liver flush went wrong

Hi,

so yesterday I did the liver flush it was quite strange..

I had a small portion of broccoli and brown rice for lunch. Shortly after that I got bloated and gassy. Then I took my 1st epsom salts and then it started...
I got more and more bloated my stomach was full and hard. I was feeling sick. I wonder how the Epsom salt could cause this. After my 2nd ES at 8pm I went to toilet and blasted out.
At 10pm I took my oil and grapefruit. I lay down but instead of feeling the liver area I mostly felt a 'squirty' sensation on the left side.
In the morning I went to the restroom some more but didn't pass ANY stones.

As with my previous liver flush I am getting really yellow again. I wonder how my eyes and the whole skin can get yellow so fast and what is the cause for this.

Now I am starting my master cleanse but I am quite disappointed... I was planning to do another liver flush after the master cleanse too but I don't know if it will have more benefit than harm.

Anyone can give me their experience or explain what is going on with me??
� #2
Old 06-07-2014, 05:51 AM
perpetual student
jfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the rough

Broccoli gives me gas all by itself. So do sweet peppers (bell peppers).

I never liked the master cleanse, though there are some of our members who really like it. I think it is too harsh. And unnecessary. IMO.

I prefer and recommend digestive bitters as a mild and healthier alternative.

Bile is a fat emulsifier, and it is the high lecithin content that gives bile its emulsification properties. Increase bile to dissolve these stones or prevent them. One way to do this is to increase the fiber in the diet. Also fiber will feed the friendly flora, which will help the body in many other ways. Increase B vitamin levels, which help the liver in its regulation of hormones that affect stone formation.

Bitter tasting herbs hit the bitter receptors of the tongue the vagus nerve is stimulated. This in turn kicks up stomach acidity, bile secretion, and pancreatic enzyme release. Digestive bitters are very convenient here. Bitters stimulate the liver to flush, so it is very important to drink plenty of water throughout the day when using bitters. This flushing of the liver will also help with hormone regulation as the liver breaks down excess hormones including estrogen and progesterone. Lecithin is important as well; as it is the main constituent of bile.

You only need to taste a small amount on the back of your tongue as you swallow them. 1/2 of the dose suggested on the bottles. No pills, because you must taste it to activate the vagus nerve. Stimulation of the vagus nerve stimulates flushing of the liver. Bitter receptors are on the back of the tongue.

Bitters act to increase or stabilize the appetite. In general, there is a stimulation of the appetite which is important in conditions of convalescence and where there is otherwise a reduction of appetite. Bitters do not seem to increase appetite in a digestively healthy person, rather a more healthful balance in the appetite develops. The body acquires more taste for healthy foods and less taste for unhealthy foods.

When bitters activate the gastric secretion of hydrochloric acid and other digestive enzymes, the nerve tone of the muscles of the entire digestive tract improves. Blood circulation improves and the body can assimilate foods, absorb nutrients, and eliminate wastes more efficiently. In a broader way, this improvement in blood circulation affects the healthy activity of the heart and circulation in general.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
� #3
Old 06-07-2014, 08:13 AM
Observer
McCloud is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the answer. I was using Swedish bitters before.
I also take this master cleanse and liver flushing business as the last chance, because first of all it's not pleasant at all to go through it and, as you say, it is quite harsh on the body. I just felt like I tried everything already without success so I'll see how I react now to the liver flush and master cleanse.

I just don't understand the connection between the consumption of high amounts of oil (the Liver flush) and the state that I get yellow (probably levels of bilirubin get much higher).

In fact, I had a slightly higher bilirubin (and thus a yellow tint to my eyes and skin) all the time, but when I ask the doctors what's the cause for this, they just say it's normal. That's why I am browsing the internet and asking on forums now. I want to find out what's going on with me and sort the problems from inside out. Not just ignore all the symptoms as doctors usually do.

Tags
gallblader, liver flush, master cleanse
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.