Go Back Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Mental Health

� #1
Old 02-27-2014, 12:22 PM
Observer
TheArdentOptimist is on a distinguished road
Default Herbs for extreme anxiety?

Hello. Currently suffering from panic disorder and agoraphobia. Not looking for a 100% cure, just some relief would be nice. From there I would combine the best herbs with my current recovery plan...

Very interested in testing out rhodiola? Have any of you tried it? I also wrote down a few other herbs that I wish to ask you forum members about.

I would appreciate it if you could tell me all that you know about...

Hawthorn, Indian Ginseng, Reishi Mushrooms, Eleuthero, Holy Basil, Gotu Kola, Chines Magnolia, Jiaogulan, Chinese Ginseng, Kava Kava

Which herbs would you recommend I look into the most? Thank you.
� #2
Old 02-27-2014, 12:47 PM
Lecturer
knightofalbion has a spectacular aura aboutknightofalbion has a spectacular aura aboutknightofalbion has a spectacular aura about

I can only reiterate the recommendations I made to 'Sadman' in his thread - Bach Flower Remedies/Rescue remedy and valerian/passiflora.

Other than that I'm wondering if EFT would help you?

Pain is still pain, suffering is still suffering, regardless of whoever or whatever is the victim.
Everything is worthy of kindness.

https://holy-lance.blogspot.com
� #3
Old 02-27-2014, 01:35 PM
Observer
TheArdentOptimist is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion View Post
I can only reiterate the recommendations I made to 'Sadman' in his thread - Bach Flower Remedies/Rescue remedy and valerian/passiflora.

Other than that I'm wondering if EFT would help you?
Tried EFT once. For about a month actually, and it didnt work. I was seeing an NLP practitioner who used EFT as one of her life coaching methods. The first time I came to see her, I thought I was getting something known as "The Fast Phobia Release" in Nlp terms. Ya see, I believed that a traumatic experience of fear involving a viewing a movie I was exposed to as a child was responsible for these agoraphobic symptoms. Looking back, I know it's definitely part of the problem, but most likely not the 100% root cause, as panic disorder and agoraphobia tend to result as a culmination of unfortunate life events/circumstances. Even as a child, my life was filled with a bunch of turmoil, most of which I am not going to get into on here.

Point is though, after that first session, I went home and did EFT for a month straight until my practitioner was "Ready" for our next and final session, where the "fast phobia cure" was set to take place... I ended up spending almost $300 altogether in the end, just to learn EFT, and watch a scene of this film in her office that made me feel like shit, and brought me to tears on the ride home with my ma in the passenger seat, witnessing my embarrassment. Literally balling my eyes out, like a 4 year old child...
So yeah, **** EFT...

If you could provide me with a link of your post to Sadman, that would be terrific. Thanks man.
� #4
Old 02-27-2014, 05:20 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor
kind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nice

Hello and welcome! Here's a bit of info about Hawthorn, Chamomile and Skullcap. I've used Chamomile and Skullcap myself for their calming effects. Lavender essential oil inhaled, mixed with water and sprayed on clothing, pillows, etc. will relieve stress. I've heard too many negative things about Kava, I wouldn't take it myself.

No an herb, but Magnesium Citrate is very effective for muscle relaxation. L-Theanine is something else you may look into. I use Melatonin with L-Theanine for sleep, and it works well.

https://www.natmedtalk.com/wiki/Hawthorn
https://www.natmedtalk.com/wiki/Chamomile
https://www.natmedtalk.com/wiki/Skullcap
� #5
Old 02-27-2014, 07:12 PM
Reader
revzen will become famous soon enoughrevzen will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to revzen

I use chamomile tea for my nerves and to help me sleep, for my bedtime drink its a 2 tea bag job! Works great!
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.