Go Back Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Children's Health

� #1
Old 04-09-2014, 05:55 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor
kind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of light
Exclamation Soy-Based Formulas Linked to Seizures in Babies

Phytoestrogens in soy-based baby formulas are putting infants at risk for seizures and other health issues...https://healthimpactnews.com/2014/soy...s-in-children/
� #2
Old 04-09-2014, 07:16 PM
Explorer
RodsHealth is on a distinguished road

Thank you for posting this, K2C. My son was fed soy-based formula because I have a dairy allergy. He had a single febrile seizure at about 1 year of age. No autism, and he is doing 4 honors classes in his sophomore year. No lasting effects that we can tell. Maybe we were lucky.
� #3
Old 04-09-2014, 09:48 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor
kind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of light

I'm glad to hear that your son is doing well, you're very lucky!
� #4
Old 04-10-2014, 09:54 AM
Enlightener
d0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura about

I am glad to hear about soy based problems. I guess you can not replace good old mother's milk.
These infant formulas are a disgrace they have about 7-11 minerals and my dog food has 45. Feeding your child infant formula that would kill your dog. Tell your vet that you want to feed your dog table scraps and he will say do you want to kill your dog.
� #5
Old 04-13-2014, 06:28 PM
In seaerch of spicy food
saved1986 has a spectacular aura aboutsaved1986 has a spectacular aura about

Soy, besides estrogens, most of it in the states is GMO. Look for organic! And yes I love the Chinese restaurants bean curd dishes
� #6
Old 04-28-2014, 11:10 AM
Frater Aegagrus
Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0ug View Post
Tell your vet that you want to feed your dog table scraps and he will say do you want to kill your dog.
Depends on what your table scraps are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saved1986 View Post
Soy, besides estrogens, most of it in the states is GMO. Look for organic! And yes I love the Chinese restaurants bean curd dishes

Just remember that MOST Chinese food restaurants cook in GMO rapeseed (canola) oil.
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now you begin to understand me." George Orwell
� #7
Old 04-30-2014, 07:45 PM
Observer
mdsks002941 is on a distinguished road

Soy based formulas have a history of causing Seizures and sensitivities . the natural organic formulas are best. Your child may out grow the need for soy formula but watch for GI distress and allergies with the others.

Tags
baby, formula, seizures, soy
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.